The Daily for Monday Mar 01, 2021

richwmn

Now that I'm home I have news - I just got my first shot!!! I've been checking Walgreens multiple times a day, but they wanted you to schedule both first and second, and the appointments for the second day wouldn't show up.  My son works there, and called me and said they had extra - so I went straight there from work.  I got the Moderna one, so will have to go back in 28 days for the second.  Glad to get it started!

As promised, I found some pics from our Grand Cayman drinking trip....

1184.JPG

IMG_4671.JPG

IMG_4674.JPG

IMG_4678.JPG

IMG_4681.JPG

• Like 18

Thansks for the daily reports, photos and humour.

No peanut butter in this house.

@rafinmd the Peach/Ginger Soup and the Peach Crisp, so yummy.

@superoma Belated Congratulations on your 51st wedding anniversary, may you have many more happy years together.  Beautiful flowers.

@St Louis Cruiser best wishes to your grandson for good healing.  Is the goalie banned from playing a few games?

Low cloud first thing this morning, lifted  to a lovely sunny day, 24 C expected . 

Keep well and stay safe everyone.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, dfish said:

The nice thing about the pot roast recipes is that you can use the vegetables you like and leave out the ones you don't.  I'll trade you guys my carrots for your parsnips and beets.

Good trade.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, erewhon said:

@kazu have you heard from Krazy Kruizers lately?

No, sadly. She hasn’t answered my last email - over 3 weeks I think?

Now granted it was nearly 3 weeks earlier for a reply to one of my other emails.  I know she’s not doing great so I am trying to check in but not harrass her.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good evening everyone and Happy March!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

I am so late today. I wasted my morning watching the Golden Globes. At 11:00 I knew I needed to get some errands done and didn’t get home until 1:30. After lunch I had more stuff to do around the house so am just now reading 5 pages of the Daily. What a community we have!

@StLouisCruisers prayers and good wishes for a speedy recovery for your DGS. 

I love all the 3 “P’s” of celebration today. The meal suggestion sounds good but I like Roy’s better. We’re having something light because we pigged out at lunch. 

@richwmn I love the idea of Port of the Day!  We’ve been to Grand Cayman twice. The first time was around 1999 and we ate lunch at a British restaurant and I don’t have a clue what else we did. We like to search out local restaurants. The second time was January 2015 and we went to a little cafe for coffee (me) and coke (DH) and pastry. We were really just interested in their WiFi.

D82202E6-0927-42F6-A344-CEC38263CDE3.thumb.jpeg.110b5960bcee5f899838304b9b9f0f56.jpeg

After walking around a bit we went to a restaurant DH had scoped out for lunch. 

B95F43FB-A385-421E-9C03-7CDA257D0D08.thumb.jpeg.0ae4080edc0627ceccf87da7d47811ba.jpeg

5A22EF1D-795F-4BD6-94A8-43D24826C1DA.thumb.jpeg.bca63d544ad768d31be8db40f8b687f8.jpeg

Have a good evening everyone!

• Like 15

When I was on the second cruise in my life in 1990 (RCCL) we stopped at Grand Cayman where I snorkeled for the first time.  I had never seen such water color and clarity in real life!  I wouldn't mind going back to see more of the island.

Thanks for the Port of the Day suggestion Rich, it will give me a little opportunity to learn some new geography each day.

~Nancy

• Like 9

5 hours ago, kazu said:

No, sadly. She hasn’t answered my last email - over 3 weeks I think?

Now granted it was nearly 3 weeks earlier for a reply to one of my other emails.  I know she’s not doing great so I am trying to check in but not harrass her.

Thank you for your reply, often think of her and hope they are doing OK.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening everyone and Happy March!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

I am so late today. I wasted my morning watching the Golden Globes. At 11:00 I knew I needed to get some errands done and didn’t get home until 1:30. After lunch I had more stuff to do around the house so am just now reading 5 pages of the Daily. What a community we have!

@StLouisCruisers prayers and good wishes for a speedy recovery for your DGS. 

I love all the 3 “P’s” of celebration today. The meal suggestion sounds good but I like Roy’s better. We’re having something light because we pigged out at lunch. 

@richwmn I love the idea of Port of the Day!  We’ve been to Grand Cayman twice. The first time was around 1999 and we ate lunch at a British restaurant and I don’t have a clue what else we did. We like to search out local restaurants. The second time was January 2015 and we went to a little cafe for coffee (me) and coke (DH) and pastry. We were really just interested in their WiFi.

D82202E6-0927-42F6-A344-CEC38263CDE3.thumb.jpeg.110b5960bcee5f899838304b9b9f0f56.jpeg

After walking around a bit we went to a restaurant DH had scoped out for lunch. 

B95F43FB-A385-421E-9C03-7CDA257D0D08.thumb.jpeg.0ae4080edc0627ceccf87da7d47811ba.jpeg

5A22EF1D-795F-4BD6-94A8-43D24826C1DA.thumb.jpeg.bca63d544ad768d31be8db40f8b687f8.jpeg

Have a good evening everyone!

Love the pics of you two!

• Like 3