Are Pinnacle Club members allowed into the Suite Lounge on Oasis?

11 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’ve suggested Allowing access by points. Let Royal determine what a doable number of people in SL/CK.  They can sign up by day and highest points has access first and then work down based on occupancy   

Some folks think even 1 is to many

• Like 2

Read with interest the varied exchanges.  

As a lapsed P, can confirm the ratio is 50/50.  Half are decent, fair minded and interesting people, the other half are self important, me me me, get everything going, ego trippers.

This is my first and last post on this thread.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Some folks think even 1 is to many

Most times the numbers are not bad. But the times they are, something must be done. Maybe embarkation day, limit access to Suites only. Adjust access during the week as required. I still say by points is a doable way. On those cruises. DL for Pinnacles only. 

M8

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RFerrington said:

We pretty much only eat breakfast in CK and, as John suggests, filet night.  In all of my times on an O or Q class, I have never had lunch in a CK.  Frankly, on cruises we very rarely have lunch anyway.  Just too much food to eat 3 meals.  

Huge fan of boarding day lunch. Probably the only one that is crowded. 

Chicken sandwich is good, hot fries, flatbreads. 

Burgers are hit or miss. Laura likes the salmon.

Oasis does it best, Harmony is bad from day 5 on

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Me too.  We mix it up for dinner, with some of the menu choices pushing that envelope as well.  And

like you, we adore CK for breakfast and lunch, (when we are not wandering around in port for lunch).   

We do MDR a couple nights, WJ for stirfry, Izumi or Chops one night, Portside BBQ, or JR's.

Depends on the ship

To me, that's how it's supposed to work.

Challenge is getting reservations in CK for the two great menus. Hence my desire to go back to the two menu system

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

This entire thread is Pinnacle Envy. Yes - people who have spent $500,000+ on status are important. And right now, given the precarious nature of the industry, are even more important. Who else would be putting down $10,000s on deposits right now?

Curious as to how you came up with these numbers?

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Huge fan of boarding day lunch. Probably the only one that is crowded. 

Chicken sandwich is good, hot fries, flatbreads. 

Burgers are hit or miss. Laura likes the salmon.

Oasis does it best, Harmony is bad from day 5 on

Why boarding day lunch?  This will be our first time in CK and I'm waffling over where to have lunch on boarding day.

• Like 1

I think boarding day is going to be different when we finally start back up.  We almost always have lunch in Chops but with boarding delayed until after Chops has already closed its lunch, that is probably not going to happen - at least for a while.  I'm not sure there's going to be anywhere except perhaps the WJ to have lunch on embarkation day anymore.  ...and if it's 3:00 when I board, I don't dare eat ANY lunch or I will not be able to eat any dinner.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Teeara said:

Why boarding day lunch?  This will be our first time in CK and I'm waffling over where to have lunch on boarding day.

Even when its crowded, it's not as packed as the rest of ship.  (With a couple of exceptions)

Lunch is tasty, relaxing, and free beer😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Teeara said:

It’s really hard to undo a “perk”. That’s why I suggest access by points. That keeps the higher Pinnacles happy, hopefully. 

M8

14 minutes ago, Teeara said:

Not John but the  couple of times we were able to access CK it was less of a hubbub than other dining venues on boarding day

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I think boarding day is going to be different when we finally start back up.  We almost always have lunch in Chops but with boarding delayed until after Chops has already closed its lunch, that is probably not going to happen - at least for a while.  I'm not sure there's going to be anywhere except perhaps the WJ to have lunch on embarkation day anymore.  ...and if it's 3:00 when I board, I don't dare eat ANY lunch or I will not be able to eat any dinner.

Until Oasis arrived in PC, and we were Pinnacle, we never arrived before 1:00.

Hated lugging our carry on around waiting for cabins to open. 

CK access changed that

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You think the free beer/wine has something to do with the amount of people who access the SL/CK?  😇

Maybe, but they did free beer at lunch in the original CL before the SL existed. 

FWIW, it's pretty empty up there in the afternoon. Starts to fill up around 4:00.

We are up there playing cards many afternoons

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I resemble that statement on the times we got to go there😇

But you're a Suite guest😇

So I guess free beer is enjoyed by all walks of life

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s really hard to undo a “perk”. That’s why I suggest access by points. That keeps the higher Pinnacles happy, hopefully. 

M8

Personally I doubt the higher Pins are the ones the bean counters want to make happy.

Probably makes sense to placate new Pins and keep them excited

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1