Are Pinnacle Club members allowed into the Suite Lounge on Oasis?

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I was hoping clause #21 would show up.

If there was ever a time for Royal to rework the loyalty program, this present operations pause seems like a good one. Maybe they are cooking something up right now.

The airlines have not shied away from changing the perks even for the so-called million milers, while at the same time giving equivalent perks to the branded credit card holders and the frequent fliers. They're chasing dollars wherever they can, even basing the rewards on dollars spent + miles flown.

If you had to name your most valuable Pinnacle benefit, the one you would be most upset to lose, would it be the lounge access?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Pratique said:

If there was ever a time for Royal to rework the loyalty program, this present operations pause seems like a good one. Maybe they are cooking something up right now.

The airlines have not shied away from changing the perks even for the so-called million milers, while at the same time giving equivalent perks to the branded credit card holders and the frequent fliers. They're chasing dollars wherever they can, even basing the rewards on dollars spent + miles flown.

If you had to name your most valuable Pinnacle benefit, the one you would be most upset to lose, would it be the lounge access?

Probably, but I'd be fine with the vouchers they are doing on the Singapore sailings in lieu of the SL

Love CK access, but that is ship specific.

150% solo discount is our most valuable perk

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I was hoping clause #21 would show up.

Took longer than I thought.

Hope your had a good time at Bike Week

Was attempting to hold off but it got too deep. Lol

Bikeweek is very busy and packed. DOT and Volusia shutting off many venues for traffic flow. I95 was backed going North 3 miles trying to get into Destination Daytona. US1 both directions was backed up 2 miles. They shut down entrance to DD around 3 yesterday. CEO of DD said only 2nd time in 16 years. 

Daytona Mayor has made a mess on Main St by not allowing bike parking on sidewalks. The Naked Cowboy has been arrested for Pan handling and resting arrest without Violence. Judge dismissed charges as he said they were donations.  He left town in went to Bikeweek on the West coast. 

It’s packed and businesses need this boost. So many people from out of State that are just feed up with being locked down and ready to get out and party. Lots of vendors. Missing in action, Factory Harley-Davidson is not represented here. There are a few known people but they are not wearing any H-D logo (Staff) for fear of repercussions from the Wisconsin Governor.  

Numbers predicted prior to event was 200-300k. That has changed to 400-500k. 500k would be there with records set at other Bikeweeks. 

Lots of good live music at many venues and booze is flowing freely. It’s a little chilly but nice weather for rest of the week. We came home a little early to cook some nice bone in ribeyes. 

Thanks for asking. 

M8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Both Harmony and Symphony SL/CK are larger than the one on Oasis/Allure

Maybe it seems bigger because the bar is larger? IIRC, the one on Allure backs up against the window and was pretty long.  At least it seemed longer than the one on Symphony.  But. DH will tell you I am terrible at visualizing.

1 hour ago, jk04 said:

Maybe it seems bigger because the bar is larger? IIRC, the one on Allure backs up against the window and was pretty long.  At least it seemed longer than the one on Symphony.  But. DH will tell you I am terrible at visualizing.

Correct, O/A have the original VCL bar since it was a remodel. H/S have a much smaller bar, but I prefer the new design

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Teeara...meet Bucky and I in CK for lunch in Barcelona!  You will see why.  Relaxed lunch, no dragging your carry on around, or trying to stuff them under the table in the WJ.    🙂 

If my wife and I end up doing the Allure TA, can be join you😂😂. Mid-D+ in GS. 

mac_tlc

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Correct, O/A have the original VCL bar since it was a remodel. H/S have a much smaller bar, but I prefer the new design

The overall design on H/S is better except the bar faces the wall. On a ship with precious few outside views this was a mistake IMHO. I love sitting at the bar on O/A and getting the 120 degree view. I never sit at the bar on H/S, that one is grab and go sit somewhere else.

14 minutes ago, Pratique said:

The overall design on H/S is better except the bar faces the wall. On a ship with precious few outside views this was a mistake IMHO. I love sitting at the bar on O/A and getting the 120 degree view. I never sit at the bar on H/S, that one is grab and go sit somewhere else.

Allows for more window seating for diners.😉

To me, that's a good thing.😁

When I sit at bar on Oasis, I feel uncomfortably low, and I'm over 6' tall

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Allows for more window seating for diners.😉

To me, that's a good thing.😁

When I sit at bar on Oasis, I feel uncomfortably low, and I'm over 6' tall

IDK, barflies want views too lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

The first time I walked into CK on Harmony, I felt like something was very wrong, until I realized  the layout of Harmony (and also Symphony) are the opposite of O/A. Also, we sat at the tables for 2 against the back wall, which do not exist on O/A. 

The bar is simply table height and the bar tenders are in a sunken well. Of course it feels low.

I would never know though because I CAN NEVER GET 2 SEATS SIDE BY SIDE!

Just kidding. We were getting off Oasis exactly 1 year ago. The cruise was at capacity. The DL was ridiculously crowded. The SL was full of Pinnacles including Super Mario holding court every night. 

That said, I never felt as though I couldn't get a drink at the bar or a table in the CK. I'm not a Pin by far, just a newly minted Diamond and a suite customer. Pinnacle members deserve the SL. I enjoy sharing the space with them.  

• Like 3

Having only sailed on Oasis and Allure in that class I was unaware of the different layouts of the CL's/SL's on the others.  This coming Fall and Winter we are booked on Symphony, Harmony and Oasis so I will be paying attention to the differences.  Assuming we are still allowed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Retinking this Pinnacle limited access.

You could create a hard line of points. 

1050, 1400, 1750, etc.. Just pick one 

At some point they'll need to begin differentiating above 700 without adding more official levels like P+.

Sort of like the subtle difference for D+ as you progress from 175 towards 700.  They aren't official named level changes but there are subtle changes in perks at 340 and 525 for example. 

Royal can easily model how a 1050 or 1400 threshold would impact the numbers eligible for SL/CK access.  

I agree it would be better to establish as a well known standard, not some elusive variable where you don't know if you made it until you are onboard.  

Time to dig out an old Gold level seapass card and a lanyard then crash the top tier events when or if they ever return.  Sit in the Pinnacle section and wait for it...

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

Having only sailed on Oasis and Allure in that class I was unaware of the different layouts of the CL's/SL's on the others.  This coming Fall and Winter we are booked on Symphony, Harmony and Oasis so I will be paying attention to the differences.  Assuming we are still allowed. 

The SL's on H&S have a much superior snack area. You'll enjoy that. 😁

A challenge for the CK manager is keeping SL patrons out of the eating area where the O&A bar is.  It's kind of a gray area where SL stops and CK starts. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cigar King said:

I "assume" human nature being what it is, this is likely a true statement.  I fail to see why my agreement to this is needed.

Thank you...you just did.  😉  Won't bother you any longer.  

14 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

If my wife and I end up doing the Allure TA, can be join you😂😂. Mid-D+ in GS. 

mac_tlc

We will already be on board, doing 2 loops around the Med two legs before the TA.   🤗

If you get over your laughter .....and actually book that cruise.  Will be honored to meet you.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I agree about preferring the bar on O/A.  I like being able to see out rather than facing the wall.

Me too.  Not the same like Allure and Oasis.  Love looking out the windows.  

On Harmony, we just grab a wine/beer and leave.  Bar is smaller, and looking at the wall.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I have an idea. Allow full access to SL/CL for Pinnacles who are booked in a JS. Lots of my Pinnacle friends, who are NOT “pesky”, stay in JS’s. This should make the numbers manageable on any cruise. 😇

M8

Interesting concept

• Thanks 1