The Daily for Thursday Mar 11, 2021

richwmn

Good morning to everyone from the  Far South Coast of Australia. It is Friday morning here, and we have been blessed with some rain overnight. DH has an enormous collection of tools, some of which are very old. I have just made him a padded roll up holder for his chisels, with my new sewing machine. He has had the chisels for over 40 years and has just decided that they need a cover of some sort! During our brief Covid lockdown last year he built a beautiful garden setting, which we have used a lot this summer. Would love to go to Madeira, the flowers are very reminiscent of those we saw in the Canary Islands. No vaccine available here yet, but as we live in a regional area and there are no cases of Covid, we are happy to wait. My brother is a pilot for the Flying Doctor, so he has had his vaccination. Thank you to all who contribute to the Daily. I love getting up in the morning and reading all the posts from the day before. 

• Like 19

34 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

March 12 is a good day for a birthday, as I will be celebrating one tomorrow too.  

Happy birthday to you tomorrow Lenda.  🎂

The soothsayer's prophecy to "beware the Ides of March" was incorrect.  It should have been "beware the 12th of March" 😁

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Spring is brightening up - Dr. Bonnie says we can get together as a group of 10, outside, being careful.  And, after a long wait on the phone, both Pat and I have appointments to be vaccinated on March 17 - we will definitely be wearing green and thanking St. Patrick for looking out for us!

Woo hoo!🥂🎉🍾

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

What a nice birthday surprise!  And I bet it will be delicious!  DH and I did two self-driving tours through Ireland -- two-weeks each trip -- and both agree that Ireland has some of the best food we have experienced anywhere on the globe.  Now, I'll admit we were surprised by this.  But the freshness and cleanliness of the ingredients -- meats, fish, poultry, dairy, vegetables -- just made everything delectable.  We always talk about how we want to go back to Ireland just to eat!

Enjoy your celebration!  😊

Yes!  I have never had a dessert as good as Banoffee pie!   I literally ordered dessert first when I saw it,  I cannot even begin to describe the amazing toffee!  

We’ve been twice two weeks North and two weeks in the Republic.   DH has family there and we’ve really enjoyed our visits.  

March is great for birthdays!  Both our granddaughter’s and mine are this weekend!  

9871716B-D5AD-48CA-B39E-799656A0EFD5.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 14

Happy birthday tomorrow and  to all the birthday girls!  Our youngest had her birthday yesterday.   She was supposed to be a birthday present for my father (March 3), but missed.  March is a good month.😀

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Happy birthday tomorrow and  to all the birthday girls!  Our youngest had her birthday yesterday.   She was supposed to be a birthday present for my father (March 3), but missed.  March is a good month.😀

Yea , both my dad and grandfather were born the same day in March,  I came a little earlier,  and DS was supposed to be born in mid March but he was an early bird.  

so glad you have your appointments!  

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺That is right summer!! Wish I knew you on board!!

Sun pooped out briefly and mama hummingbird went off to get food! 
Like I said I wish I could take a better picture!! Baby is sprawled out with his little head resting on nest to the left!

Have a good day

Denise😊

image.thumb.jpeg.dc49246f918a0faef4e66aaf2a7fabbe.jpeg

Loving our creatures great and small! I love our hummingbirds so much!

Denise, I saw the terrible flooding on Maui. I know you and David aren't in danger, but do you have anyone east that you know? Wow, it's pretty bad! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Got to see DH today for the first time since March 2! The event was a dr appt where they removed all the wrapping on his leg to X-ray it. Removed staples & put on a new, smaller & light cast in a lovely shade of blue. In two weeks they'll remove the stitches. Progress! He's scheduled to come home March 23. Yay!!

• Like 21

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Great minds and great chefs!  It is Ellen's birthday tomorrow also, but I have arranged for afternoon tea to be delivered from a local hotel that is still open.  It won't be quite the same as sitting in the MDR, but it may should be a pleasant afternoon.  Birthday wishes to Mitzi. 🎂

what an absolutely lovely treat for Ellen!  You are very thoughtful and inventive.  Love it 👍 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Loving our creatures great and small! I love our hummingbirds so much!

Denise, I saw the terrible flooding on Maui. I know you and David aren't in danger, but do you have anyone east that you know? Wow, it's pretty bad! 

Hi sis!🌴🌴🌴

Kaupakalua Dam is east and they are evacuating people down stream from it about 1300 people, and the Kaunakakai bridge is damaged! It is so beautiful up there and with all the flooding now sad.

To answer your your question no and Maui rescue is out trying to help! Our main road into town and airport from what our Gardner says is jammed! High surf of waves 10-15 feet! WOW! So sad.

❤️Denise

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Got to see DH today for the first time since March 2! The event was a dr appt where they removed all the wrapping on his leg to X-ray it. Removed staples & put on a new, smaller & light cast in a lovely shade of blue. In two weeks they'll remove the stitches. Progress! He's scheduled to come home March 23. Yay!!

Excellent news!

Roy

• Like 4

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Great minds and great chefs!  It is Ellen's birthday tomorrow also, but I have arranged for afternoon tea to be delivered from a local hotel that is still open.  It won't be quite the same as sitting in the MDR, but it may should be a pleasant afternoon.  Birthday wishes to Mitzi. 🎂

Happy birthday to Ellen!!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Hi sis!🌴🌴🌴

Kaupakalua Dam is east and they are evacuating people down stream from it about 1300 people, and the Kaunakakai bridge is damaged! It is so beautiful up there and with all the flooding now sad.

To answer your your question no and Maui rescue is out trying to help! Our main road into town and airport from what our Gardner says is jammed! High surf of waves 10-15 feet! WOW! So sad.

❤️Denise

We've been up there so many times. Magical. We started our yearly trek in Maui since 1984. We owned at Alii til Westin hung their shingle. Your home is the perfect place on the island! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We've been up there so many times. Magical. We started our yearly trek in Maui since 1984. We owned at Alii til Westin hung their shingle. Your home is the perfect place on the island! 

Oh Joy thank you! Your so sweet. We remember Alii it was a gem of a place right on the walkway to Whalers Village.

I so hope to go home even if it isn’t till Dec 5th on our cruise God willing! We figure will go to our home when in port in Lahaina when we’re there for the day! 
Mahalo Seestar!!

Denise😊

• Like 7

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Happy birthday to you tomorrow Lenda.  🎂

The soothsayer's prophecy to "beware the Ides of March" was incorrect.  It should have been "beware the 12th of March" 😁

Maybe it should have been beware of those born on the 12th of March.  😜

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Happy Birthday , a day late , to Sheila ! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

My father kept offering my mother all sorts of bribes to have me on his birthday, March 6, but stubborn me waited until March 12

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NextOne said:

YAY is right!!!!  Such great news!

• Like 2