4-2-2021 CDC has issued new guidance

We knew there were 4 phases, Now there are at least 5.

"CDC may update these instructions for cruise ship operators for the additional phases (Phases 2B through 4) of resuming cruise ship passenger operations. These additional phases will be further described in future technical instructions and/or orders. CDC will notify cruise lines when these instructions are updated."

CDC = Fail

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, NightOne said:

So you read it ALL already. Wow!

I did, yes. It expands on the previously vague section on shore side agreements with local health departments.   Information that would have been good to know six months ago. It also has obsolete requirements for the current state of covid. It also adds some guidance on vaccines, but seems to have done so on a whim, as if they were rushed in there.

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I did, yes. It expands on the previously vague section on shore side agreements with local health departments.   Information that would have been good to know six months ago. It also has obsolete requirements for the current state of covid. It also adds some guidance on vaccines, but seems to have done so on a whim, as if they were rushed in there.

As if they were hurrying something to press because a certain “director” stuck her clueless foot in her mouth. 

• Like 6

If I am not mistaken, the technical area was updated late today (according to USAToday) it includes information concerning vaccination with 7 bullet points.  I am not sure if anything else is new under that or if any of it was there before.  

It appears they want people vaccinated.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/instructions-local-agreements.html

Cruise Industry News is reporting on it too.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24702-cdc-releases-technical-instructions-for-cruise-ships-to-sail-again.html

Edited by Plum Happy

Very complex Technical Instructions. It will take a lot of work to meet these CDC requirements for the CSO. Each ship, each US port, each foreign port, almost each voyage will have to be described, explained and procedures agreed to by all parties, including the CDC, Port Authorities and USCG. The corporate staffs are going to be challenged to get this done. I don't think that a political process can replace the technical process. We shall see.

6 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

Very complex Technical Instructions. It will take a lot of work to meet these CDC requirements for the CSO. Each ship, each US port, each foreign port, almost each voyage will have to be described, explained and procedures agreed to by all parties, including the CDC, Port Authorities and USCG. The corporate staffs are going to be challenged to get this done. I don't think that a political process can replace the technical process. We shall see.

Cruiselines will see that list and just take their business elsewhere.Just like they are starting to do............ You won't see cruising  from a US port until 2022 at the earliest.

Serious  we all need to find other options for vacations besides cruising from a US Port.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

There is nothing on that list that couldn't have been created within a week of the release of the previous Conditional Sailing Order in October, except the one line about recommending everyone being vaccinated.

Edited by dswallow

2 hours ago, soremekun said:

Sooooo, can we also now assume July is a no go too?

When Royal released the itinerary that leaves from Nassau I gave up hope for any sailings out of the US this summer. They just flipped the CDC the bird and found a loophole that could serve the U.S. passenger.

• Like 7

This was not good for anyone who likes cruising. The CDC is inserting requirements that openly have nothing to do with Covid-19 or the pandemic; such as ships having to have a plan in place for non-covid medical evacuations that utilize entirely commercial stuff, and don't put a burden on the coast guard. It's only a matter of time until they extend this nonsense from being conditional to being permanent.

The CDC is taking advantage of the pandemic to attack the cruise lines. This is what happens when you have an entire industry that primarily benefits states on one side of the political isle. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1