Cost of Specialty Dining?

AtleeH

When you reach four-star Mariner status, the price drops to half. If you have a Neptune Suite, the venue is open for free breakfasts. All the ships have lovely Pinnacle Grills, and most (but not all) have window seating. I always go early to be sure I can sit by the window.

7 minutes ago, albingirl said:

Lunch for two is the real bargain, especially if you are a 4 star mariner.  Very elegant too. We like to do it when we have a sea day.

What is the cost for that? I don't remember seeing that option.

2 hours ago, What was that? said:

What is the cost for that? I don't remember seeing that option.

Memory fails me....I thought it was a reduction by half of dinner, but it could be more.  Sorry, havent sailed in awhile.  Maybe someone else remembers.  I remember paying 5 dollars apiece but that was awhile ago.

I believe until a couple of years ago it was $10pp for Pinnacle Grill luncheon.  Then it went up to $15pp.  But if you have the  (4 star?) Mariner's discount it was half price so two could eat a fabulous lunch for $15.  We liked to do that on sea days, too.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
6 minutes ago, Jwd98056 said:

For our Eurodam April 10th, 2022 Panama Canal cruise the specialty dining is listed as:

Pinnacle - $46 .00

Canaletto - $22.50

Tamarind - $34.20

Rudi's Sel de Mer - $57.80

Wow!  Price went up.  I just got off Zuiderdam on 02/13 and it was $39 for Pinnacle and Canaletto was $19.00.  I am only 3*, and 4* is upcoming with my next cruise, so the additional 25% discount will be nice!

9 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Wow!  Price went up.  I just got off Zuiderdam on 02/13 and it was $39 for Pinnacle and Canaletto was $19.00.  I am only 3*, and 4* is upcoming with my next cruise, so the additional 25% discount will be nice!

The prices quoted by @Jwd98056 include the mandatory 18% gratuity.  For example Pinnacle Grill at $39.00 + 18% = $46.02

Edited by oakridger
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Sea42 said:

Is there a discount for 3* in the Pinnacle for lunch. I know there is for dinner in the specialties.

Yes - Mariner discounts for specialty dining apply for the PG lunch. 🙂 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, RuthC said:

If you still have room, they will give you seconds on those items. 

I'm a small woman who eats twice what my husband eats! 🙂  Can I order 2 at once? Servers are always amazed that I eat everything on my plate - if I order it, I eat it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

I'm a small woman who eats twice what my husband eats! 🙂  Can I order 2 at once? Servers are always amazed that I eat everything on my plate - if I order it, I eat it.

Sure! But it might be a good idea to specify if you want them served at the same time, or one after the other (and which one first). 

Small woman who eats twice what your husband eats??? You realize I hate you, I trust. 

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Sure! But it might be a good idea to specify if you want them served at the same time, or one after the other (and which one first). 

Small woman who eats twice what your husband eats??? You realize I hate you, I trust. 

I get it! I would hate me too, haha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have Crew Appreciation as part of the Have It all promo are gratuities included for the complimentary specialty dinner? What if we purchase another specialty dinner, is the gratuity part of the Crew Appreciation? We usually tip extra for excellent service but would like to know the starting point. First time on Holland and first time having gratuities included as a booking bonus so not sure how it works.