The Daily for Monday Apr 12, 2021

richwmn

25 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I have a question for those working with cactus - how on earth do you ever manage to transplant them?  They look super dangerous

DH used to have a lot of them and I had the “joy” of transplanting them.  I used oven mitts to tip and empty them and put them in the new pot.  Just the same, I still got pricked.

I was not heartbroken when the last one lived it’s last life 😉 

The sharpest flower I want is a cleome. 😉 

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Is anyone else having problems staying logged into CC?  That's been going on for me for a week or more.  Such a pain logging in over and over each day.

I have been problems the last few days.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why.  Sometimes it happens every 5 minutes or so, while at other times there can be a longer break before I find myself having to log back in.

So far today I have not had any problems.

Val

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I have a question for those working with cactus - how on earth do you ever manage to transplant them?  They look super dangerous!

I either wrap them in thick newspaper or use tongs. I also have some gloves that are pretty resistant to the the needles. I also have two cacti that are night blooming - they get one bloom a year and open around 10PM. Sadly the pretty flower dies in about 24 hours.

IMG_0404.thumb.JPG.34adbaa3d2e2925b91b02911a073e9a7.JPG

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

I don't even want to think about high winds, around here that frequently means haboobs with dust so thick you can't see across your patio. The dust storm will cover several city blocks and be extremely tall. Sometime they will preceed a monsoon rain then the streets will be running mud. Either the haboobs or the monsoons or both can be quite destructive.

My only South America cruise was a round trip San Diego to Lima, Peru so we never got as far south as the port of the day. I am very much enjoying the photos.

Thank you for sharing your information Roy. I will pray that whatever is decided has the best outcome for you.

Jane  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Ann, do you get your biopsy results tomorrow or does the Doctor take the sample tomorrow?

Roy

Roy, just taking a bit of the "bump" tomorrow.  Probably there will be a 3-week wait for results.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vict0riann said:

Roy, just taking a bit of the "bump" tomorrow.  Probably there will be a 3-week wait for results.

Will be thinking of you and praying Ann for very good results 🙏🏻 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I either wrap them in thick newspaper or use tongs. I also have some gloves that are pretty resistant to the the needles. I also have two cacti that are night blooming - they get one bloom a year and open around 10PM. Sadly the pretty flower dies in about 24 hours.

IMG_0404.thumb.JPG.34adbaa3d2e2925b91b02911a073e9a7.JPG

That’s gorgeous.  A shame it is so short lived.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Is anyone else having problems staying logged into CC?  That's been going on for me for a week or more.  Such a pain logging in over and over each day.

Every couple days or so I will find myself logged out and need to log in again.  Yes, it is incredibly annoying.

• Like 8

DH surprised me with a trip on the cog up to the top of Mount Washington when we were in New England for my work once.  It was fun (and windy), and I have a fun picture of me hanging on to the chain.

My very first job as a teenager was at the public library.  My pay rate was 90 cents/hour, and I pocketed less than $35/month.  Oh my!  

We are supposed to leave from San Antonio for a trans-Canal next March.  Fingers crossed tightly!

• Like 11

I am late to the game today.  Sorry about that.

Prayers for Roy that you are able to make the right decision regarding your cardiac condition with the least possible invasive procedure.

Also prayers for all others on the cares list.

We have not been to San Antonio but have been to Valparaiso on our repositioning cruise on the Veendam.  We spent the day with DH’s friend who is a missionary in Chile.  We had a wonderful day.

Also prayers for the people of St. Vincent.  We were there last February just before everything locked down.  We spent a wonderful day on St. Vincent. We booked a day pass at the Young Island Resort.  For $123 per couple we were able to spend the day, have a wonderful lunch, use the beach and have a hotel room with a patio.  We were to return this coming January.  i guess that port will be canceled.  

Love grilled cheese sandwiches.

Hope everyone had a great day.  Until tomorrow.  

Hooked up with another CCr from our town and will try to meet in the near future.  Glad I decided to join the Daily.

Stay safe everyone.

Terr

• Like 13

Thanks for the daily updates, photos and humour.

Grilled cheese sandwiches always popular here, as are Grilled Cheese Rolls.

Roy, hope you do not have to wait long for the decision.

It's an overcast  day, rain forecast, autumn is setting in, leaves gradually falling from trees.

Take care everyone.

• Like 12

Busy weekend with two grown sons visiting. But now back to solitude. We had two more wildfires this weekend and a burn pill that got out of control with an owner who refused to let the fire department help. They lost an rv in the fire. Warning all over about not lighting burn piles as the perdition is for high winds for the next few days. I sure hope people listen. 

• Like 6