The Daily for Tuesday Apr 13, 2021

richwmn

Thanks Copper for the Hong Kong pictures, especially the Star Ferry info.  While the fare is inexpensive, (roughly half a U.S. dollar), I understand that if you are over 65 you can ride for free.  You can also use an Octopus Card, which we use for the Hong Kong Metro.  We have the Elder Octopus card, so I am guessing that it would let us board but not charge us.  Hope we can check it out sometime next year on the Noordam.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, kb4683 said:

This is how I make them at home 👍.  Unless there happens to be an open bottle of Prosecco hanging around (very unlikely).

This is how I learned to make them when I was in Venice.  I was fortunate to rent an apartment for 2 weeks in 2000 and again for 5 days in 2005.  I had one every evening.  🙂  It's also where DH began his love of Negroni's, which he had every evening!  Nothing like sitting outside before dinner with a Spritz or a Negroni and in Italy!

• Like 13

Good afternoon everyone.  Hope everyone is having a good day.

Roy, you are in my prayers today and hope all goes well.

I have good news to report.  Our tax refund FINALLY HIT THE BANK ACCOUNT today.  So who knows what the identity verification was all about.  It never happened.  Thanks for all the prayers.  It’s always nice to have a bit more money—especially when it really belongs to you.

Love peach cobbler—wish I knew how to make it.

i also like to play scrabble and used to be really good at it.  However haven’t played it in years.  Will have to dig out the game and convince DH to play.  See how that goes.

Fairbanks, Alaska—nope.  Didn’t realize that was a port.  Only did the Inside Passage.

Almost time to cook dinner.  Tonight it’s Chicken breasts with mushrooms and artichoke hearts in a red wine sauce with a side of risotto. 

A nice glass of Pinot Grigio to go with it.

Take care everyone. Stay safe and healthy.  God Bless!

Terri

• Like 16

@USN59-79we plug our cars in on a regular basis throughout the winter - unless we don't want them to start. LOL  Many people who have diesel engines have to plug them in from early fall through to late spring, or they won't start because of the cold.  Of course if you have a garage, you're fine - unless your DH has converted half of it to a workshop and your vehicle has to stay outside . . .

@Love the beach if I'm not mistaken, that's known as "Crown of Thorns" - mine just bloomed last week, a solitary little flower on this big thorny stalk.

@cat shepard happy to hear you got an all clear - what a relief that must be for you.

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good evening all.  I hope everyone had a great day.

Dinner tonight was leftover chicken and mashed potatoes.  The fur babies were  quite appreciative of the treat😀

I have some plants from last year that survived the winter, but always looking for something new.

I found a new herb called Good King Henry, supposed to be like spinach in the spring and as it matures can be used like asparagus.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 14

Late to the party!  Nearly spritz o’clock!  @Sharon in AZI think I’ve spent too long in Italy 😂!  I learned how in Venice too, staying in n apartment or rooftop terrace! 

Loved the bluebonnets,  they seemed different to our lupins here.  

We had plans to visit Fairbanks, but I caught a nasty flu on the ship on the way up so we spent  a lot of time in Anchorage recovering.    I must say I’ve been warmer in Alaska then expected,  we had 80 degree days in summer and we found it equally beautiful and warmer than Norway.  So don’t expect ice and snow in summer.  

And our seedlings have germinated!  image.thumb.jpeg.2ab84d2ca027d6eb1affa0b7d7045863.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 21

3 hours ago, highland cruiser said:

Good afternoon!  Great weather again today .  Booked our tickets for a tulip festival on Thursday.  No rain forecasted for DH is humoring me with a walk thru the tulips!!

We flew into Fairbanks several years ago on June 21.  Needless to say we never saw darkness for the time we were there.  

Thanks for all the pictures and posts.  Praying for the care list.  Big hugs to the happy list.  

Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone.

🌷 🌞

@highland cruiser

Be careful walking thru the tulips ..............Just Tip Toe .........

😀😀

Edited by sailingdutchy
  • Like 6
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We especially liked the Metropolitan since we had a black and white one in New Jersey when DH was stationed at Picatinny Arsenal.

IMG_2775.thumb.JPG.94f9c046e5db48de4f75beeb245699bc.JPG 

Omigosh!  A Metropolitan was my first car.....in 1958 or thereabouts.

And now that I'm permanently retired in the PacNW I do so miss the bluebonnets back home in North Central Texas.  I particularly loved the fields when the bluebonnets, buttercups and Indian paintbrush were all blooming at the same time in the spring.

• Like 13

My favorite aperol spritz experience was on our first visit to Venice. We were lunching at a cafe on one of the side canals watching the gondolas float by & sipping a spritz. Which i almost dropped as a gondola passed with its gondolier singing the Italian classic --- "The Girl from Ipanema"!! LOL!

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Av8rix said:

Omigosh!  A Metropolitan was my first car.....in 1958 or thereabouts.

And now that I'm permanently retired in the PacNW I do so miss the bluebonnets back home in North Central Texas.  I particularly loved the fields when the bluebonnets, buttercups and Indian paintbrush were all blooming at the same time in the spring.

Surprising how much we dailyites have in common.  Our first car when we returned to the U.S. in 1963 was a 1957 Metropolitan, blue and white.  I am learning things here though.  I had never heard of Aperol until today.  Had to Google it.  

• Like 4