DeSantis could sink our chances of cruising out of Florida

18 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Not completely true. 
I walk into Publix and Lowe’s with my mask on my wrist. 
I walk into Walmart with it on, past the entrance person, get my cart, then let it hang down from one of my ears. 
I don’t shop at Costco, Sam’s or BJ’s  
Maybe it’s a Beachside thing. 

It must be because here they will tell you to put it on. I have seen this happen. There are probably other stores that don’t tell you to wear them, but the stores I listed that I have been in make you wear one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Not completely true. 
I walk into Walmart with it on, past the entrance person, get my cart, then let it hang down from one of my ears. 

Here on my beach you can not enter any establishment without a mask on and wearing it properly.  It has to do with the number of cases — you are further north and maybe your cases have gone down.   We on the other hand get lots of tourists from all over and our rules have not been relaxed yet. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, yogimax said:

If indeed you do "know," you would know it was conducted by the United States Public Health Service.  When finally revealed, President Clinton called it "shameful and racist."   Indeed, there is no question the government was involved.

Seriously don't know why you keep repeating yourself. 🤔

In my first reply I said government was involved. 😉

My point was, they often lie

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Not completely true. 

Publix in Marion County and Brevard County still have mask signs up. Surely you must see them.🤔

Edited by John&LaLa

30 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Publix in Marion County and Brevard County still have mask signs up. Surely you must see them.🤔

Publix stores do have signs, but all the employees can do is to offer a mask to someone who isn't wearing one. They can not tell them they have to wear one or leave.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Not completely true. 

And you also walk right by the sign on the door that says masks required. You must feel special

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Publix stores do have signs, but all the employees can do is to offer a mask to someone who isn't wearing one. They can not tell them they have to wear one or leave.

Absolutely, but if an establishment prefers that I wear one, I will. End of discussion.

And they don't enforce parking signs, either.😉🤣🤣

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Absolutely, but if an establishment prefers that I wear one, I will. End of discussion.

And they don't enforce parking signs, either.😉🤣🤣

Totally agree.....if the store requires one, I abide.

AND, true again, parking signs aren't enforced either.....they wouldn't want to offend anyone!😜

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

That's Publix company policy in most areas.  Their signage at the door provides adequate notice that masks are required and they could legally enforce it if they wanted to, including ejecting customers from the store or having them removed from the store on a trespass warrant for refusing to comply.  But they have determined they don't need the hassle.  In my area of Brevard County, the vast majority of Publix customers comply with the requirement.  It's amazing to me that anyone will just walk by the signage and disregard it.  Their store, their rules.  Common courtesy.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, yogimax said:

Minus 1 death?  Are you saying someone was brought back to life from the dead?

That was the report for the day and they didn't explain.  This has happened before with our numbers.

8 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

That's Publix company policy in most areas.  Their signage at the door provides adequate notice that masks are required and they could legally enforce it if they wanted to, including ejecting customers from the store or having them removed from the store on a trespass warrant for refusing to comply.  But they have determined they don't need the hassle.  In my area of Brevard County, the vast majority of Publix customers comply with the requirement.  It's amazing to me that anyone will just walk by the signage and disregard it.  Their store, their rules.  Common courtesy.

I think "hassle" is the wrong word.....I think "bad PR" is more appropriate.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Not completely true. 

Here you can add Winn Dixie, Walgreens, Lowes and Home Depot to the list.  Even the employees are only partially wearing their masks with them under their noses.  

• Like 2