change to deposit requirements?

carefreebee

I thought I read somewhere that Princess is changing the required minimum deposit amount do. I seem to remember it being a sliding scale based on cabin category and possibly length of cruise? I think it was to go into effect on May 1st.

Does anyone have the details? 

Please note that those are the STANDARD deposit amounts and Princess may continue to offer promotional reduced deposits on specific sailings, or in conjunction with other promotional offers.  These new standard deposit terms are only for bookings created on or after May 1st, 2021, or existing bookings modified to a new fare/promotion option on or after that date

Future Cruise Deposits will continue to work as they always have to my knowledge, and in most cases FCC can be used (depending on which "pause" they came from) as deposit as well - provided it covers the minimum needed per person.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Please note that those are the STANDARD deposit amounts and Princess may continue to offer promotional reduced deposits on specific sailings, or in conjunction with other promotional offers.  These new standard deposit terms are only for bookings created on or after May 1st, 2021, or existing bookings modified to a new fare/promotion option on or after that date

Future Cruise Deposits will continue to work as they always have to my knowledge, and in most cases FCC can be used (depending on which "pause" they came from) as deposit as well - provided it covers the minimum needed per person.

You got it.

On 4/26/2021 at 1:28 PM, azbirdmom said:

Yes, these are the new deposits starting May 1.

image.png.9ad79dec10ca766ae7cbff02c4b3dd09.png

I saw this as well this morning. We booked a 10 day for Feb 2023 and were prepared to pay $800($1000CAD) for a deposit. When we booked it they only charged $252 CAD in total. I guess its because we booked before May 1.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

I saw this as well this morning. We booked a 10 day for Feb 2023 and were prepared to pay $800($1000CAD) for a deposit. When we booked it they only charged $252 CAD in total. I guess its because we booked before May 1.

Interesting ... 

So that means if I actually book it, the deposit will be $200 pp. Think I'll give it a whirl.

17 minutes ago, Vic The Parrot said:

Interesting ... 

So that means if I actually book it, the deposit will be $200 pp. Think I'll give it a whirl.

Actually it was $200US in total (about $252CAD). Almost like its half price deposits.

I just booked a couple of suites on one of the newly released itineraries. One for 4 guests, one for 2 guests, both 15 days. Both required a deposit of $2k (CAD). YIKES! I always have FCDs on hand but with so many cancellations, they have either expired or been used on other future sailings....

7 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I guess deposit requirements appear to be all over the place. Ugh. I resent having to pay $2k but guess I have to bite the bullet....

Hi

Yes. It could very well be tied to the cruise length. I too only had to pay a $252 CAD total deposit (refundable before final payment) for a recent 7 day cruise booking.

12 hours ago, dog said:

Same here 12 day cruise March 2022. Over $1000/ cabin CAD

3 hours ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

Yes. It could very well be tied to the cruise length. I too only had to pay a $252 CAD total deposit (refundable before final payment) for a recent 7 day cruise booking.

We booked a 10 day and paid $252CAD but some others paid full deposit. I wonder if Princess has a bunch of new agents because there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this.

45 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Shame Princess Cruise can't write in English!

It is 5 days or fewer

Hmmm... that would infer a 35% exchange rate to CAD given the deposit I paid.  Gonna have to keep an eye on the pricing for this cruise.  Anybody have some insight on when Princess typically sets their exchange rate?