CDC Mask Guidance for Outdoors to be relaxed and announced tomorrow

4 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

That might also have something to do with Maine being 42nd in population among all 50 states.  There's 9 cities in the U.S. that have more people than your state.

Except that the numbers are per million and states such as North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota have similar densities and much worse numbers. 

6 hours ago, Sherri914 said:

Perhaps the same people I see regularly driving their vehicles, alone, windows up, masks on.  I still don't understand that one. 

Unfortunately I have become so used to wear masks at work that sometimes I find myself driving with mask on after leaving work.  I only make 1 or 2 miles before I realize. 

Also, I know someone who does pt uber driving and he leaves his mask on so he wont forget to put it on when someone gets in his car.

• Like 1

We should we listen to these experts who told us not to wear a mask at the beginning (they admitted this was a lie) of this pandemic just to have enough PPEs for front line responders? Whoever believe these “scientists” should have their head examined.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MommaBear55 said:

If I'm going from point to point and it takes less effort to leave it on, then I leave it on. The argument could be made that if I'm going that short a distance, I should walk, but I live in the frozen north with big snowbanks. 

I guess I'm one of those people who takes the mask off as I'm walking out the door of a business, restaurant, whatever and I've done that since last March. 

Not criticizing you - everyone handles this differently.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mek said:

Well for the life of me I don't understand why anyone wears a mask when driving alone, so could you please explain to me?  And I'm not being snarky - genuinely curious.

My wife wears a mask in the car because air seeps in .Whenever I have been out in the car I have been looking at other motorists solely out of curiosity and the majority are also wearing masks.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, RFerrington said:

It made me chuckle, too.  I imagined a scene where some CDC bureaucrat leans over and whispers into an ear, "hey, doc - nobody is wearing masks outside anymore".  They then make a bold announcement that masks are no longer required outside.  What a joke.

Oh no...far more orchestrated than that.  Let's see...our benevolent Dear Leader is going to show us his grace as promised after 100 days, because we've been good, obedient boys and girls.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

Masks have been required outside in Maine since early in the pandemic. It may have contributed to the fact we are 48th in cases and deaths per million. 

TIL Maine has a million people.🤔😉

7 hours ago, Sherri914 said:

Perhaps the same people I see regularly driving their vehicles, alone, windows up, masks on.  I still don't understand that one. 

Other people breath in their cars, the air flows through the air out to the exhaust, it exits behind the vehicle , and you drive through it. The masks help keep you safe from this highly transferrable transmission. LOL. HA HA BWA HAH!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife wears a mask in the car because air seeps in .Whenever I have been out in the car I have been looking at other motorists solely out of curiosity and the majority are also wearing masks.

Do you wear a mask in your shower? Air creeps in there as well?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mek said:

Well for the life of me I don't understand why anyone wears a mask when driving alone, so could you please explain to me?  And I'm not being snarky - genuinely curious.

I’ve asked friends who do it. They’ve said that they don’t want to touch the mask after they’ve left the house so that the mask doesn’t get contaminated with their dirty hands once they start touching surfaces if they haven’t had a chance to wash their hands. Maybe overkill but I don’t want to be judgmental. 

One of the pieces of advice that I took to heart from the beginning of the pandemic was to keep my hands away from my eyes and nose at all times, so I can somewhat see why someone may not want to bring their hands to their faces to take the mask on and off. Don’t know if that’s what did the trick, but I never got sick even though I had to go to work and be around literally thousands of people every day. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

If the CDC wants to be ahead of what is really happening they could say you don't need to wear them inside in places like the grocery store.  Oh wait here they would still be behind.  

Give me another 8 days and i'm not wearing the mask unless asked. I had covid and will be two weeks past my second shot. When does it end?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, wayne_trisha said:

Do you wear a mask in your shower? Air creeps in there as well?

I wear a mask in the car because my wife who is an RN tells me too.I am disabled with illnesses for which there is no cure.I know that I will not be alive as long as people my age who are healthy and if wearing a mask can keep me from getting Covid ,I will.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wear a mask in the car because my wife who is an RN tells me too.I am disabled with illnesses for which there is no cure.I know that I will not be alive as long as people my age who are healthy and if wearing a mask can keep me from getting Covid ,I will.

In that case I would be have been wearing a mask WELL before covid. Masks aren't weird to us as we lived in Japan. If I had a life threatening incurable disease I damn sure would wear a mask everywhere. Stay safe!

9 minutes ago, wayne_trisha said:

In that case I would be have been wearing a mask WELL before covid. Masks aren't weird to us as we lived in Japan. If I had a life threatening incurable disease I damn sure would wear a mask everywhere. Stay safe!

Thank you

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wayne_trisha said:

Other people breath in their cars, the air flows through the air out to the exhaust, it exits behind the vehicle , and you drive through it. The masks help keep you safe from this highly transferrable transmission. LOL. HA HA BWA HAH!

Well darn - why doesn't that work with pot?  There are times when the order is so strong from the car in front of or beside me but I never have gotten high. 🤣

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

That works for you and  that is great.  My husband is in a very high risk group and I was extra careful with him until we both got our shots.

7 hours ago, Sherri914 said:

Or jogging, or bicycle-riding. They are perfectly entitled to do so, but I would like to hear their reasoning.

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

You get the award for the most ridiculous comment ever on this board.

If you do not know why she is wearing a mask you will not understand if I tell you.

Can you explain why?  Being an RN and probably vaccinated fully does not explain why one would wear a mask in a car alone unless coming from work with a high risk population of covid.

Edited:  I just saw the comment about the air seeping in.  What study is your wife as a nurse using to verify that covid can get into a car?  I have never heard this.  I understand her concern for you and I sincerely hope you are both vaccinated.  I am a nurse and I have family and friends who work with the covid distribution and I have never heard you can get covid from a car. Covid doesn't live in the air outside.  

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

However, you are fully vaccinated so even if you should get covid you will only have mild to no symptoms even with your illnesses.  Tell your wife to set your climate control to recirculate and that should solve the problem of air seeping in.  

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

However, you are fully vaccinated so even if you should get covid you will only have mild to no symptoms even with your illnesses.  Tell your wife to set your climate control to recirculate and that should solve the problem of air seeping in.  

I am fully vaccinated,thank you.

8 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Can you explain why?  Being an RN and probably vaccinated fully does not explain why one would wear a mask in a car alone unless coming from work with a high risk population of covid.

Edited:  I just saw the comment about the air seeping in.  What study is your wife as a nurse using to verify that covid can get into a car?  I have never heard this.  I understand her concern for you and I sincerely hope you are both vaccinated.  I am a nurse and I have family and friends who work with the covid distribution and I have never heard you can get covid from a car.

May I make a suggestion.The next time you are in your car look at the cars parallel to you and see if the drivers are wearing masks. I believe you will see many .

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Don't be too hard on them.

Possibly someone with a mental health condition like Asperger's. They get triggered with fear from the constant news coverage of covid. They can't process when it is ok to take the mask off but can breeze through college calculus.

Explains our government then