2020 RCL Officer Compensation

I'd venture to go out on a limb and state that they likely worked harder during the pandemic year due to the circumstances than most years. I too don't care what they make, and often see the outrage at what people make at those levels as simple envy. If you are a shareholder and take issue at the value that some of those people provide, that's a whole different topic. 

• Like 5

This salary (NCL CEO) was WOW!

The company NCLH, +0.08% disclosed Wednesday in its proxy statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission that Del Rio's total compensation in 2020 was $36.38 million, up from $17.81 million in 2019. The biggest part of the increase was “all other compensation,” which rose to $10.48 million from $270,040.Apr 7, 2021

4 hours ago, tcrandal said:

I'd venture to go out on a limb and state that they likely worked harder during the pandemic year due to the circumstances than most years. I too don't care what they make, and often see the outrage at what people make at those levels as simple envy. If you are a shareholder and take issue at the value that some of those people provide, that's a whole different topic. 

If that’s the case then they shouldn’t be shareholders.

25 minutes ago, soremekun said:

For optics, I would have taken a paycut...... with the agreement that the unpaid amount be paid at a future date....... But no one has to know about that part.

Agree -- $36Mil in compensation while the company is taking in $0 revenue is a tough pill to swallow for investors. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Agree -- $36Mil in compensation while the company is taking in $0 revenue is a tough pill to swallow for investors. 

Most is Stock not base Pay. Mr Fain $645K in pay, last yr was $1.2 Million. 11 Million in Stock. Sure lot of that is Based on how well Stock is doing for the yr. My Dad was an Executive Large Corp and lot of his Benefits were Stock and Stock Options, not as much income

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Most is Stock not base Pay. Mr Fain $645K in pay, last yr was $1.2 Million. 11 Million in Stock. Sure lot of that is Based on how well Stock is doing for the yr. My Dad was an Executive Large Corp and lot of his Benefits were Stock and Stock Options, not as much income

Yes-- I wrote $36Mil in compensation for Del Rio which includes, salary, stock options, bonuses, perks, etc.  It's still a heck of a lot when there is no revenue coming in for more than a year. 

9 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes-- I wrote $36Mil in compensation for Del Rio which includes, salary, stock options, bonuses, perks, etc.  It's still a heck of a lot when there is no revenue coming in for more than a year. 

Due to Good Compensation Package, inc Stocks. Agree with you lot money but only choice in lot of these is Fire them, then they get Buyout and Keep Stocks due to their Contract. All Legal

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Due to Good Compensation Package, inc Stocks. Agree with you lot money but only choice in lot of these is Fire them, then they get Buyout and Keep Stocks due to their Contract. All Legal

Yes you're right -- I imagine some of the compensation was already written in the contract and they would be entitled to it whether they stayed or not.  A lot of companies want to keep their experienced execs during these times rather then having to search for new hires.   

9 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes you're right -- I imagine some of the compensation was already written in the contract and they would be entitled to it whether they stayed or not.  A lot of companies want to keep their experienced execs during these times rather then having to search for new hires.   

And we dont have to like it

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, jalves said:

In these times those corporate officers really had to work hard to keep the company alive.  

Your kidding right? They haven’t sailed in 13 1/2 months and what have they done to change that? Anybody can borrow money to stay afloat. Coward’s way out is to blame the CDC. A competent CEO, or whomever, once they thought they weren’t getting the timely response from the CDC, would have told the whole world what was going on and not let up until there was movement. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Instead, like the saying goes Nero (CEO) fiddled while Rome burned. They are still playing the same tune.

On 4/28/2021 at 11:50 AM, jalves said:

In these times those corporate officers really had to work hard to keep the company alive.  

While they are selling their stock in RCL   

22851-1619877180953102.png