Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

2 minutes ago, terrysko2000 said:

My passport expired since my last cruise - I need to upload my new one but it will not allow me. It acts like its already there and wont let me edit it. Oh and the screen goes white too! lol. Any ideas??

I’d call their Ocean Navigators section to seek a solution.

(844) 525-0942

18 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I just had another thought.  For such a customer-focused company, maybe the designers in the ivory tower (i.e. Santa Clarita HQ) should consider having a panel of experienced Princess cruisers provide feedback on the new apps and process they come up with.  Smart restaurant chains test food - Princess ought to test technology designs with a customer panel.  Any of us could have told them if syncing the apps, then provide input and update capabilities in either location and have an "off-ramp" for the seniors who are not smartphone savvy. 

In 2019 - on the CB's first cruise after the 'wetdock' - I had been chosen to participate in an onboard 'focus group' which ended up entirely about OM and if/how we had it pre-cruise and how we were going to use it onboard, if any - there were about 25 or so groups of 10 ranging from 1st time cruisers. elites, families, etc ( we were in the 'platinum cruisers' at that time )

I'm not saying Princess is ramming these new protocols without consulting actual cruisers, or are they?

12 hours ago, caribill said:

Personally, I find this eliminates the platinum/elite benefit completely as the number of free minutes in the past was always enough to cover our needs. So $35 or whatever will be charged is an increase to what I have paid in the past.

Exactly.  Even if the new internet is unlimited, I'm not happy to have to pay for a benefit that was previously free.  

13 hours ago, caribill said:

Pre-pandemic 7 day-internet price was $70 and 1st day platinum/elite price was $52.50.

Will need to wait to see if post-pandemic price for platinum/elite is really $35 of if they have raised the list price and the discounted price becomes higher that $35.

Also, can just one eligible person in the cabin sign up or do all eligible have to sign up if one does?

Personally, I find this eliminates the platinum/elite benefit completely as the number of free minutes in the past was always enough to cover our needs. So $35 or whatever will be charged is an increase to what I have paid in the past.

Great points & since none of our 2021/2022 cruises now show Internet packages they’re apparently making changes. Hopefully they’ll soon clarify the changes they’re informing TAs about.

On many of our cruises our cellphone company has free Internet in ports (Europe & North America) so our free onboard minutes are sufficient. If our only option is to pay for a discounted unlimited MedallionNet plan that’s not a benefit. Hopefully we’ll soon learn more details about this change being touted to travel adivisors.

Hopefully we’ll still have the option to use free limited minutes or to purchase an unlimited plan at a 50% discount in lieu of those free minutes.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, pompeii said:

Exactly.  Even if the new internet is unlimited, I'm not happy to have to pay for a benefit that was previously free.  

It is not the same thing.  The old internet perk was a limited number of minutes.  It was also terribly slow.  Now those minutes do stretch more with increased speed.  We have the option to forego those limited free minutes in exchange to have unlimited internet at a discount to what non-status passengers pay.  I think it is a fair exchange for those of us who need/want more than the minimum free minutes.  I was always buying extra minutes in the "old days".  If we are going to get it at 50% off going forward, it's a no-brainer to me.

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’d call their Ocean Navigators section to seek a solution.

(844) 525-0942

And they will tell you they are aware of "problems" and might have the app up and running correctly by June 7th!!

13 hours ago, caribill said:

Pre-pandemic 7 day-internet price was $70 and 1st day platinum/elite price was $52.50.

Will need to wait to see if post-pandemic price for platinum/elite is really $35 of if they have raised the list price and the discounted price becomes higher that $35.

Also, can just one eligible person in the cabin sign up or do all eligible have to sign up if one does?

53 minutes ago, pompeii said:

5 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Great points & since none of our 2021/2022 cruises now show Internet packages they’re apparently making changes. Hopefully they’ll soon clarify the changes they’re informing TAs about.

On many of our cruises our cellphone company has free Internet in ports (Europe & North America) so our free onboard minutes are sufficient. If our only option is to pay for a discounted unlimited MedallionNet plan that’s not a benefit. Hopefully we’ll soon learn more details about this change being touted to travel adivisors.

Hopefully we’ll still have the option to use free limited minutes or to purchase an unlimited plan at a 50% discount in lieu of those free minutes.

I believe Astro has it correct in his last sentence.  IDK why anyone thinks the current "minutes" benefit is going away.  Nothing has been stated to my knowledge about that.  Perhaps someday it will, but still listed and my interpretation of all this is that the minutes are there if you are happy with them, or we can swap them for a discount off a U/L plan.  It has been 25% and supposedly going to 50%.  Remains to be seen if it is 50% off the same pricing we used to get 25% off.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It is not the same thing.  The old internet perk was a limited number of minutes.  It was also terribly slow.  Now those minutes do stretch more with increased speed.  We have the option to forego those limited free minutes in exchange to have unlimited internet at a discount to what non-status passengers pay.  I think it is a fair exchange for those of us who need/want more than the minimum free minutes.  I was always buying extra minutes in the "old days".  If we are going to get it at 50% off going forward, it's a no-brainer to me.

Hopefully that is how it’ll work…either our limited free minutes or a 50% discount on an unlimited package. 🤞

With Internet packages unavailable for any of our cruises hopefully that won’t result in higher priced unlimited Internet packages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I never once ran out of minutes even with the old slow internet but I generally just use it to check or answer emails, glance at Facebook, the headlines and the weather forecast, and maybe look up something port-related.  And check in for my return flight.

If I have the option of keeping free minutes OR purchasing an unlimited package at 50% off, then that would be a perfect situation and I hope that's the case.  However I can't help but suspect that now that all ships are medallion, Princess will do away with any type of minutes-based plan.  Plus if they are trying to entice all cruisers to purchase Princess plus fares, one way to do that is to make the internet inclusion in the package more attractive by taking away the free minutes.

Edited by pompeii
  • Like 1

It also appears that they are updating many other things on the Princess site:

Many Celebration packages like honeymoon and vow renewals are missing, as are liquor by the bottle.

Must be doing a re-vamp or transferring them to Medallion.

Also for a short time today, the shore excursions from our California Costal and Mex Riviera in March of 2022 were missing: "there are currently no excursions available for this port; please try back later"

They have returned now.

My old app would not let me even type in my ID so I deleted it and downloaded a new version. Even worse if I touch anything the screen goes blank. I am sure glad my next cruise is not until January 

Still can't log into Princess, I use the booking number to get into the cruises. On the Princess site though when trying to fill out information, lots of information is missing.  I downloaded the Medallion app and have 2 of my cruises listed but one my b2b second leg is missing and when I try to add it , it states they do not have that information even though I know I am booked and the booking number is right.

The app is horrible, cannot get it to load and every time I try to enter info in anywhere it says try later.  So aggravating.  

I tried to put our arrival and departure times in on the app and says try later and when I try on the website it is nonexistent.  Also, where are the spa services? They are suppose to be available but are not.

Hoping they get it all straightened out.

3 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Still can't log into Princess, I use the booking number to get into the cruises. On the Princess site though when trying to fill out information, lots of information is missing.  I downloaded the Medallion app and have 2 of my cruises listed but one my b2b second leg is missing and when I try to add it , it states they do not have that information even though I know I am booked and the booking number is right.

The app is horrible, cannot get it to load and every time I try to enter info in anywhere it says try later.  So aggravating.  

I tried to put our arrival and departure times in on the app and says try later and when I try on the website it is nonexistent.  Also, where are the spa services? They are suppose to be available but are not.

Hoping they get it all straightened out.

For the second leg of your back to back, check the booking for the first leg - sometimes it is just tacked on to that so it would look like it's a 14 day cruise rather than a 7 day cruise (if you were doing two 7 day back to backs). 

• Like 1

My teen (who is far more tech savvy than I) suggested that I not only delete the app and all associated Princess apps (I still have the old ones from when you had to use more than one app) from the phone, but also from the cloud. Obviously, this drew a blank stare from me...but she went into settings and got rid of everything last night. She then told me to wait until after the next cloud back up (another blank stare) as all data would be wiped and to try reinstalling again. I am going to try that later today - will let you know if there is any success. If that doesn't work, I'm going to give up until the bugs are sorted. Thankfully, I have time...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

My teen (who is far more tech savvy than I) suggested that I not only delete the app and all associated Princess apps (I still have the old ones from when you had to use more than one app) from the phone, but also from the cloud. Obviously, this drew a blank stare from me...but she went into settings and got rid of everything last night. She then told me to wait until after the next cloud back up (another blank stare) as all data would be wiped and to try reinstalling again. I am going to try that later today - will let you know if there is any success. If that doesn't work, I'm going to give up until the bugs are sorted. Thankfully, I have time...

I tried this method this morning, unfortunately it didn’t work for me. I hope you have better luck with it.

18 hours ago, memoak said:

My old app would not let me even type in my ID so I deleted it and downloaded a new version. Even worse if I touch anything the screen goes blank. I am sure glad my next cruise is not until January 

Now I have booted my phone and the app is back but will not take my password I use for Princess.com and when I try to change it and get the email the link says Safari can’t connect. I am getting too frustrated 

6 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

For the second leg of your back to back, check the booking for the first leg - sometimes it is just tacked on to that so it would look like it's a 14 day cruise rather than a 7 day cruise (if you were doing two 7 day back to backs). 

Thank you!  It is booked as 2 10 day cruises but you are correct, found it! Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

I tried this method this morning, unfortunately it didn’t work for me. I hope you have better luck with it.

Sadly, it did not work for me either....back to the drawing board

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Just did the update. Looked at it a bit. Hit the button to select medallion accessories just to see what was offered. Got the white screen...

You are an official member of the "this app blows" club. Congrats! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Now this is interesting.  For our August 8th cruise I was able to print our boarding passes and luggage tags a couple of days ago right after we had paid in full.  Now the page has changed and this is what is shown.

image.thumb.png.766a4c60772fc6ef9d38652d6dad7190.png

I knew that boarding passes would be part of the app but I didn't think they would eliminate the paper option.  It's fine for us but just one more thing that folks without smart devices will have to workaround.