Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Just did the update. Looked at it a bit. Hit the button to select medallion accessories just to see what was offered. Got the white screen...

I did likewise (updated the app) and saw the Cruise Contract and Covid-19 Risk agreement so I went to read and accept it. Too bad all the text is overlaid with other text, making it virtually impossible to read and even more difficult to acknowledge. Scrolling through the documents is a joke. 

Edited by joepeka

31 minutes ago, joepeka said:

I did likewise (updated the app) and saw the Cruise Contract and Covid-19 Risk agreement so I went to read and accept it. Too bad all the text is overlaid with other text, making it virtually impossible to read and even more difficult to acknowledge. Scrolling through the documents is a joke. 

So sad.

• Like 1

I just got off a chat with Princess (of course, tech department is closed on the weekend).  Was informed that what ever is on the personalizer is also on the Medallion Class App.  This means that my information can be seen (on the phone) by my cabin mate (who is not related).  Should I be concerned considering she could just look at the Personalizer and get the same information?  

I asked why there was NOT a way to block this information on the App...Classic answer:  maybe on the next update.  

I agree with someone who posted earlier.  It "used to be" fun planning for a cruise.  Now it is so much work.  I'm on a four day, get acclimated to cruising, voyage again.  I know, it will be over before I can unpack.

• Like 1

Help!!!!!!!!!  Don't know how it happened but I was able to access my booking on the app.  I went into my booking but did not see where the Princess Acknowledgement and Acceptance of Risks for Covid-19 form is.  Can someone provide some guidance?  I sail in about 76 days.

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

Just did the update. Looked at it a bit. Hit the button to select medallion accessories just to see what was offered. Got the white screen...

Same here. 😔

No matter what I do, it will not show our October cruise. Instead, it shows a cancelled (by Princess) cruise that is long gone from the Personalizer but completely overlaps the dates of our active October cruise. I suspect the date overlap is a factor. 

Rapidly starting to think Princess and their Medallion fascination is no longer worth the effort. It's clearly not ready for release and now that they're making this non-functional app the only way to do things, giving up and cancelling may be easiest option.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Today the Apple Store has another MC app update for “various bug fixes for the app” to version 3.1.1 for my iPhone & iPad…now I’ll see what’s been fixed. 🤞

Naturally.  The last Android update was back on April 23.  Not happy about that situation.

38 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

No matter what I do, it will not show our October cruise. Instead, it shows a cancelled (by Princess) cruise that is long gone from the Personalizer but completely overlaps the dates of our active October cruise. I suspect the date overlap is a factor. 

Rapidly starting to think Princess and their Medallion fascination is no longer worth the effort. It's clearly not ready for release and now that they're making this non-functional app the only way to do things, giving up and cancelling may be easiest option.

It boggles my mind how the senior management is allowing this garbage to go out and screw up customers lives just when they want most to restore confidence in cruising and have customers feel good about going back to sea.  The entire IT department needs to be deep-sixed and hire new.  I would fire the CIO in a heartbeat.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, joepeka said:

Where did you see that?  I don't see it at all.  There's a step 5 Health Status that is greyed out but I don't see anything about the contract or risk agreement.

28 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The entire IT department needs to be deep-sixed and hire new.  I would fire the CIO in a heartbeat.

They will probably give him a huge bonus instead...

59 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Naturally.  The last Android update was back on April 23.  Not happy about that situation.

Time to go out and buy an iPhone. Hee Hee.  I have stock in Apple.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Contacted Princess again today regarding MedallionClass App. Was told that if I couldn't bring the app up on my iPhone that the problem was with Google or my iPhone. For the second time I informed this "supervisor" that I have no trouble pulling the app up on my phone but when I attempt to log in with either E-mail address and/or booking number, the screen goes blank. Was told they were totally unaware of this problem!!!!

Told the supervisor that perhaps he should pull up Princess on Cruise Critic and be enlightened as to what is going on and the dismay Princess IT is causing the passengers that they need to come back. Fell on deaf ears, I'm sure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Time to go out and buy an iPhone. Hee Hee.  I have stock in Apple.

We have 3 iphones in our house (you're welcome...) but the app doesn't work on any of them. Or on either of our 2 ipads. Maybe I should break out my old flip phone - probably have more success with that one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I knew that boarding passes would be part of the app but I didn't think they would eliminate the paper option.  It's fine for us but just one more thing that folks without smart devices will have to workaround.

Well, they suggested you ask your grandchild to download the app to their smart phone and make the entries for you.

Now you will need to bring the grandchild to the embarkation port to help you enter the building and check in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well My iPad updated the app overnight, thought great Everything sorted now! No such luck, opened up app asked me to log in to access either using email or booking number. Tried both but just whirled around and around, still can’t get anywhere. I”ll give it another go later I think as perhaps as it’s 08.03 in U.K. perhaps still asleep!

1 hour ago, PAMJP said:

Well My iPad updated the app overnight, thought great Everything sorted now! No such luck, opened up app asked me to log in to access either using email or booking number. Tried both but just whirled around and around, still can’t get anywhere. I”ll give it another go later I think as perhaps as it’s 08.03 in U.K. perhaps still asleep!

Mine did the same thing on my android, so I closed it and reopened it and it had be logged in. But it still didn't work. Tried twice and the same thing happens. First time upcoming cruise wasn't there, second time avatar wasn't there. Nothing works still. It is very true, booking a cruise is no longer fun 🤢

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caribill said:

Well, they suggested you ask your grandchild to download the app to their smart phone and make the entries for you.

Now you will need to bring the grandchild to the embarkation port to help you enter the building and check in.

We have no grandchildren......Anyone have any they want to lend us????  🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, caribill said:

Perhaps a joke, but overly dramatic on bringing the grandchild and their phone to the pier.  The BP info can be printed off, but you really do not need a BP anymore as they have it all in their system. 

This is now getting to be almost laughable.  I previously had the problem of downloaded the app, being able to log in and see my information but not being able to link to any of our 7 bookings.  Then going through the process of deleting the app from the devices and the cloud, uploading the version 3.1 and still had the same issues.

Today, I deleting version 3.1 and downloaded the latest 3.1.1 and started the process of logging in and guess what?  I locks up and I couldn't get in regardless of whether I tried to do the regular log in or through a booking number, etc.

I'll keep laughing up until it's time to order the medallion for our upcoming October of November bookings.

I have an Android (Samsung) phone. Every time I try to download the Medallion App for our Sept 2022 cruise it say "Something went wrong. Try again." Does anyone know if it is my phone or the app that has the problem?

Has anyone been able to book a boarding time yet ? - that is our main concern at this time in that we won't be able to get our preferred boarding time anymore just by showing up at the pier around 10:00 am or so ... don't really mind waiting around if we know we are in the building and be among the first groups to board based on circle status and time arrived