Need help please: deciding Oasis vs Odyssey

Hi everyone,

We are trying to decide on which cruise to take next March. 2 adults and 4 teenagers (2 oceanview balconies).

We have cruised Oasis class ships 4 times and the kids loved it. They especially like the boardwalk atmosphere and just strolling the ship through central park.

I am worried that Odyssey will be smaller to what we are use to.

We won't see CATS again or the watershow or probably the ice show so that isn't a factor. We will like Music hall and I think that is on both ships.

Odyssey is 8 days and new ports (Aruba and Curaco) while Oasis is 7 days with familiar ports.

If we get OV balconies on Oasis total trip is $600 less (but one less day) and if we get central park balcony total cruise is $2300 less ! but I would miss morning coffee on the balcony seeing the ocean.

Any help from those who have been on both would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

We had 3 teenagers on Ovation, and they had a great time! I don't think there was ever a time they didn't have plenty to do. I think your family would enjoy the new ship and the new ports, I would go for Odyssey.

If you 've conquered the Oasis class, definitely go Odyssey.

She's the first Ultra Quantum class and I don't think anyone will be bored for a second. There's Two70, the Skydiving simulator Ripcord, Bumper cars, largest indoor activity space, virtual reality at Skypad, The new show "Clash for the Crystal City", The North Star (extends you above the ocean). Just to name a few 🙂 Of course you have the good ol' reliable of the Flow Rider, pool deck, solarium (looks incredible). Also the new ports will be a new thrill as well. 

Can you  tell we just booked this ship? EXCITED!!! We have been Oasis, Allure, Harmony & Symphony numerous times and stoked to be trying something new next year. 

Happy planning!

• Like 2

I wouldn't worry much about the size issue--the difference isn't much. Plus, Odyssey is a brand new ship that hasn't even started sailing yet, so even by next March you'll still get that new ship smell. 😉

As you mentioned, Odyssey won't have the Boardwalk and Central Park, and it also doesn't have the slides if that's a big draw for your kids. But it does have some pretty fantastic features like the iFly skydiving simulator, bumper cars (I honestly don't recall if Oasis class has those or not) and the virtual reality bungee-trampoline sky pad.

In a nutshell, I would choose Odyssey but you really can't go wrong either way!

We booked Odyssey. We have gone on all the Oasis class and enjoyed very one. We wanted to try a new class of ship for us. The I-fly , the OnStar (that's what my wife and I call it), the 270 were also enticing. I also like the Playmakers that looks like it has a good ocean view as well.

1 hour ago, rance said:

Any help from those who have been on both would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

Umm, no one has been on both yet😉

Edited by John&LaLa

31 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Umm, no one has been on both yet😉

Well, unless you count crew that are sailing over the last couple weeks staying in the cabins. :)

• Haha 1

Odyssey all the way.  Brand new ship with better ports of call are going to win the day.  There's going to lots to do for the kids.  Don't worry about the lack of boardwalk.  The slides are really all that exciting anyway.

We have been on all oasis class multiple times, being we live in south Florida. We decided to take a trip to NY 2 years ago and go on the anthem. It was a great ship and my teens at the time had a great time. It is definitely a great ship for colder weather cruises because there is not a lot of outside space. To me it is not a Caribbean type of ship.  There was many things to keeps them kids entertained without a doubt. I personally wouldn’t go back on it again though. 

Another vote for Odyssey...new ship...2 new ports.  Note: You are not being good parents...the kids will be addicted to cruising...wink, wink. 😉😇😉

13 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

One extra day for only $600 more, and new places.  This would seal it for me

12 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Odyssey all the way.  Brand new ship with better ports of call are going to win the day.  There's going to lots to do for the kids.  Don't worry about the lack of boardwalk.  The slides are really all that exciting anyway.

I completely agree. I love 8 night cruises. Aruba and Curacao are awesome ports.