Azamara Voyages

Grandma Cruising

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Anyone else notice the new Azamara heading on Cruise Critic? Changed from ‘Azamara’ to ‘Azamara Voyages’. Interesting.

I hadn't noticed, until your thread here. Do you think that signifies anything, or is it simply the new trading name to be used by the new owner?

They have overlooked the Roll Call section, which remains simply as 'Azamara'!

Edited by hamrag

Nor has Azamara updated their own website.  I guess we will watch this roll out like an ocean tide – which remains the only kind of tide I've been able to watch for over a year now.  [sigh]

• Like 1

This might be a good time for Azamara to drop the word "club" from the stateroom descriptions. It was added, as I remember, when the name was changed to Azamara Club Cruises.

There never was a club, nor is there now. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tgg said:

This might be a good time for Azamara to drop the word "club" from the stateroom descriptions. It was added, as I remember, when the name was changed to Azamara Club Cruises.

There never was a club, nor is there now. 

This is a good idea.  All the suite names are confusing [at least to me, especially with the names and two letter codes]  Good time to rethink the whole shebang.  And maybe they're already working on it!

18 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Anyone else notice the new Azamara heading on Cruise Critic? Changed from ‘Azamara’ to ‘Azamara Voyages’. Interesting.

Pre-Covid, Azamara was trying to expand into land programs.  Perhaps adding "voyages" was to distinguish the discussion here from "land programs."

Here's a web page that can be found with a google but that doesn't appear to have an active link from the current Azamara.com web site:

https://www.azamara.com/land-programs

Edited by marinaro44

• Administrators

Apologize for the error!!  MEA CULPA!  Will fix elsewhere on the site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Reisefreude said:

Hi -  would like to start roll calls for AZ Quest 3/17/22 Miami-Lisbon crossing and

8/7/22 Dublin to Reykjavik.    Don't know how to get it going.

Can someone help - please.

Reisefreude - Las Vegas, NV

Go to Azamara Roll Call, find the ship and search for the cruise.  If not there, start one.

9 hours ago, Reisefreude said:

Hi -  would like to start roll calls for AZ Quest 3/17/22 Miami-Lisbon crossing and

8/7/22 Dublin to Reykjavik.    Don't know how to get it going.

Can someone help - please.

Reisefreude - Las Vegas, NV

Here’s the link to the Quest Roll Call page. Once there click on Start New Topic. In the title page put the name of the ship, cruise date (better to put it in words because of the different way countries write dates - e.g 17th March 2022). It’s better to start 2 separate roll calls for the two cruises.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/forum/338-azamara-quest-roll-calls/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Why does the name matter.  To quote Wm Shakespeare - "A rose by any other name is still a rose."

DON

Searches are dependent on having the name easy to find.  Not everone knows what to use and having a common format helps.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 3

On 5/17/2021 at 4:32 AM, LauraS said:

Apologize for the error!!  MEA CULPA!  Will fix elsewhere on the site.

Hello, LauraS.  Do you know when we might see the Azamara Onward available to start her Roll Calls?

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I’ve emailed Cruise Critic to ask them to set these up.

I’m surprised they are taking so long.  Hope yours wasn’t the first email to them 😜

12 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I’ve emailed Cruise Critic to ask them to set these up.

I just started three Azamara Onward Roll Call threads under Roll Call - other ocean cruise lines:  18 JUN 22;  29 JUN 22;  AND 10 JULY 22 (Black Sea)

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, EddiesToys said:

I just started three Azamara Onward Roll Call threads under Roll Call - other ocean cruise lines:  18 JUN 22;  29 JUN 22;  AND 10 JULY 22 (Black Sea)

Hopefully they'll be moved to the Azamara rollcalls as I doubt anyone will look under other ocean cruises for Azamara

7 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Hopefully they'll be moved to the Azamara rollcalls as I doubt anyone will look under other ocean cruises for Azamara

I agree.  I didn't know of the 'other ocean cruise lines' until this morning.  I "reported" the threads and asked for them to transfer to the AZ Roll Call, and/or merge them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EddiesToys said:

I agree.  I didn't know of the 'other ocean cruise lines' until this morning.  I "reported" the threads and asked for them to transfer to the AZ Roll Call, and/or merge them.

I also wasn't aware of 'the other cruise lines'.  Just booked July 20/22 (Athen/Pireaus) & July 30/22 Black Sea but will wait until the proper Roll Call before posting more info.

22 hours ago, AZ-Bs said:

I also wasn't aware of 'the other cruise lines'.  Just booked July 20/22 (Athen/Pireaus) & July 30/22 Black Sea but will wait until the proper Roll Call before posting more info.

Azamara Onward Roll Calls are up and running.  Thanks to CC Help Jenn - Jennifer! 

(and Grandma Cruising)!

• Like 1