The Daily for Saturday May 15, 2021

richwmn

2 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Terri thanks. I started having some thigh discomfort so I’m at the ER. A real high powered one, not that suburban country club one I went to earlier. It’s a busy Saturday night and my bed is in the hallway, but that’s ok. Waiting to be seen. 

I am so glad you are in the ER.  Please insist they do an ultrasound of both legs.  I went to bed and got up again because I have been so worried about you.  Please let us know what happened.  Don’t resist if they want to admit you.  I will pray for you.  God speed.

Email me if you want.  Click on the link.

Terri

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I am so glad you are in the ER.  Please insist they do an ultrasound of both legs.  I went to bed and got up again because I have been so worried about you.  Please let us know what happened.  Don’t resist if they want to admit you.  I will pray for you.  God speed.

Email me if you want.  Click on the link.

Terri

🌺Terri!!!

You are her guardian angle!!! She is now in the best place!! IF DVT they need to do both legs with an ultrasound like you said!! Sometimes we need to be our own advocate with our health! Because of you jazzy V is where she needs to be! Please keep us posted! I am in San Diego so at 9 pm it is fine! I pray 🙏 Jazzy V is fine! 
Sincerely Thank you so much for caring !

Denise😊

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@JazzyV  It is a relief to know you are in a “high powered” ER.  Thanks for keeping us posted, and please insist on the tests @Cruzin Terrihas suggested and don’t take no for an answer or let them send you home before you know what’s happening.  Be a a squeaky wheel if needed to get the attention you need.  A thought, make sure they know you live alone.

We’re all pulling for you to get some answers and to get better soon.

Lenda

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Terri!!!

You are her guardian angle!!! She is now in the best place!! IF DVT they need to do both legs with an ultrasound like you said!! Sometimes we need to be our own advocate with our health! Because of you jazzy V is where she needs to be! Please keep us posted! I am in San Diego so at 9 pm it is fine! I pray 🙏 Jazzy V is fine! 

Denise😊

If I lived near her, i would have driven her there myself and stayed with her. I had a DVT 5 years ago.  They did a D-Dimer and it was misread and told it was negative.  A few days later I had 4 blood clots in my lungs.  i was lucky I survived.  I would not wish that on my worst enemy.  That is why I could not rest tonight until I knew she went back to the ER.  I am so glad she did and I hope and pray the outcome is good.  I hope she is in good hands.

Thanks to everyone who urged her to go back along with me.

God bless, 

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Terri!!!

Denise😊

I totally agree with Denise.  Without your insistence and first hand knowledge, she might have waited.  Thank you for being there for @JazzyV

Lenda

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Cruzin Terri said:

If I lived near her, i would have driven her there myself and stayed with her. I had a DVT 5 years ago.  They did a D-Dimer and it was misread and told it was negative.  A few days later I had 4 blood clots in my lungs.  i was lucky I survived.  I would not wish that on my worst enemy.  That is why I could not rest tonight until I knew she went back to the ER.  I am so glad she did and I hope and pray the outcome is good.  I hope she is in good hands.

God bless, 

Terri

🌺Teri! Some times in this lifetime we give very much needed help to someone especially when we have had a similar experience AND on top of that a feeling!! Gut feelings are important enough to send a siren out telling them to go!! You did the right thing and GODBLESS you for your caring, kindness, and experience with this matter!!

You are an ADVOCATE IN JAZZY V’S corner! Remember that always!

Denise😊

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Teri! Some times in this lifetime we give very much needed help to someone especially when we have had a similar experience AND on top of that a feeling!! Gut feelings are important enough to send a siren out telling them to go!! You did the right thing and GODBLESS you for your caring, kindness, and experience with this matter!!

You are an ADVOCATE IN JAZZY V’S corner! Remember that always!

Denise😊

Thanks Denise.  You just do what you have to do. i appreciate the kind words.  

Terri

• Like 6

The ultrasound people aren’t here at this hour. This isn’t one of the things they’ll come in for. So I’ll have to come back to outpatient tomorrow. They’ll  give me a blood thinner shot for tonight. I thought that’s it, but they want some more blood work and to give me IV fluids. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

The ultrasound people aren’t here at this hour. This isn’t one of the things they’ll come in for. So I’ll have to come back to outpatient tomorrow. They’ll  give me a blood thinner shot for tonight. I thought that’s it, but they want some more blood work and to give me IV fluids. 

Thanks for letting us know.  I assume they gave you a Lovenox injection in your tummy. Please be sure to go back tomorrow morning.  I am praying for you.  🙏 God Bless.

Terri

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Sending prayers for  a good outcome 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

🌺You please take care and go back tomorrow morning!!! Teri is right and thank GOD we have such a good family here on CC! Please sleep well and you are in my prayers 🙏!

Denise😊

• Like 6

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Terri thanks. I started having some thigh discomfort so I’m at the ER. A real high powered one, not that suburban country club one I went to earlier. It’s a busy Saturday night and my bed is in the hallway, but that’s ok. Waiting to be seen. 

Glad you are back at a high powered ER.  I hope they can get this resolved 🙏🏻 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Hope the blood thinner helps and the blood work tells them something.

Please go back today ASAP for the ultrasound.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Sending prayers. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

God bless, 

Terri

Thank you for your diligence in this.  I understand your feelings of wishing you could drive her to the ER.  I felt the same way, but if I had taken off to go get her, I think I'd just be arriving now.   

This is truly a caring community.   I'm so glad to be a part of it.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

That scares me, but get back tomorrow morning ASAP.   Praying that you are ok.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dfish said:

Thank you for your diligence in this.  I understand your feelings of wishing you could drive her to the ER.  I felt the same way, but if I had taken off to go get her, I think I'd just be arriving now.   

This is truly a caring community.   I'm so glad to be a part of it.

Well, I could not have done it all all, living in South Carolina.  I wouldn’t get there until tomorrow.  That wouldn’t help at all. I just had to keep up urging her to get help until she did it. Thanks for caring and helping to get her to go to the hospital.

Terri

• Like 5

10 hours ago, JazzyV said:

A real high powered one, not that suburban country club one I went to earlier.

Good! I had been about to suggest that you go to a major/university hospital if your last encounter took place at a community hospital.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, kazu said:

Roy is HOME 🙂 

I am copying and pasting his email verbatim.  He originally gave me permission to do so long ago so I hope I haven’t somehow done something wrong in all of this 😉 😱 

From Roy:

“ The hospital called me an Uber and I got home about 3:15.  The discharge instructions are relatively basic.

No driving for 48 hours
Can't lift over 10 pounds for 48 hours.
No INTENSE exercise.  

I have a followup with the surgeon on June 7.  On my last pre-op visit they said I would get home health visits for a few weeks but that is not in the plan.  The hospital may set that up early next week.

In addition to the echocardiogram I was visited by a "mobility tech" this morning and we walked around the floor, perhaps 5 minutes.  He was pleased with my walking and suggested a few minutes at meals would be a good idea.  I took a second walk after lunch and am thinking a spin around my neighborhood after dinner.

It's probably too early to assess just how much improvement there was but I did think my walk today was at least somewhat better than what it has been.

I want to thank all of you for your concern and a few other people who have had key roles in the process.”

Roy, I am very glad they let you recover at home.  TAKE IT EASY.  DON'T RUSH IT!  It is so good to see that you have the desire and the strength to post to us here.

Charles

• Like 3

On 5/15/2021 at 8:41 AM, St. Louis Sal said:

Good morning all! 

Never made it back yesterday to officially check in, just occasional pop ins to check on how@rafinmdwas doing. Such good news, Roy. Sounds like you will be home today 🙂

I love my chocolate chips in cookies (have been known to steal a spoon of raw cookie dough). We get White Castle sliders sometimes, (not available everywhere, I know, and an acquired taste for some). And a shout out to our Armed Forces this morning.

Today’s drink sounds decadent (and so low calorie!) I love Rumchata. The wine sounds good, the pairings, not so much! Salami sandwich?!  Baby squid?! Meatballs with peas?! I will take the Cobb salad any day.

I have never been to Indonesia. I have always appreciated the ways in which the Indonesian crew members share their culture on HAL ships.

Prayers for all on the care list for healing 🙏. And so many wonderful things to celebrate everyday. Belated Happy Anniversary wishes @VintageGeo@summer slope (50 & 55 years are such a wonderful accomplishment). I will definitely raise a glass 🍷 to happiness and cheer for all.

St Louis Sal

P.S. Thanks for all the Cabo pictures yesterday!

OMG! Thanks @St. Louis Sal for the comment about White Castle hamburgers. We feel in love with them growing up in NYC and every summer I go directly from the airport on Long Island to the nearby White Castle for my “fix”. 
Prayers continuing for @rafinmdon a speedy and full recovery. 

• Like 2