MedallionClass Mondays

Ombud

5 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

I can picture it now, you need to change a dinner reservation but all the screens are in use by kids playing games and the app doesn't work on your phone.

This is my first Princess cruise and I'm starting to think I have got this wrong, I'm not into playing games etc.

Luckily, there aren't a lot of kids on long cruises. Book a long cruise and you won't have to worry about it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

I can picture it now, you need to change a dinner reservation but all the screens are in use by kids playing games and the app doesn't work on your phone.

This is my first Princess cruise and I'm starting to think I have got this wrong, I'm not into playing games etc.

The screens with the games are only on the ones next to the elevators - there are other screens around without games...it won't be an issue. You can also do it on your tv in the room!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, caribill said:

It said some of the games are designed to be played while waiting for an elevator. So either some of the games are really very quick to complete, or they are warning us that elevators will be very slow.

That is what I was thinking when I heard that.

19 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I can see that this is    r e a l l y   going to   s l o w   down the elevators.  You are going to hear people yelling..."wait, I'm not done with the portal".  

In my opinion, it's going to be one of those one-wonders.  tried it, done it, i'm done.  

The stuff was already happening on the portals pre-Covid and I rarely saw anyone messing with them.  It won’t slow the elevators down. The portals are to the sides of the elevators so really nothing to slow down the elevator.  I had a cute turtle that would follow me around (I created him while I was still at home).  Cute but nothing to get overly excited about. Now if it was Crush the turtle… well 😊😊😊

• Like 2

In today's Medallion Class Mondays the interviewer said she wasn't going to pull any punches asking questions. Then she proceeded to lob softball questions that don't freaking matter. She didn't ask anything at all about the fact that the MC app doesn't function for a large number of people. She was asking the guy I think of as "laughing boy" (nod to Bugs Bunny...) because he always has a phony smile pasted on his face. He's "excited" (a total giveaway that he's nothing but a marketing puke) about the MC stuff. When you hear a PR person say they are "excited" it usually means they have zero knowledge regarding the functionality of something. I used to hear that stuff from the marketing staff in Sacramento when I worked for the state. They were "excited" about the software they were pushing but, as someone who had to support that software, I knew it didn't work worth a darn and was going to be a nightmare for those who were supposed to use it and those who were supposed to support it.

Medallion Class Mondays seem to be "rah rah" sessions so these people can feel good about themselves and pretend that all is well with the world.

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, Thrak said:

In today's Medallion Class Mondays the interviewer said she wasn't going to pull any punches asking questions. Then she proceeded to lob softball questions that don't freaking matter. She didn't ask anything at all about the fact that the MC app doesn't function for a large number of people. She was asking the guy I think of as "laughing boy" (nod to Bugs Bunny...) because he always has a phony smile pasted on his face. He's "excited" (a total giveaway that he's nothing but a marketing puke) about the MC stuff. When you hear a PR person say they are "excited" it usually means they have zero knowledge regarding the functionality of something. I used to hear that stuff from the marketing staff in Sacramento when I worked for the state. They were "excited" about the software they were pushing but, as someone who had to support that software, I knew it didn't work worth a darn and was going to be a nightmare for those who were supposed to use it and those who were supposed to support it.

Medallion Class Mondays seem to be "rah rah" sessions so these people can feel good about themselves and pretend that all is well with the world.

Here's the link:

It will be really interesting when we hear reports back from the first few cruises.

If everyone is ordering from their phones or screens...the staff is going to be hopping...or you might expect to wait a lonnnnnnggggg time to get a drink....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

If everyone is ordering from their phones or screens...the staff is going to be hopping...or you might expect to wait a lonnnnnnggggg time to get a drink....

To keep crew hopping even more they’re adding a new function for crew to go to passengers located around the ship who need MC assistance…how many more crewmembers will they add for their new CrewCall function. 🙄

“Princess Cruises Unveils New On-Demand Feature that Lets Guests Call a Crew Member to Their Location for Assistance on MedallionClass® Vacations”.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/princess-cruises-unveils-new-demand-feature-lets-guests-call

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Thrak said:

Why have they totally ignored the biggest, most important question of all??  What is everyone going to do without the newest smart phone or unable to work with the app to even sign in or register, the primary information.

I have been watching these "info" videos about the Medallion.

Last one was a fluff show.

BTW, first subject out ~ you do not have to have your phones or tablets with you to navigate Medallion. You can use the big screens OR (I laughed at this one) get an employee to assist you if you want to lets say order something from the store onboard.

Sigh. I am just wondering how many extra crew they have to have in order to fulfill their promises? Or are the crew going to be doing so much extra "stuff" to help the customers? I do hope this works out but I doubt it. 

Our cruise is not until April 2022 so by then I am sure there will be updates and changes to Medallion with "improvements".  Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

As a germ freak my first concern when I saw the touch screens is how many people have touched them and how many germs are on the screens.  I will not be using them.  This is akin to the salad bar where people are repeatedly using the same tongs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greenie082756 said:

I have been watching these "info" videos about the Medallion.

Last one was a fluff show.

BTW, first subject out ~ you do not have to have your phones or tablets with you to navigate Medallion. You can use the big screens OR (I laughed at this one) get an employee to assist you if you want to lets say order something from the store onboard.

Sigh. I am just wondering how many extra crew they have to have in order to fulfill their promises? Or are the crew going to be doing so much extra "stuff" to help the customers? I do hope this works out but I doubt it. 

Our cruise is not until April 2022 so by then I am sure there will be updates and changes to Medallion with "improvements".  Just my 2 cents.

I'd rather not be spending additional cruise dollars for this extraneous staff.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

As a germ freak my first concern when I saw the touch screens is how many people have touched them and how many germs are on the screens.  I will not be using them.  This is akin to the salad bar where people are repeatedly using the same tongs.

I always use a knuckle for touch screens, elevator buttons, etc. Not perfect but better than a finger tip. I don't really see us using the portals onboard. The games don't interest us and we can get around the ship without the portals. If I need to find my wife I'll use the TV in the cabin or my phone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jemnibabe said:

Why have they totally ignored the biggest, most important question of all??  What is everyone going to do without the newest smart phone or unable to work with the app to even sign in or register, the primary information.

get agent at pier to help complete forms, like Princess is saying to those who have contacted them

or

don’t  book a cruise with this company 

Edited by 007colocruz
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I always use a knuckle for touch screens, elevator buttons, etc. Not perfect but better than a finger tip. I don't really see us using the portals onboard. The games don't interest us and we can get around the ship without the portals. If I need to find my wife I'll use the TV in the cabin or my phone.

darn ! I pictured you as a blue sea horse holding a martini 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1emerald1 said:

The CDC will probably require them to have a crew member standing by each one to wipe it clean after a use.  Or they can have a crew member touch the screen for you at your direction!  Poor crew members!!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Thrak said:

In today's Medallion Class Mondays the interviewer said she wasn't going to pull any punches asking questions. Then she proceeded to lob softball questions that don't freaking matter.

I thought the same thing. Softball questions with PR cheerleader non-answers 😞

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

The CDC will probably require them to have a crew member standing by each one to wipe it clean after a use.  Or they can have a crew member touch the screen for you at your direction!  Poor crew members!!!

As the nerd that I am, I will be wearing gloves!

• Like 2

On 6/14/2021 at 7:21 PM, Thrak said:

7 hours ago, greenie082756 said:

I have been watching these "info" videos about the Medallion. Last one was a fluff show.

If those who have concerns would show up on Facebook for Medallion Class Mondays and give honest, hard hitting feedback, Princess will maybe pay more attention.

If they suddenly went from 30 commenters to 60 and the comments were direct and honest (not just mean, but firm) they MIGHT pay attention.

Corporate types hate it when people point out the Emperor has no clothes.

5 hours ago, 007colocruz said:

get agent at pier to help complete forms, like Princess is saying to those who have contacted them

or

don’t  book a cruise with this company 

You are not paying attention. Please do try to speak in complete sentences, properly spaced.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

If those who have concerns would show up on Facebook for Medallion Class Mondays and give honest, hard hitting feedback, Princess will maybe pay more attention.

If they suddenly went from 30 commenters to 60 and the comments were direct and honest (not just mean, but firm) they MIGHT pay attention.

Corporate types hate it when people point out the Emperor has no clothes.

You are not paying attention. Please do try to speak in complete sentences, properly spaced.

Please, by pass my posts. There is an ignore feature on this site. I come on here to be helpful, not to correct others. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

I left a comment on the page for the recent Medallion Monday. It was not wishy washy or ambiguous. I'd say it was the most harsh response left on that page. I was honest about my thoughts regarding the presentation. I don't have any confidence that it will have any effect or even any confidence that the Princess folks will even read the feedback.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 007colocruz said:

Please, by pass my posts. There is an ignore feature on this site. I come on here to be helpful, not to correct others. 

If you think "or don’t  book a cruise with this company " is being helpful in this topic, then as I said, you are really not paying attention.

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

I don't have any confidence that it will have any effect or even any confidence that the Princess folks will even read the feedback.

Princess Cruises does have someone reading the comments and replying to them. I am sure it is a very low position in their marketing/social media department, but if there are a lot of comments on the frustration with the Medallion app and unhappiness amongst Princess customers the low level staffer might take it to their boss and say, "how do I respond to these?"

Princess like many companies wants their social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to be happy, fluffy cheap advertising and they will notice people crashing the happy vibe.

• Haha 1