MedallionClass Mondays

Ombud

On 5/18/2021 at 9:01 AM, Ombud said:

Watch the unfortunate crew race around with a beer trying to find wandering cruisers?? 

I've been wondering if this would turn into an onboard sport - outrun the servers. 

• Haha 3

On 5/17/2021 at 5:12 PM, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Toward the end of the video it showed ordering a latte on the stateroom tv. And then he made a statement about not having to wait in the cabin for delivery-that his order would find him. Sounds like it's included to me. 

I do wonder with everyone ordering all sorts of things the poor crew is going to be running all over the ship. Are they going to have more crew to take care of this?

It could be worse, what happens if you are sitting on the commode when you order it on your mobile device?  Do they knock on the washroom door to deliver?  LOL

Thanks for providing the link for everyone to see this series.  I have been watching every Monday and I think they did a great job of explaining the medallion, what it does and will do to make the whole experience much better.

I was amazed that they actually built a mini mockup of a ship to test out the different venues and portals.

2 hours ago, Grego said:

It could be worse, what happens if you are sitting on the commode when you order it on your mobile device?  Do they knock on the washroom door to deliver?  LOL

Cellphones and bathrooms are a dangerous mix.

• Like 1

This one is just about what you can watch on the app. Look at the 1st one. When I had a March 17, 2020 / March 29, 2020 B2B on the Grand Princess the medallion just showed it as 1 cruise (3/22 - 4/5/20) it regarded it as 1 cruise

10 minutes ago, Ombud said:

This one is just about what you can watch on the app. Look at the 1st one. When I had a March 17, 2020 / March 29, 2020 B2B on the Grand Princess the medallion just showed it as 1 cruise (3/22 - 4/5/20) it regarded it as 1 cruise

thanks hopefully I can find the time one day this week........lol

Kathy

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

Does it tell you how to do a B2B on the app?

Kathy

On the app if you click on your picture in the upper left corner, you'll see "My Journeys"

Our b2b2b is listed as one journey even though it consists of 3 separate bookings.

Our cabin is the same for all 3 sailings.

I'm not sure, but they may list the voyages separately if a cabin change is involved. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, brisalta said:
On 5/17/2021 at 12:55 PM, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Great video on the new order from anywhere feature. I hope you all can access this. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CO-kKGTNcEQ/?igshid=1fh7dzr7ck0dz

Expand  

Thank you for another useless link to a private club.

Huh. I can view that but for those who cannot, google search for MedallionClass Mondays: Ocean Now on YouTube 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

On the app if you click on your picture in the upper left corner, you'll see "My Journeys"

Our b2b2b is listed as one journey even though it consists of 3 separate bookings.

Our cabin is the same for all 3 sailings.

I'm not sure, but they may list the voyages separately if a cabin change is involved. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Same as my Medallion App.  I'm guessing this means I won't need a second medallion on a b2b.

I have been watching the videos and they make it look too easy. For all of us who have not done a medallion cruise this will be a learning lesson. Its nice the show the comforts of this but I am

one of those who says "I will believe it when I see it".  

I downloaded the app onto my phone and it has listed a cruise that was cancelled a long time

ago. If that is any example of how well this programming is going to work, I am not impressed yet.

Just added Ocean View to my Roku TV. Will watch the MedallionClass videos.  We sailed with an early rollout of the Medallion on the Regal. Hope many improvements have been made. Glitches at this level of technology could really spoil passenger's vacations! 

Progress I guess, but I having my nose in a tablet or phone, or a video panel, to participate in a cruise is not where I want to be.  We'll see on our early '22 cruise.

17 hours ago, Ombud said:

Huh. I can view that but for those who cannot, google search for MedallionClass Mondays: Ocean Now on YouTube 

Well you obviously have an account with instagram. Princess should behave like a company that is proud of its product and host its videos on the Princess web site and not some third party data mining site.

• Like 3