MedallionClass Mondays

Ombud

6 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

Just added Ocean View to my Roku TV. Will watch the MedallionClass videos.  We sailed with an early rollout of the Medallion on the Regal. Hope many improvements have been made. Glitches at this level of technology could really spoil passenger's vacations! 

Progress I guess, but I having my nose in a tablet or phone, or a video panel, to participate in a cruise is not where I want to be.  We'll see on our early '22 cruise.

I've tried to get it loaded on Apple TV+ and Amazon Fire Stick.  Unsuccessful with both.  Any hints on how to???  Thanks

5 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Well you obviously have an account with instagram. Princess should behave like a company that is proud of its product and host its videos on the Princess web site and not some third party data mining site.

I don't have an Instagram account and I was able to view it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I've tried to get it loaded on Apple TV+ and Amazon Fire Stick.  Unsuccessful with both.  Any hints on how to???  Thanks

Sorry, I am not a technology guy. All I did was search the channels menu. It took much longer to load that an app usually does. Why, I don't know. If you can get it to work, it asks for a log-in, but you can click, "later." I read brisalta has a concern about information. Submitting personal info was not required.

This is my point though: There are going to be seniors, like me, that if the technology doesn't work, we're going to need assistance and the tech support guys on the ship were already swamped before. 

1 hour ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:
1 hour ago, brisalta said:

Well you obviously have an account with instagram. Princess should behave like a company that is proud of its product and host its videos on the Princess web site and not some third party data mining site.

Expand  

I don't have an Instagram account and I was able to view it

I don't have a Twitter, Instagram, or FB account either. An option to log in comes up on the phone but I just minimize that window. FWIW Google thinks I live in their campus, but alas, I don't even live in the same county

Just now, Ombud said:

I don't have a Twitter, Instagram, or FB account either. An option to log in comes up on the phone but I just minimize that window. FWIW Google thinks I live in their campus, but alas, I don't even live in the same county

At some point you gave permission for instagram to use Google credentials. I do not have time to explain now as I have to go somewhere. Just let me say I used to work in the field...

5 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

They released their “PlayOcean” MedallionClass Mondays video.

Thanks. When I looked Monday and again this morning on Youtube I could not locate this week's edition.

But just now I looked and found it, but it says it was posted about 6 hours ago, not on Monday.

It looks like there may be a big difference using the Medallion technology while on the ship compared to the experience of the app pre-cruise.

As advertised in the video, it was definitely "hassle free" to touch the nose of a pink turtle to make it sneeze.

Now think how great it would be if the app before the cruise was also "hassle-free."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, caribill said:

Thanks. When I looked Monday on Youtube I could not locate this week's edition.

It looks like there may be a big difference using the Medallion technology while on the ship compared to the experience of the app pre-cruise.

As advertised in the video, it was definitely "hassle free" to touch the nose of a pink turtle to make it sneeze.

Now think how great it would be if the app before the cruise was also "hassle-free."

I didn’t see it until today & think they should first be completing the critical needs for the app they’re forcing everyone to use to prepare for a cruise.

Things you described have no value to me nor does other things such as being able to gamble using their onboard system.

They’ve really dropped the ball by not perfecting critical functions & should stop working on cool things. 🥴

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 3

Wow. How lame. The absolute least valuable part of the app and they put out an entire video about it. A tagalong is not really an important thing and their games look lame as well. Of course, since this is something that is actually working in their app, they have to push it so people can see that "all is well" with the app.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Wow. How lame. The absolute least valuable part of the app and they put out an entire video about it. A tagalong is not really an important thing and their games look lame as well. Of course, since this is something that is actually working in their app, they have to push it so people can see that "all is well" with the app.

It said some of the games are designed to be played while waiting for an elevator. So either some of the games are really very quick to complete, or they are warning us that elevators will be very slow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, caribill said:

It said some of the games are designed to be played while waiting for an elevator. So either some of the games are really very quick to complete, or they are warning us that elevators will be very slow.

I can see that this is    r e a l l y   going to   s l o w   down the elevators.  You are going to hear people yelling..."wait, I'm not done with the portal".  

In my opinion, it's going to be one of those one-wonders.  tried it, done it, i'm done.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

I think I made a tagalong for my cruise back in 2019. That’s really what they were sharing??? Oh, my. 

13 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I think I made a tagalong for my cruise back in 2019. That’s really what they were sharing??? Oh, my. 

Yep. Apparently it's a pretty big deal that you can tap your turtle on the nose and it will sneeze. Or you can make it spin around. Truly important stuff. 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Including how easy it was to change her original tagalong into a pink turtle.

However changing your dinner reservation time when on board was not part of the demo.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

My kids were obsessed with the screens outside the elevators that had the games and tagalongs. It took us forever to get anywhere as they had to play on them everytime we passed by. The trivia was pretty cool, but by the end of the week we knew all the questions/answers....well, my kids didn't appear to retain any of the answers, but still....

After reading the recent posts above, I am not even going to start the video.  Tagalongs?  Really?  That's for the kids.  The adults in the room want the effen app to work already for bookings, check-in, dining, etc.  We are not interested in childish games.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

After reading the recent posts above, I am not even going to start the video.  Tagalongs?  Really?  That's for the kids.  The adults in the room want the effen app to work already for bookings, check-in, dining, etc.  We are not interested in childish games.

Agreed....though the tagalongs seem to be working perfectly on the app right now. My turtle is not only sneezing, but he is spinning in circles and getting dizzy! Wish the other features were working this well. 

I can picture it now, you need to change a dinner reservation but all the screens are in use by kids playing games and the app doesn't work on your phone.

This is my first Princess cruise and I'm starting to think I have got this wrong, I'm not into playing games etc.

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Including how easy it was to change her original tagalong into a pink turtle.

However changing your dinner reservation time when on board was not part of the demo.

That’s just awful. They should be embarrassed about that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I can see that this is    r e a l l y   going to   s l o w   down the elevators.  You are going to hear people yelling..."wait, I'm not done with the portal".  

In my opinion, it's going to be one of those one-wonders.  tried it, done it, i'm done.  

HAH!! I don't even need to try it. Just watching the video was enough for me...I'm done.