We Are Booked!

Jack E Dawson

When Dee and I got our 2 COVID-19 vaccine shots in Jan/Feb it was a great relief but it also seemed like a turning point. Now we have booked a tran-Atlantic crossing on the QM2 departing SH next year on May 8th. Another step towards normalcy. We feel very confident that this cruise will sail and that life onboard will be very close to the old normal, perhaps even better. Dee is already worrying about what to wear and I've started selecting wines to bring on board. Wonder who our Captain will be? Who will be speaking in the Insights Program? Will we know any of the crew?

Just 356 days to go!

Drink the Wine

Jack

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Jack E Dawson said:

When Dee and I got our 2 COVID-19 vaccine shots in Jan/Feb it was a great relief but it also seemed like a turning point. Now we have booked a tran-Atlantic crossing on the QM2 departing SH next year on May 8th. Another step towards normalcy. We feel very confident that this cruise will sail and that life onboard will be very close to the old normal, perhaps even better. Dee is already worrying about what to wear and I've started selecting wines to bring on board. Wonder who our Captain will be? Who will be speaking in the Insights Program? Will we know any of the crew?

Just 356 days to go!

Drink the Wine

Jack

We will be following along just after you. You'll be getting off and we'll be getting on....for a glorious (hopa, hopa, hopa....giggle!) 3 week rt NY with the Fjords as the meat in the sandwich! On one of our 3 segments we are fortunate enough to have some of the "Olivier Award" winners entertaining us. We're very excited about that, as it was just an added perk.

I'm hoping you'll post here so we can hear of your adventures....yes, just a year from now!!!

We were going to cross last summer (eastbound July, westbound August) and were cancelled. We booked the same crossings for this summer, in hopes of celebrating a significant anniversary at sea, only to be cancelled once more. Now we're booked for next summer, confident that we'll be sailing and counting the days until we're onboard QM2 again. 

Hi, 

It is great that you booked a QM2 crossing for next year. I am booked on the crossing that is scheduled to depart from Southampton on April 24, 2022. I am hoping that the onboard experience will be fairly close to normal by then. I am fully vaccinated and would like to resume traveling.

The QM2 is my favorite ship and I certainly miss her.

Chuck 

I'll be getting off her just as you're getting on - I'm booked for the 24 April SOU-NYC TA, and have just booked my (fully refundable) Airbnb for London for the week prior to departure. 

340 days until I'm back on board! (Fingers crossed!)

On 5/17/2021 at 2:27 PM, Jack E Dawson said:

Just 356 days to go!

Drink the Wine

Jack

Well done Jack. It feels good doesn't it?

Wow, great trip!

Not sure when to start packing but, if I may, I would like to share a tip for packing. A few weeks before departure Dee gathers up all of her potential evening cloths and I bring home a bottle(s) of Champagne. After dinner we open up the chilled Champagne and pour a couple of glasses. I put on my tux.  Then Dee begins trying on the outfits. By the end of the evening, or the end of the Champagne, the final selections have been made and the magic of a QM2 Crossing has already begun.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

To get the most of Mary2 I am booked on the BTB TA starting in Southamton April 24th- almost to they day two years after my canceled TA in 2020. Can´t wait.

I've just booked on the return leg of that trip. Watched some trip videos on YouTube last night to celebrate and found myself getting a little emotional. It's been so long since we've been on board and I know it will feel like coming home the moment we step on board.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, babs135 said:

Well, we've finally gone ahead and done it. We've booked Vancouver to Barcelona, July 2022.  42 nights of bliss aboard the Queen Elizabeth.

Is it too soon to start packing?  🤣

we will be joining you as far as Fort Lauderdale. Are you doing the Alaska leg from 11th July? Must admit I'm already mentally planning my wardrobe!

26 minutes ago, elmsliebev said:

we will be joining you as far as Fort Lauderdale. Are you doing the Alaska leg from 11th July? Must admit I'm already mentally planning my wardrobe!

Yes, we bit the bullet and decided to include Alaska as well.  We've been before way back in 2004 and have always said that we wanted to return.  Re wardrobe : I need to lose my lockdown weight gain (at the very least) before I can even think of what to wear 🤣

• Like 1