Changes to Crown and Anchor Program (On Board)

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You have to show a keycard stating PC to request membership.

Then you have to avoid pissing off the admins and members.

I wasn't a good fit.

Photoshop should do the trick. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Can us lowly D+ members join the FB page?  If we do are we allowed to opine?  

Nevermind, I despise FB.  

Me too.  Being addicted to CC is bad enough.  

I don't FB, birdy thing, instant gram thing, chit chat rooms...etc.  😉 

Don't even like texting.  😄   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Me too.  Being addicted to CC is bad enough.  

I don't FB, birdy thing, instant gram thing, chit chat rooms...etc.  😉 

Don't even like texting.  😄   

I like Instagram

Just noticed the new Pinnacle benefits listed on RCI latest Promotional email I received—only copied the part where it says these are your benefits as a Pinnacle Member!! Notice the difference!!

Dated 5/17/21:

Benefits

BENEFITS

• Extra Cruise Points for Suites

• Balcony & Suite Discounts

• Diamond Club Access

• Milestone Cruise Certificate

Dated 2/3/21:

Benefits

BENEFITS

• Pinnacle Club SeaPass card with

Exclusive Onboard Benefits

• Lounge Access

• Priority Check-In

• Exclusive Onboard Offers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

If you are Pinnacle, please join the social media group and see for yourself. 
If not, hold your horses, I’ll copy and paste tonight. 

i appreciate that.   i've never had a facebook.

54 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Just noticed the new Pinnacle benefits listed on RCI latest Promotional email I received—only copied the part where it says these are your benefits as a Pinnacle Member!! Notice the difference!!

Dated 5/17/21:

Benefits

BENEFITS

• Extra Cruise Points for Suites

• Diamond Club Access

• Milestone Cruise Certificate

Dated 2/3/21:

Benefits

BENEFITS

• Pinnacle Club SeaPass card with

Exclusive Onboard Benefits

• Lounge Access

• Priority Check-In

• Exclusive Onboard Offers

Extra points and milestone cruise certificate got added👍

1 hour ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

thanks for posting, I too am only lowly D+ however I am interested in hearing about changes.

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I like Instagram

John you would be a hoot on Twitter 😁

• Haha 1

Thanks everyone for the responses.  I guess we will just have to wait and see until we are allowed to cruise again.  I am hoping that our B2B on Liberty in September is a go.  In the meantime, hubby and I have enjoyed the very low airfares and have been travelling all over the U.S. since May last year.  We now have climbed the ladders of the United Airlines Loyalty program and get more benefits then being Pinnacles.  LOL!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

Thanks everyone for the responses.  I guess we will just have to wait and see until we are allowed to cruise again.  I am hoping that our B2B on Liberty in September is a go.  In the meantime, hubby and I have enjoyed the very low airfares and have been travelling all over the U.S. since May last year.  We now have climbed the ladders of the United Airlines Loyalty program and get more benefits then being Pinnacles.  LOL!

But those benefits are fleeting.

Not lifelong like Pinnacle 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think it depends on where you are flying.  I am on a biz thrip this week.  I made my reservations on Friday for a Monday departure (very last-minute.  usually a BIG mistake, money-wise).  My RT air from West Palm Beach to DC was $204.  I’ve never seen such a low rate !  ....especially 3 days before the flight !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I think it depends on where you are flying.  I am on a biz thrip this week.  I made my reservations on Friday for a Monday departure (very last-minute.  usually a BIG mistake, money-wise).  My RT air from West Palm Beach to DC was $204.  I’ve never seen such a low rate !  ....especially 3 days before the flight !

Laura booked Orlando to Norfolk for $250 rt in August

Frontier, they nickle and dime everything, but it's direct

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 3:19 PM, John&LaLa said:

You have to show a keycard stating PC to request membership.

Then you have to avoid pissing off the admins and members.

I wasn't a good fit.

Did you know there are 2 social media pinnacle groups? I  don’t know the exact reason for the second group.  There is overlap in both groups.

Both require pinnacle verification. -One exception, Michael Bayley is a member of one of the groups. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 1

The first group with MB now a member of, was heavily criticized by members due to the owners constant inappropriate censorship. She also invited MB to the group without notifying the members. The majority started a new Pin group where all subject matters are openly discussed and not stupidly over-censored or suppressed anymore. Also the new group did not invite MB. 

• Like 1

I have been travelling since last May monthly (DEN to PHL)  to see my mom and the RT tickets have been consistently $112.  My last flight was last week.  Moving forward, they are now anywhere from $250-$350 for the summer.    We've also flown RT to Vegas, Medford, Phoenix, Redding, CA, Charleston, SC, ST George, UT, Baltimore, etc for no more than $200.00.  I am so glad we took advantage of the cheap travel when this past year.  When people stopped flying it was so great to be on an aircraft that was only 1/3rd filled and the airports were dead.  

Edited by Colorado Babe
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Maybe it's just me, but, airfare seems high to me.

It is.  I was talking about this past year.  When everyone was locked up in their homes quarantining we were out travelling and taking advantage of empty airports and flights that were not even 1/2 full.   

7 hours ago, Kbonner said:

The first group with MB now a member of, was heavily criticized by members due to the owners constant inappropriate censorship. She also invited MB to the group without notifying the members. The majority started a new Pin group where all subject matters are openly discussed and not stupidly over-censored or suppressed anymore. Also the new group did not invite MB. 

Guess I just rejoined the group with MB

Couldn't locate the splinter group

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Guess I just rejoined the group with MB

Couldn't locate the splinter group

I see a Pinnacle Club Chats 743 members

and C and A Pinnacle Clue with 314 members

I'm a LOT of points away from being able to join one unless I can find a link friendly friend😇

22 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

.  We now have climbed the ladders of the United Airlines Loyalty program and get more benefits then being Pinnacles.  LOL!

Did you get invited to Global?  Thats what i think of when comparing to Pinnacle

1K is great but you have to make it annually unlike Pinnacle which is lifetime 

Ive been gold or above for the last 10 years and have enjoyed all the first class upgrades, free drinks and free food. But no free United lounge access.

The thing with United, they changed the way to make status. It used to be mileage and money, now its about just the money spent (PQD). We are flying first class to Hawaii since it was so cheap.

We will do at least one more RT this year, probably 2.

I may be just Silver next year since im no longer commuting for work.

oh well ,all that flying and living out of a carryon, gets old

Is it time to cruise yet😁

• Like 1

the pinnacle group, most people have at least met most of the other members on multiple occasions..  there are some members i have been on more than 25 cruises with. many members pick the longer transatlantic and transpacific cruises because they love the sea days. i am pretty sure if no one knows you , you will be rejected    some people have tried this before.   the reality is most members i have come across are well into 60,70,80,90 years old.. i was 44 when i made it and i only know 1 other pinnacle personally that is under 50. there are others, just never met them. there has been a call for a online directory that can be maintained to update members' life status because a fair amount of members are becoming to old to cruise, or sadly dying, whilst upon the vessel in some cases.