Alaska 2021 Progress

H.R. 1318, the Alaska Tourism Restoration Act, provides a waiver to the Passenger Vessel Services Act's foreign stop requirement. ” tweeted AK Rep Young after it was passed this morning.

So cruises out of US ports can skip the stop in Canada on their way to/from Alaska 

once Biden signs it into law.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pspercy said:

H.R. 1318, the Alaska Tourism Restoration Act, provides a waiver to the Passenger Vessel Services Act's foreign stop requirement. ” tweeted AK Rep Young after it was passed this morning.

So cruises out of US ports can skip the stop in Canada on their way to/from Alaska 

once Biden signs it into law.

Wow! This is quite the development. And they said it couldn't be done. Unless Biden opposes it, this looks like a done deal! I'm interested what our friend @chengkp75 thinks of this. I know he'd expressed concerns about opposition to this bill and its consequences.

• Like 1

Figures, now that I REALLY need a cancellation by RC for my September 10 Alaskan cruise on Ovation in order to Lift and Shift to next year.  Ive had some financial things hit me kinda hard this year and even though my cruise and airfare is fully paid for, I dont really have the $$$ for all the extras.     I cant lift and shift this cruise unless they cancel it so I stand to lose all my FCC and will have to pay the Air2Sea cancellation fee for cancelling the flights.       For my own selfish reasons, this is one I hope Biden doesnt use his pen on.  Sorry. 

Edited by ryano

7 minutes ago, ryano said:

Figures, now that I REALLY need a cancellation by RC for my September 10 Alaskan cruise on Ovation in order to Lift and Shift to next year.  Ive had some financial things hit me kinda hard this year and even though my cruise and airfare is fully paid for, I dont really have the $$$ for the extras.   I cant lift and shift this cruise unless they cancel it so I stand to lose all my FCC and most pay the Air2Sea cancellation fee for cancelling the flights.       For my own selfish reasons, this is one I hope Biden doesnt use his pen on.  Sorry. 

No you don’t.  Royal opened up the ability to lift snd shift 2022 Alaska cruises months ago.  I did a lift and shift on mine the day they opened it up. 
https://loyaltoyoualways.com/service/canadasailings/

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No you don’t.  Royal opened up the ability to lift snd shift 2022 Alaska cruises months ago.  I did a lift and shift on mine the day they opened it up. 

We tried. They are telling my TA that my booking doesnt qualify for another L&S because it was originally a FCC from the cancelled Hurricane Dorian Harmony cruise and had to be used by December 30 2020 (even though there was no way to use it because all cruises were cancelled) ..  They arent budging on it either  😞   

Edited by ryano

Just now, ryano said:

They are telling my TA that my booking doesnt qualify for another L&S because it was a FCC from the cancelled Hurricane Dorian Harmony cruise and had to be used by December 30 2020.  They arent budging on it either  😞   

Different story and there is no guarantee that even if they did cancel it that you would be allowed to L&S.  you need them to change the terms on your Dorian FCC otherwise even if they cancel it you won’t be allowed to shift. 

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Different story and there is no guarantee that even if they did cancel it that you would be allowed to L&S.  you need them to change the terms on your Dorian FCC otherwise even if they cancel it you won’t be allowed to shift. 

We have a name of someone in management who told us if its cancelled, they would honor it but not sure how far that will go and now all handicap accessible cabins are already booked for next year for any cruise a L&S would qualify for.   They arent willing to change anything for me.   Ive still got about a 100 days to go though so maybe I can make something happen.  This was my bucket list cruise.  

Edited by ryano
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ryano said:

We have a name of someone in management who told us if its cancelled, they would honor it but not sure how far that will go and now all handicap accessible cabins are already booked for next year for any cruise a L&S would qualify for.   They arent willing to change anything for me.   Ive still got about a 100 days to go though so maybe I can make something happen.  This was my bucket list cruise.  

I hope things work out for you. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ryano said:

Ugh - I hope it works out for you too!  Maybe you should just go without being able to afford all the extras?  Good luck!!

• Like 1

Guys, I'm so damn excited!!! We lifted and shifted from last year, it was supposed be our honeymoon. I've been sitting on our Aug 6th Ovation cruise thinking that we would take the FCC and rebook next year 😞

Now with the news, that we could possibly go, it has me thrilled and yet freaking out!! Should i book flights? Should i actually book excursions, because the itinerary will probably change without Canada? And the most super important question, should I buy the beverage package, lol!!

• Like 2

Princess only sending 1 ship to Alaska.

GOOD NEWS ALERT: We are excited to announce our plans to restart cruising in the U.S. with a partial season of Alaska sailings! Following passage of the Alaska Tourism Restoration Act, work with Alaska government officials, and recent guidance from the U.S. CDC, our shortened Alaska summer season will include one ship, Majestic Princess, sailing 7-Day Alaska Inside Passage (with Glacier Bay National Park) voyages, roundtrip from Seattle.
Our first 2021 Alaska voyage will set sail on July 25, 2021, aboard Majestic Princess.
We have deeply appreciated your support and patience throughout this time, and we are thrilled to once again provide our guests with a truly remarkable travel experience.

I hope they bring the Ovation over to sail Alaska. I have had 4 Quantum class sailings cancelled, and I’m still itching for my first cruise on one of their ships. I do have a B5B booked next March on the Ovation, but I’m not real hopeful that Australia will open their borders. I will probably keep the Hawaii leg, but couldn’t do the Alaska leg then, so why not get those double points this year (4 per night for me as a solo). And since I live in Seattle area, no flights.

2 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

The Spectrum, Voyager and Radiance are also with Ovation watching Quantum sail with passengers.

Am I the only one who had no Idea the Spectrum existed? I'd never heard of it till now.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI must not have done enough marketing. Have you heard of Wonder?

No, must have missed it. If someone asked me to name the newest RCI ships I would say, Ovation, Anthem, Quantum, Symphony, Harmony, Allure and Oasis. 

Edit: looking at the Wikipedia I also confused Ovation with Odyssey, thought it was the same ship. Sorry for derailing the thread, I'm hoping to book AK 2021.

Edited by lizord

7 minutes ago, lizord said:

No, must have missed it. If someone asked me to name the newest RCI ships I would say, Ovation, Anthem, Quantum, Symphony, Harmony, Anthem and Oasis. 

Edit: looking at the Wikipedia I also confused Ovation with Odyssey, thought it was the same ship. Sorry for derailing the thread, I'm hoping to book AK 2021.

This surprises me, but at the same it kinda doesn't.