Alaska 2021 Progress

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

$3800 with $525 OBC for a an Owner Suite good?

That's a good reason for them not offering L&S. 

I've not checked OS prices but on a first trip to Europe,  on a port intensive itinerary the cabin wouldn't be that important to me

1 minute ago, ryansmum said:

That's a good reason for them not offering L&S. 

I've not checked OS prices but on a first trip to Europe,  on a port intensive itinerary the cabin wouldn't be that important to me

Might be if you are quarantined?

31 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

There are also two dates for the Ovation in September.

They must have been adding as we speak...Only Aug. popped up when I checked.

And Sept. is $600 less 😉

Edited by crzndeb

Just now, Jimbo said:

Might be if you are quarantined?

With fully vaccinated passengers you won’t see a ship wide quarantine.  If a vaccinated passenger were in the rare event contract Covid they would be quarantined in a separate area in the medical area.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, imola said:

what am I doing wrong that  I cannot get Serenade of the Seas sailing from Settle to come on the RC site?

They don't have any of the bookings available online yet.  I also checked a short time ago.  They have a sample itinerary shown but that's all so far.  I think it was a copy/paste from Radiance because it still shows Victoria as a stop and I doubt that's going to happen.  Not sure if we'll have our original itinerary or not.

Wondering if the sail date is going to change too though.  I took a quick look at Air2Sea and it shows the original sail date but doesn't let you look at flights.  It also shows the day after and you can see flights using that selection.

14 minutes ago, sharktums said:

^They're up now!

Yes just checked it out.  Still almost double what we paid for our July cruise going out of Galveston  Thank you for letting me know though. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately I think Harmony will end up sailing...possibly a modified itinerary.

Final Payment is about 4 weeks away, June 20th. Do you think Royal will annouce a firm itinerary for Harmony(Mid September) and if the sailing is a go by then. I would think we would have to make a decision by then how we want to handle this.

My wife is adamant she doesn't want us to cruise at this time and I agree with her.

We have both had the vaccine shots, because of a medical issue, deficient immune system. The shot did not give her  the protection from Covid like if gives most people.

So not sure at this time she would even be allowed to get on the ship anyway.

Because of this, I'm wondering if Royal would give as a case by case issue and allow us to L& S when it might be safer for her next year. I'm pretty sure if we try to go this route my travel agent will have to put in the request to a Supervisor or higher up to try to make this happen. 

Also if there is an itinerary change that also might help our case.

Or if we would pay the final payment, and actually cancel about a week or less before the cruise with the CWC, just how long would we have to use the FCC and sail by date as the rules stand now?

Edited by Jimbo

27 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Do you think Royal will annouce a firm itinerary for Harmony(Mid September) and if the sailing is a go by then.

Not sure it matters as the itinerary can change while sailing. 

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure it matters as the itinerary can change while sailing. 

Even if it changes regions?, So I'm locked onto that ship no matter where it sails from? as long as it leaves on the same date?

Edited by Jimbo

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Even if it changes regions?, So I'm locked onto that ship no matter where it sails from? as long as it leaves on the same date?

You can cancel under CWC.   Depending on how much the itinerary changes they may also offer refunds. 

I see that Alaska cruises might be starting as early as July. But even with Congress dropping the requirement that you must visit a non us port, I didn't see where the CDC has approved the sailings with all the requirements they have....or did I miss something???

57 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So I'm locked onto that ship no matter where it sails from?

RCI's decision to allow refunds may depend on the details of the change - if it's a single port change they may not offer refunds.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

99.9999% no chance. 

LOL, so aleast we have a chance..........I guess for now I just hope we hear something about what Harmony is doing before June 20th and then we plan what we are going to try to do after seeing that.

What's your thought if we will know by then?