Anyone want to make a prediction..new CDC mask guidance coming?

On 5/22/2021 at 12:27 PM, I am cruising said:

absolutely shocking... to ask for young people like teens to get the vaccination when no one knows long term side effects 

well my husband and I  have had had ours but I will not be getting our teen getting it 

so royal caribbean I will see going under cos it is not viable to keep going with those restrictions

there will be some people who will get their children vaccinated but we are not one of them for nothing and certainly not for cruising 

imo absolutely ridiculous and not needed 

I agree. Children don't need to be subjected to an unproven vaccine.  I know a family that put their children into the Pfizer trails. After the trial they were told if the children received the vaccine or not during the trial.  One did one didn't.  The one who did has covid now. Proves to me the vaccine doesn't necessarily prevent anything.  And the drug companies can't be held liable for issues arising later from taking the vaccine.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I wonder how many have heard that CDC is seeing cases of Myocarditis in older teens after vaccination.  These types of stories are hard to find, but this is what's happening.  Meanwhile, they are bribing kids with free ice cream in exchange for the experimental doses of "vaccines".

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 4:37 AM, ace2542 said:

They would never dare hold someone down if someone died during that with a knee on the neck from a poorly trained security guard the lawsuit would be enormous especially if they got rid of the body at sea to cover up what they had done which a panicked cruise director woken at midnight might just decide to do.

They won't confine to cabin either they will just ask you to leave at the next port.

fa·ce·tious
/fəˈsēSHəs/

adjective

1. treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.

2 hours ago, nascarcruiser said:

I agree. Children don't need to be subjected to an unproven vaccine.  I know a family that put their children into the Pfizer trails. After the trial they were told if the children received the vaccine or not during the trial.  One did one didn't.  The one who did has covid now. Proves to me the vaccine doesn't necessarily prevent anything.  And the drug companies can't be held liable for issues arising later from taking the vaccine.  

Did Pfizer force their children to participate in the study?  Or was it totally voluntary?

3 hours ago, nascarcruiser said:

No where have I seen any data that indicates any of the Covid vaccines are 100% effective.  So, honestly, not sure what the point of your anecdote is.  

• Like 1

OP - in answer to your topic query, I am pretty sure that new CDC guidance will allow for significant reduction in masking, for vaccinated cruises.  How unvaccinated kids on cruises will be handled is a bigger question, imo.

And I’m fine with whatever protocols are in place for our August AOS cruise.  If some, or a lot of masking is required to be cruising again while more and more data is being gathered and analyzed, it’s not the end of the world.  I am absolutely confident in the abilities of my traveling party to have a fantastic time regardless.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

No where have I seen any data that indicates any of the Covid vaccines are 100% effective.  So, honestly, not sure what the point of your anecdote is.  

The point was first I agree subjecting children to a vaccine this new is not something I would do nor would I ever put a child in a drug trial.   I agree there is no data the vaccine prevents Covid19 but there are a lot of people who think it does.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:27 PM, I am cruising said:

absolutely shocking... to ask for young people like teens to get the vaccination when no one knows long term side effects 

well my husband and I  have had had ours but I will not be getting our teen getting it 

so royal caribbean I will see going under cos it is not viable to keep going with those restrictions

there will be some people who will get their children vaccinated but we are not one of them for nothing and certainly not for cruising 

imo absolutely ridiculous and not needed 

welcome to cruise critic...... Allow me to introduce you my friends son Luke. Luke is 13 YO and was a healthy select soccer player. He caught covid, had lots of belly pain with it, 3 weeks after his dad took him to the DR for a look because strange things were going on he was weak and peeing all the time and lost more weight.....Luke's blood sugar was over 600. Luke was in the hospital with 7 other kids who are all now type 1 (insulin dependent ) diabetic. He has some company because at least 1 other kid in his school had the same thing happen.   Luke's mom cried to me about how she wishes the vaccine had been available because their whole world is now changed. Luke's life will never be the same. At least his mom and dads bourdon does not include guilt because they made a choice not to protect him.  Until this happened to Luke 2 months ago I never knew this was going on but it is and its terrifying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nascarcruiser said:

The point was first I agree subjecting children to a vaccine this new is not something I would do nor would I ever put a child in a drug trial.   I agree there is no data the vaccine prevents Covid19 but there are a lot of people who think it does.

So in your anecdote, the parents would have had to volunteer their kids for the trial, so not sure how they were subjected to it.  And there weren’t any trials for kids until March/April of this year, so the safety and efficacy of the vaccines for adults had already been established.  

And no where did I say that there is “no data that the vaccines prevent Covid” so not sure how you can agree with me on that.  What a complete and utter misrepresentation of what I said.  People don’t just think it prevents Covid, the data proves the vaccines prevent Covid in a significant majority of people, and for those that still get Covid, their likelihood of severe illness is quite low. But I’m guessing you already know that — but for some unfathomable reason choose not to believe it.

Edited by 3kidsncats

Any "official" word yet if masks will still be required indoors out of Nassau on Aventure? It is being reported on social media site that masks will be required indoors as it is listed in the terms & conditions of the "Guest Ticket Booklet" for 19 June 2021.

c. Covid-19 Policies and Procedures

(4)mandatory use by each Passenger (except where medically contraindicated) outside of the Passenger's cabin while onboard and during embarkation, disembarkation, and shore excursions;

2 hours ago, WeatherFx said:

Any "official" word yet if masks will still be required indoors out of Nassau on Aventure? It is being reported on social media site that masks will be required indoors as it is listed in the terms & conditions of the "Guest Ticket Booklet" for 19 June 2021.

c. Covid-19 Policies and Procedures

(4)mandatory use by each Passenger (except where medically contraindicated) outside of the Passenger's cabin while onboard and during embarkation, disembarkation, and shore excursions;

This sounds more restrictive that what the CDC has settled on...which I believe was no masks for those who are vaccinated... and the Nassau sailings are mostly vaccinated... the document you mention sounds like what I was told when I booked the cruise several months ago....

3 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

So in your anecdote, the parents would have had to volunteer their kids for the trial, so not sure how they were subjected to it.  And there weren’t any trials for kids until March/April of this year, so the safety and efficacy of the vaccines for adults had already been established.  

And no where did I say that there is “no data that the vaccines prevent Covid” so not sure how you can agree with me on that.  What a complete and utter misrepresentation of what I said.  People don’t just think it prevents Covid, the data proves the vaccines prevent Covid in a significant majority of people, and for those that still get Covid, their likelihood of severe illness is quite low. But I’m guessing you already know that — but for some unfathomable reason choose not to believe it.

"misrepresentation"...  That's what CC posters do here.  You should know that.  Also 'opinions' are generally stated as 'facts' based on 'I think' and 'I heard', so that must make it accurate.

So many have never heard of statistical analysis, formal research and study to arrive at logical assumptions.  I had polio a year before they came out with the Salk vaccine.  I still remember the epidemic quite well.  And very few  objected to eating the polio sugar cube and the epidemic was ended.  But I'll bet there were a few who had an adverse  reactions.  There are no absolutely perfect cures.  Someone is going to have a negative reaction.  You want a perfect 100% guaranteed cure?

It will never happen!

BTW:  I am currently a Pfizer study participant and it is amazing how much baloney is shoveled out by the many 'authorities' who know nothing about it but are ready to provide their misinformation.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

"misrepresentation"...  That's what CC posters do here.  You should know that.  Also 'opinions' are generally stated as 'facts' based on 'I think' and 'I heard', so that must make it accurate.

So many have never heard of statistical analysis, formal research and study to arrive at logical assumptions.  I had polio a year before they came out with the Salk vaccine.  I still remember the epidemic quite well.  And very few  objected to eating the polio sugar cube and the epidemic was ended.  But I'll bet there were a few who had an adverse  reactions.  There are no absolutely perfect cures.  Someone is going to have a negative reaction.  You want a perfect 100% guaranteed cure?

It will never happen!

BTW:  I am currently a Pfizer study participant and it is amazing how much baloney is shoveled out by the many 'authorities' who know nothing about it but are ready to provide their misinformation.

I didn’t say I expected a 100% cure  (vaccines aren’t a cure, so there is that, but I didn’t say I expected 100% prevention either).  I said none of the vaccine developers are trying to promote it as such (100% prevention).  I don’t personally see the relevancy of an anecdote in which the main point seems to be that a vaccinated person caught Covid, when all the data and info that has been available clearly acknowledges that it is NOT 100% prevention.  

Edited by 3kidsncats

Technical Instructions have been updated:

95% vaxxed ships basically have the masks and physical distancing requirements turned into loose recommendations.  

Mask Use

• For ships with at least 95% of crew and 95% of passengers fully vaccinated, cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that they do not have to wear a mask or maintain physical distance in any areas.
Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Technical Instructions have been updated:

95% vaxxed ships basically have the masks and physical distancing requirements turned into loose recommendations.  

Mask Use

• For ships with at least 95% of crew and 95% of passengers fully vaccinated, cruise ship operators, at their discretion, may advise passengers and crew that they do not have to wear a mask or maintain physical distance in any areas.

Sweet! Of course, if none of the cruises I have booked go the 95% route, that doesn't help me, But great progress!