Need a betting pool on how soon after cruising resumes before the first offended review at how it's all gone downhill

KmomChicago

58 minutes ago, sanger727 said:

There are no FDA approved COVID vaccines.

If you read the emergency use authorization sheet before you got yours, you would have seen this line

"The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is a vaccine and may prevent you from getting COVID-19. There is no U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved vaccine to prevent COVID-19."

I thought that I heard recently that Pfizer was currently working toward getting full FDA approval.

On another note, with crew serving folks at the buffet, there won't be such a waste of food from guests who take way too much food and leave half of what they took on their plate because they took too much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fair-winds39 said:

On another note, with crew serving folks at the buffet, there won't be such a waste of food from guests who take way too much food and leave half of what they took on their plate because they took too much.

I am fully prepared to go full Ron Swanson at the buffet.

"Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was, 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.' Do you understand?"

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, firefly333 said:

If I get my guys burger and fries I'll be happy. I hope they still do sauteed onions and mushrooms on the side. Around here stuff that used to be on the side now comes ready packaged. Got bbq last week, onions which were self serve you now ask for them to give you some. I'm sure hoping for onions on top. 

A lot of the restaurants by me have stopped the madness of prepackaged everything. I got breakfast this morning with access to an honest-to-goodness bottle of Cholula! After months of "science" that it never was a surface transmission risk, there is no point in continuing this charade. In fact, it being outside is the biggest help of all.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, fair-winds39 said:

I thought that I heard recently that Pfizer was currently working toward getting full FDA approval.

That really is one of the things that most irritates me on a cruise. I'm not too broken up if my fish is overcooked or my banana has a brown spot or something but I truly hate walking by an abandoned table in the buffet just loaded with huge servings of uneaten food. Just get a little bit until you know you like it!

And yes vaccines will have full approval soon and yes, all of us who got the vaxx prior have been adding more clinical data. We did it to help all of the hesitant people, not because we wanted to avoid catching a potentially fatal and/or long-lasting ill-effect disease. You're welcome.  You are truly and lovingly most very welcome. 

• Like 1

The last 3 Carnival cruises......one big plus......your bacon was put on your plate by an attendant behind the sneeze guard.

I also hate to see the wasted food, so it was a step in the right direction.

David

• Like 1

8 hours ago, john91498 said:

I'm just waiting for the first complaint and all the people who'll dog pile on the complainer...

Scroll back a little.  I already won and my ship-on-a-stick will be waiting for me when I embark, so I'm told...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Scroll back a little.  I already won and my ship-on-a-stick will be waiting for me when I embark, so I'm told...

The OP didn’t think this situation through very well. She only has one stick ship (from Carnival Triumph) and did realize she’d have to offer up the greatest of all prizes here.

32 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

The OP didn’t think this situation through very well. She only has one stick ship (from Carnival Triumph) and did realize she’d have to offer up the greatest of all prizes here.

I also only had one.  For some reason I left it in the cabin at the last minute as we were disembarking (oh yeah, no room in the carry-ons).  Wish I hadn't left it behind at this point.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 9:21 PM, KmomChicago said:

I guess the odds are pretty easy to call on this. After COVID, will people be grateful enough for their freedom, their comforts and the luxury and value of the cruise industry to APPRECIATE AND ENJOY their trips, or will it be right back to the old grumbles about "inedible" food (spoken only by people who have never been hungry), "filthy" ships (by people who have never been in a truly filthy environment), and the endless list of offenses, complaints, and disappointments?

How many days after the ships sail before we see our first "NEVER AGAIN" review?

'Hoping after all this the LEAST they could do is bring back the table cloths!' 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

'Hoping after all this the LEAST they could do is bring back the table cloths!' 

And use butter pats instead of a communal butter crock container where people use the same little scooper and put their hand halfway into the container.  When there is butter all over the top and outside of the crock, you know people's hands have been all over it.

• Like 3

But as long as I can wear my baseball cap in the MDR after I reduce my gratuities on my way to reserve a seat in the theater for my 20 person travel party all will be good. Oh yeah, I give a cash tip to every single person who works on the ship. I walk around with 966 five dollar bills.

SEE, WE ARE RETURNING TO NORMAL

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, MissyKish said:

But as long as I can wear my baseball cap in the MDR after I reduce my gratuities on my way to reserve a seat in the theater for my 20 person travel party all will be good. Oh yeah, I give a cash tip to every single person who works on the ship. I walk around with 966 five dollar bills.

SEE, WE ARE RETURNING TO NORMAL

Okay everyone, Missy gets it!!! There’s the spirit. We’ve had a few other comments along these lines previously.

• Like 1

I guess I’ll have to rant all by myself about malaprops and misuse / misunderstanding of terms. 

Why do we have to go to a MUSTARD drill?

It’s a SHIP 🚢  not a 🚣‍♀️ boat.

My room was maintained by someone named Stewart. And an assistant also named Stewart. 

There are many more of these. Challenge thrown down.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

I guess I’ll have to rant all by myself about malaprops and misuse / misunderstanding of terms. 

Why do we have to go to a MUSTARD drill?

It’s a SHIP 🚢  not a 🚣‍♀️ boat.

My room was maintained by someone named Stewart. And an assistant also named Stewart. 

There are many more of these. Challenge thrown down.

I'm always thrilled to start my cruising experience when I crossover the GANGPLANK and step onto the BOAT.  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

I'm always thrilled to start my cruising experience when I crossover the GANGPLANK and step onto the BOAT.  

There are a lot of people I'd like to see walk a gangplank to a boat below while cruising on a ship...

😬

• Haha 3

On 5/23/2021 at 5:09 AM, RWolver672 said:

I'm more interested in seeing the complaints when cruising starts back up again.  All of the people that have said that they will cruise no matter what the restrictions are  will wish they would have waited a little longer before cruising again.

I know we are waiting until restrictions are less.   We cancelled our 2020, our 2021 and our 2022.  We are now booked on a 2023.   BUT, we will definitely NOT cruise with a mask.   How horrible to want to cruise and enjoy the ocean air and not be able to breathe.  And I will not reveal my medical information.  And yes,  I will miss it if I have to cancel again.   We will survive at a beach house somewhere.  I am praying the 2023 will be a go.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2021 at 11:48 PM, TNcruising02 said:

I think the complainers will always find something to complain about.  I admit that I would rather read about a bad cruise than about covid, vaccines, or masks.  Thankfully, all of my cruises have been good and I am very excited about cruising again.  I will have a new appreciation for the freedom to cruise.

I’m not sure why anyone would have anything to complain about. Carnival is the best 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/23/2021 at 4:43 AM, bucfan2 said:

'Feel guilty' about carbon footprint on flights/ship pollution/etc., but not guilty enough to avoid these pleasures?  Is that like 'I'm sorta greenpeace'?  

More like being half pregnant, or feeling guilty about the skin color one was born with?