Dress Code/Theme Night/Theatre schedule for QE summer cruises

bluemarble

I found this schedule of the dress codes, theme nights, and theatre production shows for QE's summer cruises up to October 13th. Those of you booked on those voyages may already have this information in your voyage personaliser (aka My Cunard), but I thought this might be of some general interest. This was originally an unsorted spreadsheet with extraneous rows and columns which I cleaned up and converted to a pdf file. I hope this works and proves to be  both accurate and useful information.

QE Summer 2021 Dress Code Schedule.pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

I found this schedule of the dress codes, theme nights, and theatre production shows for QE's summer cruises up to October 13th. Those of you booked on those voyages may already have this information in your voyage personaliser (aka My Cunard), but I thought this might be of some general interest. This was originally an unsorted spreadsheet with extraneous rows and columns which I cleaned up and converted to a pdf file. I hope this works and proves to be  both accurate and useful information.

QE Summer 2021 Dress Code Schedule.pdf 309.37 kB · 6 downloads

Thank you! That’s really useful.😀

Blue marble, that is great information for a lot of travelers. Very nice of you to share. Since you are interested in the theme nights, just wondering if perhaps you know what some of the theme nights have been on previous world cruises? We are booked on the QM2  2023 world cruise and it is way too early to be looking at shore excursions, so because we are so excited  I am looking at some of the outfits I might pack- that is hoping I gain no more weight. I know there are blogs from people that have sailed before but i can't seem to find them. Certainly not an important thing to do, but it keeps the excitement up. 🙂   

1 hour ago, tgetz said:

... just wondering if perhaps you know what some of the theme nights have been on previous world cruises?

In addition to the 2020 schedules that can be found following the link to the thread @Host Hattie provided, here's a post with links that still work to dress code and theme schedules which include the 2019 world voyages.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2602370-queen-victoria-evening-outfits-requirements/?tab=comments#comment-56137705

6 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

In addition to the 2020 schedules that can be found following the link to the thread @Host Hattie provided, here's a post with links that still work to dress code and theme schedules which include the 2019 world voyages.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2602370-queen-victoria-evening-outfits-requirements/?tab=comments#comment-56137705

Dear bluemarble,

Once again thank you for all the information you gather for us.

For those near or far booked to cruise thank you for helping us re-adapt to sailing again.

I know we have 15 months till we sail but know you will have the information for us near the date to plan our vacation back aboard...

Thank you so very much... So what was the dress suggestion for the Mariner's Ball. I can figure out the others, I think, but not sure what to wear for that. Also do you happen to have a link to any pictures of passengers dressed for any of the balls???

1 minute ago, tgetz said:

Thank you so very much... So what was the dress suggestion for the Mariner's Ball. I can figure out the others, I think, but not sure what to wear for that. Also do you happen to have a link to any pictures of passengers dressed for any of the balls???

Here's a link to a document with the suggest attire for the theme nights including the Mariner's Ball.

https://carnivaluk.metafaq.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/CU_Theme_suggested_attire.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, there is nothing in my personaliser to indicate which nights are formal nights and whether there is a theme. My sailing is the 6th August, all it says is to look at what to wear 🤷‍♀️.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what to make of this, but the page where I usually find the Cunard dress code schedules is gone. Maybe they've just taken it offline temporarily. Or perhaps they've moved it somewhere that requires a travel agent login which is what happened to the page where I used to find schedules for the Insights guest lecturers until about a year ago.

On 6/16/2021 at 2:47 AM, bluemarble said:

Not sure what to make of this, but the page where I usually find the Cunard dress code schedules is gone. Maybe they've just taken it offline temporarily. Or perhaps they've moved it somewhere that requires a travel agent login which is what happened to the page where I used to find schedules for the Insights guest lecturers until about a year ago.

Maybe no more dress codes, t shirts and shorts in mdr, lol. That will stir up the Cunarders, lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Maybe no more dress codes, t shirts and shorts in mdr, lol. That will stir up the Cunarders, lol.

Not to worry. The page where I find the dress code schedules is back online today. No changes or updates though. The same schedule for QE's summer staycation voyages up to October 13th is all that's posted there at the moment.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I can’t get the link to work that BlueMarble put up about the dress code/theme nights.

We’re going on one of the 3 night cruises and all I can find out so far is that there will be a gala evening on day 2 and it might be black and white or roaring 20’s.

I must say I’m not a fan of theme nights, I just prefer to wear a gorgeous dress of my own choice.

My questions to you experienced cruisers are these….

How do I find out which theme it will be?

How many people will wear long dresses on a 3 night cruise? 
I really want to wear a gown but prefer to go with the flow. 

Also I’ve got a dress that I can wear to black and white night but I’ve nothing suitable for roaring 20’s and with only 2 weeks of go I haven’t really got time to go searching.

Will I look out of place in just a lovely gown?

We’ve got friends joining us for their first ever cruise and I really want them to love it so I need to get my facts straight ! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Med said:

I can’t get the link to work that BlueMarble put up about the dress code/theme nights.

We’re going on one of the 3 night cruises and all I can find out so far is that there will be a gala evening on day 2 and it might be black and white or roaring 20’s.

I must say I’m not a fan of theme nights, I just prefer to wear a gorgeous dress of my own choice.

My questions to you experienced cruisers are these….

How do I find out which theme it will be?

How many people will wear long dresses on a 3 night cruise? 
I really want to wear a gown but prefer to go with the flow. 

Also I’ve got a dress that I can wear to black and white night but I’ve nothing suitable for roaring 20’s and with only 2 weeks of go I haven’t really got time to go searching.

Will I look out of place in just a lovely gown?

We’ve got friends joining us for their first ever cruise and I really want them to love it so I need to get my facts straight ! 

We always appreciate blue marble's assistance with links.

We enjoy sailing on Cunard vessels and abiding with the dress code we look forward to. Cunard affords you the pleasure and experience on a ocean liner.

Since I do have a Tux, I like to use it on the Formal nights and Pants/Sport Jacket on Informal evenings. It is fun to see all dressed After Six thru out the Ship on Formal night sort of James Bondish.....

We also attempt with pre-information to be prepared to dress with the Theme Evenings. Black and White is always easy to dress for. With preparation Roaring 20's would be fun. We are not interested in Masquerade Nights. It's really only a Mask. We missed the last time the Cunard Ball Night which would have been interesting. So we have to see what is in store the next sailing.

@The Med, please don't get too stressed about the themed evenings. The themes are entirely optional. As long as you adhere to the Gala Evening dress code you will be fine wearing a gorgeous dress of your own choosing. Of course if you'd like to participate in the theme, that would be great too.

Others can speak to some of your questions better than I, such as how many women wear long dresses on a 3-night cruise (my view is go for it).

I can help with what the document I posted has to say about the dress code and theme for the upcoming 23 July 3-night cruise which I'm figuring is the one you are on.

23 July: Smart Attire

24 July: Gala Evening (Black & White Ball)

25 July: Smart Attire

Edited by bluemarble
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant, thank you so much, although oddly enough the link is working now.

Yes, we’re on the 23rd July sailing so it’s black and white night.

I do have a black and white long dress but I still have much lovelier dresses in bright colours which I’d rather wear and after living in casual clothes for a year I’m disappointed that I can’t wear one of my nicest gowns.

Out of curiosity, what percentage of people adhere to the theme?

25 minutes ago, The Med said:

Brilliant, thank you so much, although oddly enough the link is working now.

Yes, we’re on the 23rd July sailing so it’s black and white night.

I do have a black and white long dress but I still have much lovelier dresses in bright colours which I’d rather wear and after living in casual clothes for a year I’m disappointed that I can’t wear one of my nicest gowns.

Out of curiosity, what percentage of people adhere to the theme?

With the caveat that most of my experience is on QM2 crossings and I'm a man with little fashion sense, I'll offer the general observation that the percentage of people adhering to the theme depends on two factors.

1) The theme itself. Since the Black & White theme is the easiest to comply with, the percentages go up for that theme compared to other themes such as Roaring Twenties.

2) The venue. The theme mostly pertains to the ball held in the Queens Room. The percentage of people who adhere to the theme is significantly higher in the Queens Room than in other venues such as the dining rooms.

If you are planning to attend the ball in the Queens Room, the safest bet would be to adhere to the Black & White theme. We actually had a discussion on here a couple years back as to whether it was considered disrespectful to wear a bright red dress to the Black & White ball in the Queens Room.

Thank you again, although this leads me to another question

How does one get to attend the ball in The Queens Room?
Is this only for people in suites, or “Grills” as I believe they are called?

We are in a balcony cabin so I expect there will be no ball, just dressing for dinner in the main dining room. 

11 minutes ago, The Med said:

Thank you again, although this leads me to another question

How does one get to attend the ball in The Queens Room?
Is this only for people in suites, or “Grills” as I believe they are called?

We are in a balcony cabin so I expect there will be no ball, just dressing for dinner in the main dining room. 

They are for everyone.

• Like 1