More Good News: CDC Approval to Sail from Galveston, Miami AND PORT CANAVERAL!

KmomChicago

1 minute ago, stellarose said:

mardi gras????? 

Yesssssssss I hope so. I believe there are 2 other ships planned to be homeported there by August, Liberty and Elation.  But definitely I am hoping Mardi Gras will be prioritized.  Heck I hope they all sail of course but we are looking forward to our booked cruise August 7, and would be grateful to be on board any ship.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

Of course I care about Mardi Gras, but as a local resident I care a lot about Port Canaveral.  I'm ready to see the ships coming and going WITH passengers on them.  

Oh, now you are just bragging to be able to live right there! LOL.  I would love to see the ships coming and going.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is unexpected but great news!  I half-expected PC to linger another month in the background until they got the Miami operations rolling, and maybe they still will wait a whole month for operations if Miami does get sailing in July as planned, but this is a huge step towards that!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

This is unexpected but great news!  I half-expected PC to linger another month in the background until they got the Miami operations rolling, and maybe they still will wait a whole month for operations if Miami does get sailing in July as planned, but this is a huge step towards that!

I didn't have a lot of hope for Port Canaveral any time soon.  This is great news.

• Like 4

Was at Port Canaveral yesterday eating at Fishlips, there was a royal caribbean ship in, maybe getting crew vaccinated?  The Disney ships have been anchored off shore for a while now, they go in and out alot  but I only saw one out there yesterday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Gaaaaaa! I can't keep up with all the good news! Thanks for posting Tom-n-Cheryl! 🍹

I thought this interesting: "For Carnival, though, it will have to complete a test voyage with at least 10% passenger capacity on each ship meeting the sundry safety requirements from the CDC in order to get its Conditional Sailing Certificate, which would then allow the cruise line to sail with paying customers. Those certificates are handed out on a ship-by-ship basis."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Really hoping you MG peeps get your cruise SOON!

Thank you; hope Baltimore is back in biz as planned as well for you! I would love to be on a Spirit class ship one day. In fact I wonder if those will replace Fantasy class in certain ports eventually? Not sure if they fit.

39 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Thank you; hope Baltimore is back in biz as planned as well for you! I would love to be on a Spirit class ship one day. In fact I wonder if those will replace Fantasy class in certain ports eventually? Not sure if they fit.

Spirit is not much bigger than Fantasy class. I know Baltimore is limited to around the size of a Spirit because of the cross under the bridge. Wouldn't be able to fit anything bigger

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Test cruise? I guess that means masks! Ship shore excursions. Etc.

I hope they announce a mixture of both depending on the port/ship/time of sailing (summer vrs fall)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bdever said:

I hope they announce a mixture of both depending on the port/ship/time of sailing (summer vrs fall)

I'm hoping when the cso lifts nov 1st the cdc goes away with all their rules. Maybe by my dec cruise masks are gone.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, coscab said:

Was at Port Canaveral yesterday eating at Fishlips, there was a royal caribbean ship in, maybe getting crew vaccinated?  The Disney ships have been anchored off shore for a while now, they go in and out alot  but I only saw one out there yesterday.

Awwww, I love Fishlips!  Can't wait to visit again someday soon.  And fingers crossed we get news like this in the near future about Seattle too.  I don't go until 8/31, but I sure hope it works out.  It's looking pretty promising.  

• Like 2