Where Can I Find the Statement from Royal re: Not Requiring Vaccine? Thank you

There is a lot of back and forth about Royal no longer requiring pax to have vax; CDC and the 95% threshold, etc.

Can someone point me to where Royal has decided not to require vax? NOT the CDC information; we all have access to that; NOT DeSantis' comments.

The Royal website still states that vaccines are required ( from the 2 ports who are allegedly actually operating) . 

I made 3 calls to Royal about various things in the past 36 hours  and all three times was told that they have not changed thier stance on vaccines being required; all also mentioned the caveat that pax will be notified within 30 days of cruise what the restrictions are.

I don't mean to be obnoxious and if the answer is already on the boards I apologize - but are all these discussions conjecture based on the most recent  CDC announcements?  Or do we have a nice sentence or two from Royal  about it?

Thank you so much.

I jumped from my continually cancelled cruises( my C3) on NCL back to Royal earlier this week and its pretty much deja vu! (Which I expected).

Edited by forgotmyCCname

4 minutes ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

People are speculating that the test cruises will not require vaccinations.  RCG has not made any statement in this regard that I can find.   Hopefully, we will hear more news soon,

Thank you!

(One of my favorite quilt shops is in Buda, Texas)

I think the 95% threshold takes into account children under 12 who can't get the vaccinations.  I've seen statements that RCCL knows they have a high number of families who travel on board and know that 100% vaccinated isn't realistic.  But, they are expected to require everyone over 12 to be vaccinated.

• Like 7

the CEO say yesterday they will sail at 90% vaccinated guests minus children 15 under and 95% employees vaccinated .He said they will not risk another outbreak which would shut down the cruiseline and guests work not feel safe . In surveys over the last 6 months 89% said with out  requiring vaccinations guest would not sail. Since they are registered in The Bahamas they can require proof . They also are prepared to leave Florida to the Bahamas if DeSantis forces the law on them . Bahamas has built more piers for them . 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

There is a lot of back and forth about Royal no longer requiring pax to have vax; CDC and the 95% threshold, etc.

Can someone point me to where Royal has decided not to require vax? NOT the CDC information; we all have access to that; NOT DeSantis' comments.

The Royal website still states that vaccines are required ( from the 2 ports who are allegedly actually operating) . 

I made 3 calls to Royal about various things in the past 36 hours  and all three times was told that they have not changed thier stance on vaccines being required; all also mentioned the caveat that pax will be notified within 30 days of cruise what the restrictions are.

I don't mean to be obnoxious and if the answer is already on the boards I apologize - but are all these discussions conjecture based on the most recent  CDC announcements?  Or do we have a nice sentence or two from Royal  about it?

Thank you so much.

I jumped from my continually cancelled cruises( my C3) on NCL back to Royal earlier this week and its pretty much deja vu! (Which I expected).

If you have not yet watched, here is a link from Richard Fain, their CEO from earlier this week.    

https://fb.watch/5HLT2a8iJd/

Keep in mind everything changes on a regular basis. 

I personally hope Royal goes with cruises with the 95% vaccination of passengers and crew instead of wasting time with test cruises.    

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

People are speculating that the test cruises will not require vaccinations.  RCG has not made any statement in this regard that I can find.   Hopefully, we will hear more news soon,

Vikki Freed said during her weekly TA webinar that the test cruises WILL require people to be vaccinated

• Like 4

1 hour ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Thank you so much.

You will find no such statement; RCCL is requiring everyone over the age of 16 to be fully vaccinated (everyone over the age of 12 beginning August 1)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Then why is Royal doing test cruises all? They are not required for the 95%/98% vaccination rates. 

From watching the latest video from Richard Fain. he expects everyone over 16 years old to be vaccinated. But since Royal know how many children sail on the ships, he knows that they won't reach 95% vaxxed. 

So say 10% children on each cruise means that they need the test cruises because they can't meet the 95% quota. On the Bahamas and Alaska the demographics probably skew older and they feel that can meet the 95% threshold. 

Also adults who can't are probably going to have to show proof, no honor system. Doctor's note.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

If you go on their website, under the FAQs, I believe they have this answered.

Thanks.Yes, I know this and referenced it. But many members here seem to sometimes have insider info via travel agents and their comments are diametrically opposed to what the FAQs say.

20 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

I didn't think so but one never knows- 

No, that is the stated policy, we do know. 

prior to August 1, vaccines for all 16 and older 

post August 1, vaccines for all 12 and older 

Covid test at boarding for anyone too

young for a vaccine. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Thank you so much.

154894D0-6CEB-4032-94F9-A09DD786B696.jpeg

• Like 2

As of this morning, RCL is requiring vaccinations for all passengers 16 and over (July) and 12 and over starting in August. Since the only U.S. sailings they've announced are going out of Seattle, as it currently stands vaccinations are required for U.S. sailings.

Vaccine Requirement
For Cruises Departing from Seattle or The Bahamas:

For sailings departing on or before August 1, all Royal Caribbean guests age 16 and older must complete all doses of their COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before their sailing. For sailings departing after August 1, the age requirement for vaccination will change from 16 to 12 years of age. Guests under the age of this requirement don’t need to be vaccinated and will receive a SARS-Cov-2 test before boarding. Unvaccinated guests sailing from The Bahamas will need to provide a negative RT-PCR test result to enter The Bahamas. A Health Questionnaire must be completed within 24 hours prior to sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

Then why is Royal doing test cruises all? They are not required for the 95%/98% vaccination rates. 

You are confusing test cruise with pay cruises. As molly also said the test cruises are all adults, vaccinated ... these are not the regular cruises that rcl is charging for. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandra3022 said:

Looks like NCL will require vaccine also and are prepared to leave Florida if DeSantis doesn’t back off! Let’s also remember how much money DeSantis is willing to lose billions if these cruise lines leave. 
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/08/business/norwegian-cruise-line-florida-desantis.html

The cso might lift nov 1, so at most it might just be 3 months difference, not billions.

Could be the cdc let's the cso expire nov 1st, we dont know...

Ncl can just as easily restart out of other ports. I read they asked Galveston 

3 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Thank you so much.

There hasn’t been such a statement from Royal yet. Someone on here started a thread with a title which made it sound like they had. This person was just stirring the pot. I think both of those threads are now gone.

• Like 7