Royal Caribbean’s “Tracelet” being used for cruises

On 5/30/2021 at 12:18 PM, ace2542 said:

So a tracking device basically?

I wonder if a man in a suit will come along and kneecap you for not wearing your mask.

I would rather have Congresswoman MTG come along to kneecap me for wearing the mask! lol

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2021 at 8:57 PM, harkinmr said:

This is a video from some cruise bloggers that went on the first MSC UK cruise this month.  MSC is using the tracelet technology, but it is also an interesting video because it covers all of the health protocols and how they impact the cruise experience.  MSC is not requiring vaccines and the protocols apply to all passengers, vaccinated or unvaccinated, because of the mix.  

But don't MSC intend to bring in mask wearing forever? I think they do don't they? I will say it again if people will go for it they will do it.

19 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

But don't MSC intend to bring in mask wearing forever? I think they do don't they? I will say it again if people will go for it they will do it.

Well, if MSC does do the forever thing then RCI does not have to worry about whatever thoughts I have had of trying that cruise line.

15 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

The love affair with masks has come to an end.  The masks for every occasion, masks to coordinate with every outfit, formal evening sequined masks as well as favorite sports team masks, camo pattern mask for deer hunting season and tie-dyed mask for attending rock concerts -- are all a thing of the past.  My sympathies for those in the mask designing / manufacturing trade, 3M included.  👋  Sayonara (translation = goodbye forever)

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Where did you get that nugget of info about MSC’s plans? You must have some great inside sources. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, if MSC does do the forever thing then RCI does not have to worry about whatever thoughts I have had of trying that cruise line.

They are not requiring vaccination at all. At least Royal is encouraging it aren't they?

32 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

They are not requiring vaccination at all. At least Royal is encouraging it aren't they?

No, but MSC is surreptitiously suggesting vaccines by allowing fully vaccinated passenger to bypass certain requirements.  It follows that the mask requirement for fully vaccinated passenger will change accordingly. From MSC's website: 

2084543013_ScreenShot2021-06-04at8_29_07AM.thumb.png.0d6d4f634d8fee3164a5068dac544419.png

Edited by livingonthebeach

33 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

No, but MSC is surreptitiously suggesting vaccines by allowing fully vaccinated passenger to bypass certain requirements.  It follows that the mask requirement for fully vaccinated passenger will change accordingly. From MSC's website: 

2084543013_ScreenShot2021-06-04at8_29_07AM.thumb.png.0d6d4f634d8fee3164a5068dac544419.png

You seem know your industry stuff. Why do you think NCL are going 100% vaccinated? Their larger ships are similar to the larger Royal and MSC in many respects ok no dodgems or 4d cinema maybe and perhaps not as advanced in terms of internet. But still very close in terms offerings and appeal to families.

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

You seem know your industry stuff. Why do you think NCL are going 100% vaccinated? Their larger ships are similar to the larger Royal and MSC in many respects ok no dodgems or 4d cinema maybe and perhaps not as advanced in terms of internet. But still very close in terms offerings and appeal to families.

Not sure I follow your logic.  If you are advocating "masks for life", a fully vaccinated ship is certainly not going to require masks, as per the CDC's newest guidelines for fully vaccinated people. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 9.20.45 AM.png

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The fact that the CDC still says eating indoors is dangerous, despite a litany of scientific evidence that says it's not, is just amusing at this point

Could you point us to that litany of evidence? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

LOL -- yes, unlike a few here, some of us were never bitten by the mask love bug. 

I never used anything other than the blue paper ones.  Never cared what they looked like.

Just now, mek said:

I never used anything other than the blue paper ones.  Never cared what they looked like.

Admittedly, the masks did save on makeup for some of us. 😊  I'll be happy not to see the disposable kinds strewn across parking lots and public areas like we saw the plastic gloves before everyone realized it was nonsense and stopped using them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Admittedly, the masks did save on makeup for some of us. 😊  I'll be happy not to see the disposable kinds strewn across parking lots and public areas like we saw the plastic gloves before everyone realized it was nonsense and stopped using them. 

Eye makeup was hot, but lipstick took a big hit - now people are rushing out to buy that + foundation and blush.  Just one more thing I saved money on the past 15 months. 

3 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Not sure I follow your logic.  If you are advocating "masks for life", a fully vaccinated ship is certainly not going to require masks, as per the CDC's newest guidelines for fully vaccinated people. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 9.20.45 AM.png

I just don't understand why NCL are going 100% vaccinated - and so far as I am aware they are - and MSC and Royal are not. Yet I don't see any difference in their client base at least on their larger ships

On 5/30/2021 at 2:25 PM, joand452 said:

Wonder how many of you wear Apple watches, FitBit watches or carry a cell phone.  

Believe me -- everyone is being tracked!  Ever notice your Google page?

You can't walk or drive down my block without passing a ring doorbell. A police detective knocked on our door last year and asked if they could retrieve the footage from our door bell. They were investigating a murder of a woman down the block. They got all the information that they needed from the house across the street of the murder victim. They arrested the estranged husband. Took them no time at all to solve that crime.

35 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I just don't understand why NCL are going 100% vaccinated - and so far as I am aware they are - and MSC and Royal are not. Yet I don't see any difference in their client base at least on their larger ships

Royal's sister company Celebrity is sailing 100% vaccinated out of Florida in spite of the law. Try to explain that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Royal's sister company Celebrity is sailing 100% vaccinated out of Florida in spite of the law. Try to explain that.

Pass but celeb does have a different customer base though.