Room Service as Crowd Control?

Perhaps, I've missed this in the plethora of announcements/changes/protocols in the last 3 months (if so, my apologies), but it would seem to me that, at least temporarily, expanding the room service menu and furthermore making it wholly free of charge would be a pretty decent incentive to a fair number of people to stay off the MDRs and other crowded food establishments. They could even make it "structured" so that the staff isn't "killed by a thousand cuts" every one different times. 3 deliveries per hour at :20, :40 and :00 from 6-9 pre-assigned upon boarding the ship. It wouldn't mean you *have to* order room service at all, but a predictable escape valve/crowd overflow.

22 minutes ago, coldflame said:

Perhaps, I've missed this in the plethora of announcements/changes/protocols in the last 3 months (if so, my apologies), but it would seem to me that, at least temporarily, expanding the room service menu and furthermore making it wholly free of charge would be a pretty decent incentive to a fair number of people to stay off the MDRs and other crowded food establishments. They could even make it "structured" so that the staff isn't "killed by a thousand cuts" every one different times. 3 deliveries per hour at :20, :40 and :00 from 6-9 pre-assigned upon boarding the ship. It wouldn't mean you *have to* order room service at all, but a predictable escape valve/crowd overflow.

Pretty sure that announcement was made when they announced Adventures sailings.

1 minute ago, coldflame said:

Huh, was that change ship specific or fleetwide?

I don't believe there was any announcement about general free room service food. 

Edited by Biker19

8 minutes ago, coldflame said:

Huh, was that change ship specific or fleetwide?

It was on one of the announcements for the ships starting to sail.  I remember it saying free american room service breakfast and there was a thread back then.  

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think the OP was talking about dinner, not breakfast. 

Indeed. Breakfast there are plenty of options including room service (which has always had free continental + coffee). My suggestion is for dinner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coldflame said:

Indeed. Breakfast there are plenty of options including room service (which has always had free continental + coffee). My suggestion is for dinner.

I'll sign on.

On 5/31/2021 at 8:55 PM, coldflame said:

Only if I am quarantined in my room because one of the bargain basement rapid tests that RCCL purchased flags me with a false positive. 

This reminds me of the spinach/artichoke dip and chips that used to be available via room service. My kids loved it!!!  Sorry if this is viewed as a hijack of the post (about maybe making room serivce complimentry during this restart), but you stirred up a memory:)

• Like 1