Drone video of the Mardi Gras

jimbo5544

This was awesome!  So there are two pool areas on the back of the ship with what look like Infinity pools right up against the railing!  Is one of those the private Loft area or are they both open to all passengers?  

Wow,  the Havana pool area is underwhelming if it’s just that side deck area! 😳

I need to whip out my deck plans for this video tour! 😄

Edited by Circlt

5 minutes ago, Circlt said:

This was awesome!  So there are two pool areas on the back of the ship with what look like Infinity pools right up against the railing!  Is one of those the private Loft area or are they both open to all passengers?  

Wow,  the Haven area is underwhelming if it’s just that side deck area! 😳

Havana Cabana area, but get your point.  

I watched some of the footage, but could not endure their discussion (how it started out at least). Did they receive permission to fly a drone at the port?

I had looked it up a few days ago and it was listed as a definite no no.

Tom

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I watched some of the footage, but could not endure their discussion (how it started out at least). Did they receive permission to fly a drone at the port?

I had looked it up a few days ago and it was listed as a definite no no.

Tom

I have my doubts (as to the permission).  They talk to it somewhat in the beginning.  I turned off the audio and just watched.    

• Like 3

Thanks, I fixed it!  Need coffee!  If  both of those aft deck pool areas are public areas, Marci Gras cruisers have nothing to complain about, they look HUGE and AMAZING!  Can’t wait to see her sister ship and how she differs from MG. 🥰

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have my doubts (as to the permission).  

They talk to it somewhat in the beginning.  

I turned off the audio and just watched.    

^ Likewise.

So much audio these days

is either a padding of un-necesary blather

or horribly-unsuitable background music that is often too loud(foreground!).

I quickly skipped past all the human stuff in the car,

and  got to the meat of the matter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That was a great video. It was funny to see them talking about making it in the beginning. I like how everyday individuals can  now offer us views most aren’t able to easily see. Thanks for posting.

Edited by bamaone
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

^ Likewise.

So much audio these days

is either a padding of un-necesary blather

or horribly-unsuitable background music that is often too loud(foreground!).

I quickly skipped past all the human stuff in the car,

and  got to the meat of the matter.

It was giving me a headache

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Circlt said:

The Havana pool is just on the side, quite small compared to Horizon fI r sure.

the two aft pools are for all, looking forward to being on board so much!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing. And finally, finally confirmed what I suspected but could never get an answer other than the deck plans are just drawn but not accurate. The cabins on the mid ship hump have very deep balconies.

We booked one about 5 months ago for the October 16th cruise. Got it before all the dramatic price increases and now lack of availability. 
Hella happy!!!

Thanks again!!!

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 9:50 AM, Circlt said:

The lower pool was the public access one called Summerlanding.  The one up top, I believe this is the Loft 19 area for suite members.  Cabanas in that area are available for rent and would be a good way to burn through some of the 600 in OBC that some cruisers have received.

The Serenity area at the top bow of the ship is awesome and inside picture renderings I've seen shows that Carnival has stepped up it's game.

22 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The lower pool was the public access one called Summerlanding.  The one up top, I believe this is the Loft 19 area for suite members.  Cabanas in that area are available for rent and would be a good way to burn through some of the 600 in OBC that some cruisers have received.

The Serenity area at the top bow of the ship is awesome and inside picture renderings I've seen shows that Carnival has stepped up it's game.

Plus, the entrance for the slides and the splash pool are no where near The Serenity. I agree...seems well thought out on this one 🙂

This is great.  I got a kick out of the dialog and the music too.  I wonder why Carnival doesn't get some video production people to make video tours of the ship? or at least some vloggers and travel agents?

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The upper aft pool is the Tides pool and is also public.  The Loft 19 area is the small deck above Serenity with the square pool.  You can see the rental cabanas facing out on the sides.