How much could Royal charge for the Covid tests and you would still sail and pay it?

Royal to charge for Covid Test: How much will you pay?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. How much could Royal charge for the Covid tests and you would still sail and pay it?

• I would cancel before paying anything
    • $50 ($100 per person 7 day cruise)
    • $100 ($200 per person 7 day cruise)
    • $150 ($300 per person 7 day cruise)
    • $200 ($400 per person 7 day cruise)
    • $250 ($500 per person 7 day cruise)
    • I will pay anything!! Let me on the ship!

Royal has said they will charge unvaccinated passengers for the Covid test to board and again at the end of a cruise for sailings longer than 4 days. 

If the fee was $100 a test, that is $200 per person, $400 per stateroom at double occupancy.

How much would you pay and still cruise?

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

Royal has said they will charge unvaccinated passengers for the Covid test to board and again at the end of a cruise for sailings longer than 4 days. 

If the fee was $100 a test, that is $200 per person, $400 per stateroom at double occupancy.

Big deal Fain is going to charge those naysayers for a couple of tests. How does he propose to enforce the additional protocols? The crew is hard pressed to handle chair hogs. Now they’ll be expected to ensure the unvaccinated wear their masks and maintain social distancing? Or will we all be forced to abide by those protocols even if we are vaccinated? Or will they just look the other way and hope for the best?😳

Edited by jerseygirl3
  • Like 1

I saw that on another Royal news source -- will be curious what they end up doing as far as fees and protocols.  That being said, I'm vaccinated and happy to provide my proof, so the poll doesn't really apply to me.  I do hope that they opt to charge a fee commensurate with actual cost (which should be staff to administer it, purchase and ship tests/supplies, and proper disposal of the resulting specimen waste product.).  I have no idea what all of that does cost, but it shouldn't be a profit making endeavor

Edited by 3kidsncats
  • Like 7

34 minutes ago, takeabreath3 said:

Can you please state where you got this information?  Are is this just your assumption.

Sea ya on the Sea, Judy

Multiple sources including the RC Blog and several posts here had slides from today's TA call. 

26 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

have no idea what all of that does cost, but it shouldn't be a profit making endeavor

I don't think it's profit they are after...I get the idea is to make it expensive and inconvenient to discourage unvaccinated from sailing.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, jrapps said:

There are no firm sources for this. Again, speculation at this point.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jrapps said:

Multiple sources including the RC Blog and several posts here had slides from today's TA call. 

I don't think it's profit they are after...I get the idea is to make it expensive and inconvenient to discourage unvaccinated from sailing.

Even if true, which remains to be seen, if it's too pricey, you could get a test on your own 2 days before and they're charging $15 or so at my local Quest labs. That's equally acceptable.

• Like 3

The reason I ask was, this is what is on the Royal Caribbean website.  I did read the transcript from Fain's talk Monday, so now I'm really confused!  Which by the way is nothing new!!  

Thanks, for the reference.

Judy

Q

What is the cost for onboard medical care and testing for COVID-19 related concerns?

A

Onboard SARS-CoV-2 evaluation and testing that is performed on recommendation of the onboard medical team is free of charge. COVID-19-related medical treatment provided  onboard, should treatment be necessary, is also free of charge.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coldflame said:

Even if true, which remains to be seen, if it's too pricey, you could get a test on your own 2 days before and they're charging $15 or so at my local Quest labs. That's equally acceptable.

No, both X and RCL are posting unvaxed get a test at check in and eve of last night, at customer expense

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, coldflame said:

Yeah, shoot less then 2 months ago flew into a medium size Airport and they had 2 places offering Free Testing. Might still be set up

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, takeabreath3 said:

The reason I ask was, this is what is on the Royal Caribbean website.  I did read the transcript from Fain's talk Monday, so now I'm really confused!  Which by the way is nothing new!!  

Thanks, for the reference.

Judy

Q

What is the cost for onboard medical care and testing for COVID-19 related concerns?

A

Onboard SARS-CoV-2 evaluation and testing that is performed on recommendation of the onboard medical team is free of charge. COVID-19-related medical treatment provided  onboard, should treatment be necessary, is also free of charge.

This post is for onboard medical care, what is being discussed here is testing as a requirement for the unvaccinated to board the ship

• Like 1

Just now, not-enough-cruising said:

This post is for onboard medical care, what is being discussed here is testing as a requirement for the unvaccinated to board the ship

So far lot more Medical People on Ships. Millennium sailed with 30% capacity but up it to 3 Dr's and 11 Nurses. Testing give them something to do

30 minutes ago, coldflame said:

If the objective is to discourage (which that party IS conjecture at this point) then they would not accept your test result and force you to pay for a new one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, coldflame said:

That $15 isn't getting you a PCR test though

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3kidsncats said:

I saw that on another Royal news source -- will be curious what they end up doing as far as fees and protocols.  That being said, I'm vaccinated and happy to provide my proof, so the poll doesn't really apply to me.  I do hope that they opt to charge a fee commensurate with actual cost (which should be staff to administer it, purchase and ship tests/supplies, and proper disposal of the resulting specimen waste product.).  I have no idea what all of that does cost, but it shouldn't be a profit making endeavor

The airlines charges 249.00 for a test that takes minutes to get results at DFW. I suspect it would be the same on cruise ships

1 hour ago, coldflame said:

I hope that's true.  I have no idea if they are going to accept an independent test or require that you be tested by them.

27 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That $15 isn't getting you a PCR test though

I really don't care what it costs as long as it is not a nasal swab.  We won't get that.  If they will allow a cheek swab or a saliva test, we're good.  No way we're doing a nasal swab though.  Guess we'll find out soon enough.