RC just announced vaxxed passengers on AoS must get rapid test at checkin

This does suck, just another way RCI continues to heap crap on the very folks that are making their “return” even a reality🙈. Seriously, what’s wrong with these folks?  The constant three steps forward and four steps back shows a terribly unstable and extremely unprofessional management which is unsettling for people that have $$$$ on the line for paid in full cruise purchases.  There’s no denying they are facing challenges however we haven’t exactly had an easy ride either and frankly I think we should be able to expect more from a company like RCI.  This yo-yo routine is getting really old so make a decision RCI and stick with it and stop jerking people around!

It just ain’t nice!👿

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

As long as it takes to give you another test

My husband is in construction.  When his guy go out of state to say, Illinois, the client usually makes them take a COVID test before they go.  Many of my husbands employees test positive, then go to a different test site and test negative.  Those test are nothing more than smoke and mirrors.  I don't trust them.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

What the heck is Royal thinking? If I was booked on one of these cruise I would cancel. I'm vaxxed, will have a test done to get to the island, then take another test at check in. Keep you cruises Mr Fain and Mr Bayley. It's just not worth it.

16 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

I know several people who got the VAX then got COVID.  

I dont buy that in the slightest. They were fully vaccinated meaning 2 weeks after 2nd shot? To know “several people “ you should play the lottery then.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

2 passengers on an MSC cruise  just  tested positive for Covid.

http://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/italy-cruise-covid-test-scli-intl/index.html

This isn't the first time covid case(s) occurred on MSC sailings    But they seem to handle it well.    I am not sure how Italy is doing with vaccinated their residents.   

13 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

I dont buy that in the slightest. They were fully vaccinated meaning 2 weeks after 2nd shot? To know “several people “ you should play the lottery then.

yes, it does happen.    I know a good friend that was vaccinated that got covid from his teenage son who was not vaccinated.   my friend only had very mild symptoms and tested negative 10 days after his first positive test.    It happens.     the vaccine is working as it should.   It's not a 100% guarantee of not contracting the virus.

• Like 2

Now comes word from the current Celebrity Millennium cruise that two guests from the same cabin tested positive, presumably on the tests being done to comply with the CDC requirement for international flights.  They have been moved to an isolation cabin.  This is reported on Twitter by a cruise media figure who is on that cruise, Stewart Chiron (aka The Cruise Guy).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

I don’t know Colorado Babe, but I’m one of them. Got my 2nd shot in Feb. 

I honestly don’t think the CDC will have true numbers of breakthrough cases. People may not have symptoms, or like me, mild cold like symptoms. They could be out living their life, thinking it won’t get me, I’m vaccinated. I think the variants still need to be studied more, which they are doing.
The only reason I tested was because my daughter tested positive, and a couple days later I had a stuffy nose. Never thought I would get it. I think the number of breakthrough cases may be more than anybody really knows. If my daughter hadn’t tested positive, I probably would have thought cold or allergies and been out doing my thing without a mask because the CDC said I could.
My cruises aren’t until next March, and those may not even go, since they are out of Australia.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I don’t know Colorado Babe, but I’m one of them. Got my 2nd shot in Feb. 

I honestly don’t think the CDC will have true numbers of breakthrough cases. People may not have symptoms, or like me, mild cold like symptoms. They could be out living their life, thinking it won’t get me, I’m vaccinated. I think the variants still need to be studied more, which they are doing.
The only reason I tested was because my daughter tested positive, and a couple days later I had a stuffy nose. Never thought I would get it. I think the number of breakthrough cases may be more than anybody really knows. If my daughter hadn’t tested positive, I probably would have thought cold or allergies and been out doing my thing without a mask because the CDC said I could.
My cruises aren’t until next March, and those may not even go, since they are out of Australia.

Exactly,  I and most of my family would never have been tested back last fall but we had contact.  All positive and antibodies.  None ill.  I know 3 different sets of people (no contact and don't live in sames states) one partner received the moderna and about 2-3 weeks after fully vaccinated the partner (and kids in one case) all got it.  Just odd.  the other partners were not out and about basically home people.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Anton said:

Now comes word from the current Celebrity Millennium cruise that two guests from the same cabin tested positive, presumably on the tests being done to comply with the CDC requirement for international flights.  They have been moved to an isolation cabin.  This is reported on Twitter by a cruise media figure who is on that cruise, Stewart Chiron (aka The Cruise Guy).

Every one of these will be a story.  Were they vaccinated?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Well, I know a couple as well and yes fully vaccinated.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Anton said:

Well, that’s disheartening. And we know how well isolation worked on Diamond Princess. 

4 hours ago, RoyalC said:

The Bahamas health visa included covid insurance for that specific reason.

note this is attached to the wrong persons response.  I couldn’t delete it.

Edited by later

8 minutes ago, sept10dsm said:

Were they vaccinated?

As I understand, Celebrity Millennium sailings from St Maarten are comprised of fully vaccinated adult passengers.  Maybe exemption for under age 16 passengers.

Edited by logan25

55 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

I think some people are lying about being vaccinated.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

You have a 0.01% chance of getting covid after being vaccinated.

You have a much, much higher chance of getting a false positive after taking a covid test.

False. 94.5% chance. 

and with that 5.5% chance, it’s just not worth it to Royal. 

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

So RC now saying they don't trust vaccines.

Great messaging if you want to have fully vaccinated cruises.

MSC is doing the exact same thing in England they are making all passengers both vaccinated and not take a COVID test pre-boarding. 

Jonathan