What I learned during CoVid, and thanks to you all...

Did you know Cheerios contains 100% whole grain oats?

Yes, early months of CoVid shutdown I was reading cereal boxes.......and then I gave the Cruise Critic Boards, specifically this one, a higher place on my daily “to-do” list.  I was more of a causal reader, signing in when I had something booked, or a question for the experts.  For the past 12 months plus, I would say I became a daily+ follower.  I have you all to thank for that.  Thanks for providing interesting conversation, friendly banter, and witty remarks.  Thank you for planting deep thought provoking seeds, followed by silliness.

So thanks for being you treeskier, JohnLaLa, Goodtime, SmokeyB, Soremekun, Firefly, 3kidsn, Living Beach, OneC, Sweeper....etc, etc.  I am sorry but I obviously can’t name everyone, but I thank all posters for helping provide some sanity and silliness during this CoVid break.

Many of you have referred to several vloggers who I also follow and thank, like Chris and Reily who work on the ships who are regularly mentioned on these boards, but also Jenny and Tony (La Lido), Don, Emma, Nurse Nancy, Gary B (Tips), Eat Sleep, Alisa and Jason (EECC), Sharon, and Josh.....etc....

The whole grain oats are fortified with 12 essential vitamins and minerals.  Thanks for getting me to set that cereal box down before I would have to investigate which vitamins and minerals are those essential ones.

Eddie

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Plain cheerios is what i eat for breakfast mixed with trail mix . A nice tasty treat to start my morning .

My granddaughter just started eating them too. She loves them .

9 minutes ago, Jingerwoppy said:

Captain Crunch or Honeycombs are mine.....well any with a lot of sugar that I'm not supposed to eat.  😞

I am not supposed to eat sugar so i pick out the raisins in the trail mix .

Peanuts are good for reducing sugar spikes so i add some of those too .

I use  unsweetened almond milk , vanilla flavor . 

Its really tasty .

• Like 1

COVID was an eye opener for me.

At first being locked up on house arrest for my own protection, my house had a massive cleaning and upgrading.

The local Salvation Army and Am vets made out on clothing and furniture.

Then I had to watch the news for daily reports.

Then I had to stop watching the news, because I got tired of the seriousness of this pandemic.

But most importantly I was able to find an outlet here on CC and meet new friends, and post on some mighty nice threads.

Finally, I have a better understanding of the game of MONOPOLY and how   -----------------------                         "to pass go and not go to jail".

Stay healthy

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jingerwoppy said:

Captain Crunch or Honeycombs are mine.....well any with a lot of sugar that I'm not supposed to eat.  😞

Good nightime snack as well. CC makes a good topping for ice cream

Nice post Eddie. In all this craziness there is some saneness. While I was extremely worried about my health during this time as I was high risk, this thread has taken some of the everyday worry out of my life. I have found new friends on CC and found out that we have so much more in common than what divides us. I hope to see you on board in the future. We can raise our glasses high and toast that we made it through all this.

Cheers,

Greg the Sea Dog.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MacMarauder said:

I can't stand Cheerios or the smell of them. My son likes to breath on me after he eats them for fun. I'm not sure if this is unusual but I'm firmly in the anti-Cheerio camp.

Cheerios are fine for feeding Koi

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MacMarauder said:

I can't stand Cheerios or the smell of them. My son likes to breath on me after he eats them for fun. I'm not sure if this is unusual but I'm firmly in the anti-Cheerio camp.

Your son breathing on you after eating the Cheerios reminded me of when my twin daughters played basketball in grammar school.  They would intentionally breathe their garlic breath on their opponents.  Crazy kids!!

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Cheerios are fine for feeding Koi

Thanks for the heads-up!  I'll have to give some to my Koi.   I have given them frozen peas in the past.

On 6/10/2021 at 7:42 PM, loman said:

I am not supposed to eat sugar so i pick out the raisins in the trail mix .

Peanuts are good for reducing sugar spikes so i add some of those too .

I use  unsweetened almond milk , vanilla flavor . 

Its really tasty .

I eat peanuts for part of my breakfast and my go to snack are pork rinds. The PRs aren't great for cholesterol by they are almost zero carbs.