Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

14 minutes ago, twinmommy08 said:

Good morning! Do you know if they switched out Seattle’s Best for Starbucks under the drink packages? In December 2019 Starbucks was still extra on Allure. Thank you! 

For the ships that have “Starbucks” in a cafe promenade on Freedom, Voyager, and Radiance class ships; the beverages served there are included in the beverage packages(deluxe and refreshment). The rule is if it’s a stand alone branded location like on Oasis and newer it’s not covered but licensed locations that are part of cafe promenade are covered.

3 minutes ago, wreckem2013 said:

For the ships that have “Starbucks” in a cafe promenade on Freedom, Voyager, and Radiance class ships; the beverages served there are included in the beverage packages(deluxe and refreshment). The rule is if it’s a stand alone branded location like on Oasis and newer it’s not covered but licensed locations that are part of cafe promenade are covered.

Thanks for answering! Have a great day

Just now, twinmommy08 said:

Thanks for answering! Have a great day

Just know these aren’t full Starbuck locations like on Oasis and newer. It’s Cafe Promenade serving Starbucks coffee. They are more or less limited to espressos based drinks so none of the newer products(dragon fruit etc) are available nor is Starbucks branded food.

Just now, wreckem2013 said:

Just know these aren’t full Starbuck locations like on Oasis and newer. It’s Cafe Promenade serving Starbucks coffee. They are more or less limited to espressos based drinks so none of the newer products(dragon fruit etc) are available nor is Starbucks branded food.

Thanks! I figured it wasn’t full service. My husband enjoys their beans more than any others, so he will be excited! Tbh their dragon fruit green tea is awesome 😎 

30 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The rain has stopped and the cruise director has annoyed that the gangway is now open. 

We’ll,,, spoke too soon. Now there is lightning so they are keeping everyone out of that lovely water. 

4E23A5EB-B617-4497-8F13-E1124ADC32FD.jpeg

607868D2-21B3-44BA-AE14-7E73029D669F.jpeg

371E5A18-4365-43E6-B9A6-762ECEE2BD52.jpeg

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, wreckem2013 said:

Navigator and Mariner got full blown SB during last amp

33 minutes ago, kearney said:

Question: are there any passengers with wheelchairs or scooters aboard? Is so... did you notice any issues for them getting an elevator...given capacity restrictions? Also in boarding... did they have any wheelchair assistance at the Hotel for check in? Just wondering if you noticed any crew or Bahamian port workers pushing people in chairs.

I have only noticed one or two scooters on the ship. 

At check-in, I did not see nor did I look for wheelchairs, but there was a Royal rep every 10 feet lining the hotel lobby. 

At the port, they have golf cart service for those who don’t want to make the walk to the shop (which is far from the drop off on the street. 

Our cruise is lightly loaded so every elevator ride is almost private. I have been trying to see if they have programmed the elevators to be nonstops. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Floating bar at Chill Beach… but you are not allowed in the water to go get a drink. 

6E80791F-C76C-4EEC-9D07-BFFE53110661.jpeg

Will you even be allowed to sit at that bar with other passengers anyway....maybe the bartender  hands you the drink in the water?

Edited by Jimbo

56 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I'm curious to know if the new vegan menu RC put out right before Covid is still available in the dining room? I'm thinking it may not be in the QR code set up but by paper menu by request?  Thank you for any info, looks awesome out there!

Day 1 MDR

7CA4C6A7-DF58-4A1A-A4C4-E1936CCE903F.thumb.jpeg.1c7984581d981b6da4e503905d2b08e8.jpeg
Day 2 MDR

6B47C98E-D808-4EEF-9CC0-F8367E519CD7.thumb.jpeg.455fb4f3f34e6fdc30f3efeb1e397a62.jpeg316D459F-8475-4DBA-A0AC-5C6690B41621.thumb.jpeg.6199e91eeb2963adf3fde86ed9308ac9.jpeg

Day 3 MDR

5E1121C9-5785-4E2B-B10C-5390BEA315BC.thumb.jpeg.76f139b9ba0b4cd1c46bb783f9c1938d.jpeg

Day 4 MDR

14F3BE0E-C2DA-4C41-9E71-5A642083B8D0.thumb.jpeg.45e6742af4d255640c3b4c9e479b3018.jpeg528A5777-08B1-4F71-A7D9-EA95E0D1C41B.thumb.jpeg.d22937a069c1289a54dbe84f97fcc531.jpeg

Day 5 MDR

C1FDDB3A-6DBD-4D1A-9716-7CBACBE40E7A.thumb.jpeg.cacee09f57c93195d355e90a896b2fe3.jpeg

Day 6 MDR

62B60E79-5EA6-43E8-8CA8-3E21CD9F23C6.thumb.jpeg.7b9ba540561e521236f0d12ccd9b1782.jpegFDA5642E-B58F-4E5D-BF4B-EC605411AC43.thumb.jpeg.9cafa63194e150b235d1accaf4e0b81c.jpeg

Day 7 MDR

EE4C3F51-CD7A-4F22-AF21-E94000A38649.thumb.jpeg.4e56979f12a532ea2e14694ee249cdee.jpegA80A7E1F-5A46-4E63-9117-F1D1A12319B3.thumb.jpeg.770f2a7f94d8bfb8fa7cab6009fb54d0.jpeg

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Will you even be allowed to sit at that bar with other passengers anyway....maybe the bartender  hands you the drink in the water?

On the ship, you can sit at the bar. There are “Reserved for Physical Distancing” signs at some seats. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@BirdTravels I'm piling on with the thank yous!   I noticed on that on the print out it said if you have a beverage package to take your cup to any bar to get soda.  Does that mean no more Coke Freestyle machines?  Or did Adventure not have one?  (I could have sworn they did).  Asking because we get soda packages for the flavored waters, not the soda, so we will pass on that if the Freestyle machines are not operating on the ships going out this/next month.  

I can't wait to keep following along, I'm on Odyssey on July 3rd (if all goes with I think with Adventure's sailings and the test sailing)  

27 minutes ago, rockmom said:

@BirdTravels I'm piling on with the thank yous!   I noticed on that on the print out it said if you have a beverage package to take your cup to any bar to get soda.  Does that mean no more Coke Freestyle machines?  Or did Adventure not have one?  (I could have sworn they did).  Asking because we get soda packages for the flavored waters, not the soda, so we will pass on that if the Freestyle machines are not operating on the ships going out this/next month.  

I can't wait to keep following along, I'm on Odyssey on July 3rd (if all goes with I think with Adventure's sailings and the test sailing)  

The site that can't be named here said the soda machines appeared operational

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, rockmom said:

As far as I can tell, because there is no self serve, the freestyle machines are not available. The soft serve ice cream is all served (can’t make the foot tall cone). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Boy,we have a cruise in august. I hope things change. Appears being vaccinated means nothing. Still constantly reminded of distancing etc. I dont want to spend my vacation looking at signs and distancing rules. Thats not fun. Life is back to normal pretty much where I live and im really not looking forward to going backwards in time.

My hope is things will change quickly. Which is what I think will happen. I think everyone at this point is tired of this past 16 months and need normalcy and common sense. I also understand rccl needs this to work out of the gate so lets see what happens. Im optimistic and hopeful. I just dont want to be on vacation and feel like I stepped back 6 months in the pandemic.

op thank you for the updates. Awesome. Im not raining on your parade and maybe in person its completely different then reading about it. I hope you are having a blast.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Ditto, 

I'm supposed to be working from home today.  This is going to be a terrible distraction.

Been watching this thread AND found 4 different Cruisers posting on ship Videos on another site. Watching, waiting, a lost weekend for me. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Boy,we have a cruise in august. I hope things change. Appears being vaccinated means nothing. Still constantly reminded of distancing etc. I dont want to spend my vacation looking at signs and distancing rules. Thats not fun. Life is back to normal pretty much where I live and im really not looking forward to going backwards in time.

My hope is things will change quickly. Which is what I think will happen. I think everyone at this point is tired of this past 16 months and need normalcy and common sense. I also understand rccl needs this to work out of the gate so lets see what happens. Im optimistic and hopeful. I just dont want to be on vacation and feel like I stepped back 6 months in the pandemic.

op thank you for the updates. Awesome. Im not raining on your parade and maybe in person its completely different then reading about it. I hope you are having a blast.

I don't actually think it looks that bad. People don't have to mask, the reduced capacity seems lovely and is conducive to distancing. I kind of like the idea of not being crowded into spaces. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 11