Jade out of Athens

Rob-Bob

My husband and I are on the same sailing and I was wondering the same thing. I wanted to compare the balcony rates to the inside rate in case we wanted to bid on the upgrade but could not find it.

I don't know the definitive answer to the OP question, however, I can add that for at least a week the first three Jade cruises out of Athens were showing as being "Sold-Out" on an on-line cruise booking website.  IMHO, they were either truly sold out or (and more likely I think) soon to be cancelled.  Time will tell.

Edited by MichiganBound
grammar

First, I'll wish you all good luck! 

Second, when I just looked up those cruises, I found many of the cabin categories on the August 8th cruise are sold out, even the Insides are now only GTYs.  

Still able to book but with very limited inventory available.  

Keep the faith. Happy sails. 

Many of us in the August 1 and 8 cruises have received our flights through the air promotion so it would seem that the cruises are on. We gave also received upgrade invitations.

Because NCL is sailing with limited capacity we think cruises that have met that mark are just being removed from the site. 

for August 8, the whole sailing disappeared for a few weeks and limited categories just reappeared, shortly after final payment.

• Like 2

I have received my flights for the July 25 cruise also.  I have selected my seats on the flights and seem to be set.  At least the 8/1 and 8/8 dates show the Jade in Athens.  In my heart I do not believe this cruise is happening.  I hate to waste a lot of time trying to plan the details on the vacation if it is going to be cancelled.

Kind of frustrating.

The 25 July cruise was often showing sold out throughout May on the US and EU NCL.com sites. About a week before the final payment of 26 May, we wanted to move from our balcony to a club suite. The only thing available at that time was a couple regular suites. I have not noticed this cruise being available to book after final payment.

I think the piece of mind policy allows for cancellation up to 15 days before sail date to receive a full refund in a future cruise credit. There is a chance some cabins will become available then. Who knows? We have received numerous upgrade offer emails. We might put a bid in later, but we have our cabin where we like it and next to family.

If this ends up being cancelled it will definitely suck, but it is not like it is coming out of the blue giving the current global situation. We are no stranger to cancelled cruises. Four Escape trans-atlantics and the Star in Antarctica have been cancelled. I don't remember how many flights have changed or been cancelled. We figure our odds are around 50/50. We are hopeful it sails, but manage our expectations.

Receiving another email this morning about upgrading, I did a quick search for port schedules. I think I've come across a port schedule that should be more reliable than CruiseMapper. It is from the Piraeus Port Authority . If the schedule is accurate the Jade will be

leaving Piraeus tonight 21 June at 20.00

returning 18 July at 05.00

leaving 21 July at 17.00

returning 24 July at 05.00

It then leaves weekly on Sundays at 23.00 starting 25 July and returns weekly at 05.00 starting 01 August. I assume the times are local (GMT+3).

Maybe the downloadable PDF on the port authority page can serve somewhat as a crystal ball. Hopefully it sails as scheduled.

Cruise_Schedule_for_2021_PDF_18-06-2021.pdf

• Like 3

I actually did a search myself yesterday on ncl.com for European NCL cruises available for August and September 2021, and was surprised to see that there are no cruises available until September.

Unfortunately for those of you who have booked a NCL cruise for July or August 2021 in the Mediterranean, I do think this means that the previously announced July- and August cruises are not going to happen. Even with reduced capacity, it is just unlikely that all sailings in July and August are sold out in all categories....

It may be in relation with Greece still having rather strict covid-19 regulations, allthough now "open for tourism":

"Visitors flying in from the EU, Schengen Area countries, the UK, USA and 21 other countries (see Covid-related FAQs for full list) no longer need to quarantine on arrival and you are able to travel freely to Greek islands and around the mainland and visit archaeological sites and museums. Beaches, restaurants & cafes and other entertainment venues are also open.

You’ll still need to wear a mask in indoor and outdoor public places and follow safety measures, including a restriction on numbers in shops and a 1:30am-5am curfew.

Edited by TrumpyNor

57 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

I actually did a search myself yesterday on ncl.com for European NCL cruises available for August and September 2021, and was surprised to see that there are no cruises available until September.

You can book the Jade for Aug 8th and beyond, though Aug 8th only has suites remaining.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrumpyNor said:

Unfortunately for those of you who have booked a NCL cruise for July or August 2021 in the Mediterranean, I do think this means that the previously announced July- and August cruises are not going to happen. Even with reduced capacity, it is just unlikely that all sailings in July and August are sold out in all categories....

It may be in relation with Greece still having rather strict covid-19 regulations, allthough now "open for tourism":

"Visitors flying in from the EU, Schengen Area countries, the UK, USA and 21 other countries (see Covid-related FAQs for full list) no longer need to quarantine on arrival and you are able to travel freely to Greek islands and around the mainland and visit archaeological sites and museums. Beaches, restaurants & cafes and other entertainment venues are also open.

You’ll still need to wear a mask in indoor and outdoor public places and follow safety measures, including a restriction on numbers in shops and a 1:30am-5am curfew.

6 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

You can book the Jade for Aug 8th and beyond, though Aug 8th only has suites remaining.

I am so sorry about causing any confusion, in my original search I only ended up with cruises on the Epic and the Getaway for September, when I chose "Mediterranean" as destination and July and August as travelling months. So the Greek cruises on the Jade didn't show at all, hence I thought they were not "active" anymore. 

Edited by TrumpyNor

if you look a little later in the year november specifically, the getaway sails for 11 days from athens to rome. sadly it misses mykonos, but does stop in santorini.

we've been on both ships, as well as many other ncl vessels, and the getaway is by far my favorite.

so, if you have any interest, give it a little looksee, and if you decide to take this cruise, the 1st drink is on me.

• 2 weeks later...

This is being said over and over on this forum, if the cruise is not showing, it could be sold out.  If it is showing and listing everything as sold out, I would be more worried then a cruise not showing to be honest.

I genuinely believe the July 25 sailing is still a go. The fact the cruise is no longer available for sale just means it is sold out. With limited capacity and it being NCL's first sailing post-COVID, it is not surprising it has sold out a month in advance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

No Jade July cruise showing in the NCL website.

The 25 July Jade was showing sometimes and other times not throughout May. Only a couple suites were available days before final payment. Since final payment at the end of May, I have not noticed it being available to book.

I've always figured the chance of it sailing being 50/50. I am now more optimistic than before that it will sail as planned. If it sails, great! If it doesn't sail, oh well it sucks. This would not be the first cancellation to deal with. Me getting upset, mad and swearing off NCL won't help. 

4 hours ago, sicness4x4 said:

The 25 July Jade was showing sometimes and other times not throughout May. Only a couple suites were available days before final payment. Since final payment at the end of May, I have not noticed it being available to book.

I've always figured the chance of it sailing being 50/50. I am now more optimistic than before that it will sail as planned. If it sails, great! If it doesn't sail, oh well it sucks. This would not be the first cancellation to deal with. Me getting upset, mad and swearing off NCL won't help. 

I am so hoping that you sail because I think that is the first NCL sailing in Europe so it would bode well for the rest of them.  Please do report back once you are onboard to let us know how it all goes

Hope you have a great holiday

Edited by SpainAlien