Freedom of the Seas July sailings Healthy Sail Requirements.

5 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

But if it is amended, HOW will they manage the new mask rules? That was my question.  

If you don't think they will tag people's cruise card or on board profile/account with vaccine identifiers, I don't know what to tell ya

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beardface said:

If you don't think they will tag people's cruise card or on board profile/account with vaccine identifiers, I don't know what to tell ya

I think harkinmr mean how will the police the mask rules just as people walk around the ship. They're only going to amend the rules if they also require the cruise lines to enforce them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sugcarol said:
  1. CDC has noticed an uptick for Covid in children. The virus needs  a host to survive, the more people vaxed, the more the  unvaxed kids will be the bullseye. I do not want to cruise with kids, because eventually they will be the ones that will be the threat on a cruise.

The issue of children contracting Covid and spreading it has now reached a critical stage at a reserve in Northern Ontario where youngsters are contracting the Delta variant and it is running rampant.  I assume that many in the US and other parts of Canada may not have heard about this.  If this happened on a cruise ship where those under 12 are not permitted yet to be vaccinated, it would be awful for the cruise industry comeback with the way the media would run with it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/covid-19-wildfire-kashechewan-1.6067874

Edited by Russ Lomas
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Beardface said:

I think they will "tag" people's cruise card for verification purposes and access to designated venues, but the cruise card does nothing to help monitor mask wearing generally on the ship.  There has to be an identifier of some sort for crew to be able to monitor compliance.

8 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

I don’t think the virus is targeting kids for lack of adults — the virus is mutating and as a part of that, kids are more susceptible.  As they would be if the Delta variant arrived before the vaccine.  This is part of the reason why it is so important people get vaccinated.

The Delta variant is already here in the US.  It is causing havoc in the UK where vaccine uptake is very high.  We still don't know what impact it will have here, and we can only hope it does not start infecting children because more adults have been vaccinated.  

I think they will "tag" people's cruise card for verification purposes and access to designated venues, but the cruise card does nothing to help monitor mask wearing generally on the ship.  There has to be an identifier of some sort for crew to be able to monitor compliance.

Perhaps they can stamp the foreheads of all non-vaccinated people with a none-washable mark so that crew and also the rest of the passengers who are vaccinated know who isn't vaccinated.  

DON

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The easiest would be to have vaccinated wear wrist bands similar to what hospitals do. I do think that people with kids will not want to cruise because it will be like wearing a scarlet letter. I can assure you that there will be conflict with passengers especially when alcohol is involved. We are seeing that currently with airlines and more aggression.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, donaldsc said:

Perhaps they can stamp the foreheads of all non-vaccinated people with a none-washable mark so that crew and also the rest of the passengers who are vaccinated know who isn't vaccinated.  

DON

Sarcasm aside, you must see the problem for the cruise lines here.  Unvaccinated passengers should be wearing a mask.  If you are not going to limit the number of unvaccinated on board there has to be a way to make sure policies are followed.  No cruise lines is just going to throw caution to the wind and remove all mask requirements.  They are neither stupid nor negligent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

The Delta variant is already here in the US.  It is causing havoc in the UK where vaccine uptake is very high.  We still don't know what impact it will have here, and we can only hope it does not start infecting children because more adults have been vaccinated.  

Yes, I know it’s already here — 10% of cases, expected to double every 2 weeks.  Or faster — literally just saw an interview of a health official in Missouri who said 90% of new cases there are the Delta variant.  

i know in the UK they are only just vaccinating “younger” populations— I think they started 30 and older just recently.  Not 100% on their age eligibility but I know really young people aren’t getting vaccinated yet.  No doubt we will be hearing about it throughout Europe soon.  

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Just today -- in a FaceBook reply, Michael Bayley said he doubted masks will be required starting August. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 11.25.59 AM.png

Of course, he is going to say that as bookings have probably been low for the summer sailings and  he wants to stop people from cancelling since now saying everyone mask up for US sailings.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Sarcasm aside, you must see the problem for the cruise lines here.  Unvaccinated passengers should be wearing a mask.  If you are not going to limit the number of unvaccinated on board there has to be a way to make sure policies are followed.  No cruise lines is just going to throw caution to the wind and remove all mask requirements.  They are neither stupid nor negligent.

I wasn't being sarcastic.  I was being serious.  There has to be a way of quickly identifying if a person is not vaccinated and a non-permanent forehead tattoo would work.

With regard to the suggestion that punching a hole in the cruise card can be used to identify whether you are vaccinated, the crew are not going to be spending time checking cruise cards and other passengers will not be allowed to check them.  A forehead tattoo will be immediately obvious.

DON

Edited by donaldsc
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sugcarol said:

The easiest would be to have vaccinated wear wrist bands similar to what hospitals do. I do think that people with kids will not want to cruise because it will be like wearing a scarlet letter. I can assure you that there will be conflict with passengers especially when alcohol is involved. We are seeing that currently with airlines and more aggression.

Well that sounds swell.  I'll be sure to have my popcorn ready.

Seriously, if we Americans can't manage to behave ourselves without conflicts (as it seems cruisers in other places in the world have done quite nicely) then maybe we don't deserve to be able to cruise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Of course, he is going to say that as bookings have probably been low for the summer sailings and  he wants to stop people from cancelling since now saying everyone mask up for US sailings.

This.

5 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Yes, I know it’s already here — 10% of cases, expected to double every 2 weeks.  Or faster — literally just saw an interview of a health official in Missouri who said 90% of new cases there are the Delta variant.  

i know in the UK they are only just vaccinating “younger” populations— I think they started 30 and older just recently.  Not 100% on their age eligibility but I know really young people aren’t getting vaccinated yet.  No doubt we will be hearing about it throughout Europe soon.  

In the UK all over 18s can now book a vaccine as of today. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Mark_UK said:

In the UK all over 18s can now book a vaccine as of today. 

That’s good news, because seems like it’s hitting young people more than previous strains.  Are they doing a 3 month gap between doses?  That would contribute to the spread, if people don’t have both doses

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/06/youth-delta-variant-behind-uk-covid-surge

Edited by 3kidsncats
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bajathree said:

I think these current requirements are going to be very short lived. With that being said I don't know why Royal is taking the hard road to starting up and not just simply starting out with the 95% threshold like Celebrity. Yes I know about the amount of kids on Royal and how they under normal circumstances wouldn't be able to reach that 95% threshold....but these current requirements sound terrible and I really don't think they are going to have to worry about families and kids on these early sailings anyways. What family really wants to jump through these hoops with themselves and their kids.

Those who have FCC to use before they expire or those who booked under kids sail free and lifted and shifted when the cruise got canceled. I think that is why they were going the unvaccinated route. Celebrity doesn't attract families with kids like Royal does so it was easier to for them to go fully vaccinated.

I really think the cruise lines blew it with what these beginnings would be like. When you were a baby did you go from lying down to walking? No you crawled. For the beginning of cruising they should have only had 100% vaccinated people instead of this 95% hair splitting. Then as cruising rolled out they could back up and be less strict.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

I don't see them restricting vaccinated parents and children from eating together.  I imagine they will make an exception and seat "hybrid" families in family groups in a separate area of the dining room or relenting and seating these families in the unvaccinated area.  It's really a no win for the parents.  

Exactly, i  been saying that it's a hassle on the entire immediate family.

Maybe, the vaxed Paxs should pay more as they are getting more benefits compared to the un.😂

44 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

That’s good news, because seems like it’s hitting young people more than previous strains.  Are they doing a 3 month gap between doses?  That would contribute to the spread, if people don’t have both doses

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/06/youth-delta-variant-behind-uk-covid-surge

Yeah the recent increase in cases is definitely being driven by the youth but also lifting of some restrictions. 

The second does is now from 8 weeks, sooner if you are 40+ or vulnerable. 

Hopefully the younger people getting jabs will start to pay off. I'm 34 and due my second in July. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Spit works for swim goggles. Save $$$$.  Also "Mom spit" is good for cleaning youngsters faces. Don't think I'd ever have enough spit to defog  snorkel masks.  And glasses...EU🤢

It takes just enough to wet the tip of your finger (think of touching your tongue with your finger).  Works on swim goggles, snorkel masks and, yes, glasses.  👓

Now, it was suggest 'in a pinch' when you forgot you anti-fog spray or gel.  It's what we used to do before there was anti-fog spray or gel.  It's not FDA approved that I can find.  😅

19 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Maybe the unvaccinated should not cruise if they don't like the protocols.  Or perhaps the unvaccinated should pay more for the additional burden they place on the cruise lines.

Maybe RCL should have the cojones to come out and say only vaccinated people and refund all monies to those people with outstanding reservations.   The waiting for their intentions and plans is excruciating, 

I've got 4 cabins booked on Anthem for Easter 2022  and would like some resolutions and the refunds, so that I can plan a land vacation.

I'm not going to subject me or my family to second class treatment.

• Like 2