Edge is leaving Port Everglades today at 6pm.

mek

Beautiful... Almost a 100 percent fully vaccinated cruise leaving from Florida. It can be done if corporate has the determination to do it.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Celebrity with their high standard of vaccinated passengers is the best! Those of us booked on Royal are second class and unlimited unvaccinated passengers are what we have to deal with.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coaster said:

Celebrity with their high standard of vaccinated passengers is the best! Those of us booked on Royal are second class and unlimited unvaccinated passengers are what we have to deal with.

My God! just quit the whining and cancel.  This isn't hard. If you don't like the product offering go somewhere else.

• Like 14

10 hours ago, coaster said:

Cruise other cruise lines. That is what we do. There is Celebrity, MSC, NCL, PRINCESS & HAL to name a few.

13 hours ago, coaster said:

image.png.cedef705b9f672379aa1e7b871606c49.png

• Like 1

I’m watching my favorite bloggers Reporting from aboard ship and they said Celebrity Edge is not allowing free style touring in Cozumel or Costa Maya, you must tour through the ship. Does anyone know why they decided this? Is it just for this cruise only?

3 hours ago, jcc1025 said:

Thank the Governor of FL. although I think Royal found a work around by putting so many restriction on unvaccinated passengers that I don't think they would want to pay the money and sail. We are on the first Royal cruise out of Galveston and it is a vaccinated required cruise. 

Didn’t Celebrity sail out of Florida? How did they do that workaround?

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Ocean Cat said:

I’m watching my favorite bloggers Reporting from aboard ship and they said Celebrity Edge is not allowing free style touring in Cozumel or Costa Maya, you must tour through the ship. Does anyone know why they decided this? Is it just for this cruise only?

It's called being smart - assure following health protocols through controlled tours, instead of "who knows what happens" on local "buy-a-tours". After all...we're talking cruise vs alternative Mexico local tours....we all know how well locals follow "rules"...

19 hours ago, bgriffin5 said:

Didn’t Celebrity sail out of Florida? How did they do that workaround?

Passengers are ask to voluntarily affirm they have been vaccinated. If they choose not to respond they are considered none vaccinated and they are under a different set of very restrictive rules on the ship. Some venues on the ship can be set aside for vaccinated passengers only. They have to have specific testing which they have to pay for and will be charged to their sea pass card. Different seating areas during meals, etc.. So when you read the whole list I find it hard to believe someone would want to spend the money to sail under those conditions. But they it meets the Governors plan to not have to affirm you got the shot in order to cruise. 

23 hours ago, jcc1025 said:

Passengers are ask to voluntarily affirm they have been vaccinated. If they choose not to respond they are considered none vaccinated and they are under a different set of very restrictive rules on the ship. Some venues on the ship can be set aside for vaccinated passengers only. They have to have specific testing which they have to pay for and will be charged to their sea pass card. Different seating areas during meals, etc.. So when you read the whole list I find it hard to believe someone would want to spend the money to sail under those conditions. But they it meets the Governors plan to not have to affirm you got the shot in order to cruise. 

This is not how Celebrity is executing their business model. What you described is what Royal is doing.

Celebrity is cruising with 95% vaxxed passengers. There are no restrictions for anyone on their ships. No one has to mask up anywhere on their ships.

49 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

This is not how Celebrity is executing their business model. What you described is what Royal is doing.

Celebrity is cruising with 95% vaxxed passengers. There are no restrictions for anyone on their ships. No one has to mask up anywhere on their ships.

Including the FL cruises? So 95% must have volunteered their status on Edge last week since they could not turn a none vaccinated passenger away in FL. and could not require vaccinations in FL. 

The RCCL cruises will not have restrictions of vaccinated passengers at this point only for those who have not been vaccinated or refuses to declare one way or the other. I now see that RCCL has added a stipulation in FL that none vaccinated passengers will also have to show proof of travel insurance covering medical cost if they sail out of FL.. I would not expect any of those ships to be less than 95% with the added cost a none vaccinated person will have to pay.  We are on the first RCCL ship out of TX. in August and at this point you have to show proof of vaccination to sail on that cruise. So the none vaccinated group will be children under the vaccinated levels. 

25 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

Including the FL cruises? So 95% must have volunteered their status on Edge last week since they could not turn a none vaccinated passenger away in FL. and could not require vaccinations in FL. 

The RCCL cruises will not have restrictions of vaccinated passengers at this point only for those who have not been vaccinated or refuses to declare one way or the other. I now see that RCCL has added a stipulation in FL that none vaccinated passengers will also have to show proof of travel insurance covering medical cost if they sail out of FL.. I would not expect any of those ships to be less than 95% with the added cost a none vaccinated person will have to pay.  We are on the first RCCL ship out of TX. in August and at this point you have to show proof of vaccination to sail on that cruise. So the none vaccinated group will be children under the vaccinated levels. 

26 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

Looked at the Connections posting for this cruise and the the people on the board say that all passengers except 2 adults (18 years old) and 22 children verified their vaccinated status on the cruise so their are no restrictions on board so that's how they got to the 95% .They also said on the first two port stops they have to use Celebrity's tours on shore. Said the ship is about 40% full so that would be nice, All of this will be kind of a week by week thing for awhile depending on the success of the cruises moving forward. Its all good for us, we just want to get back on a ship and out to sea.