Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

FWIW, Celebrity's app is just as much a problem. I fought with it a week before I emailed the app support team and they got me squared away ---- via the WEBPAGE, not the app.

I just booked a Caribbean Princess Panama cruise for next year on the web, no problems at all and I love Princess's new web process. It was ridiculously quick and easy to find and book a stateroom, compared to 3 other cruise lines I've booked on (you can guess which ones).

The Celebrity app does make it more convenient at the port (and maybe the day before) but X's website also clearly cites in multiple places that the app is not necessary to board. I've used X's website for specialtiy dining and everything else I've paid for ths far. I'm pretty sure Princess is the same. They would be crazy to force much of anything important to the app only.

Edited by Moonarino

9 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

FWIW, Celebrity's app is just as much a problem. I fought with it a week before I emailed the app support team and they got me squared away ---- via the WEBPAGE, not the app.

I just booked a Caribbean Princess Panama cruise for next year on the web, no problems at all and I love Princess's new web process. It was ridiculously quick and easy to find and book a stateroom, compared to 3 other cruise lines I've booked on (you can guess which ones).

The Celebrity app does make it more convenient at the port (and maybe the day before) but X's website also clearly cites in multiple places that the app is not necessary to board. I've used X's website for specialtiy dining and everything else I've paid for ths far. I'm pretty sure Princess is the same. They would be crazy to force much of anything important to the app only.

We just got back from a Celebrity Equinox cruise on Sept 5.  Their app worked fine for us but it was a little klunky to set up.  We didn't use it much once on the ship.  It certainly did expedite the embarkation and debarkation process but so did only having 1200 pax.  🙂

Now that the Princess app seems to be working we may use it more in November.

23 hours ago, Moonarino said:

They would be crazy to force much of anything important to the app only.

True dat!

Unfortunately, Princess has forced everything to the app only.

Princess recently announced that they would be restoring the functionality to their web interface.

By the end of October.

Or, by the end of November.

...depending on which announcement one happens to read.

Or, perhaps, by then end of a month to be named later.

48 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

True dat!

Princess recently announced that they would be restoring the functionality to their web interface.

By the end of October.

Might want to give everything a good hard look again. Lots of people were/are also thinking the Celebrity app is required (because it says so in several places) but I finally found verbatim where it's not required. Just print and show at the terminal. But the trick is, that info isn't found (that I know of) till after initial check-in is completed and Xpress Passes can be viewed.

Edited by Moonarino

I have tried and tried to make both specialty and spa appointments and cannot. It keeps saying to check back later.

I just emailed my Princess PVP to see if she has any clue when and if this app will ever work. I am not hopeful for a response as to when

This is totally ridiculous. I am going on this cruise in December then I think back to RCCL after that. They will be losing close to $70000 in bookings.............dummies

Kathy

Edited by rabin1

3 hours ago, rabin1 said:

I have tried and tried to make both specialty and spa appointments and cannot. It keeps saying to check back later.

I just emailed my Princess PVP to see if she has any clue when and if this app will ever work. I am not hopeful for a response as to when

This is totally ridiculous. I am going on this cruise in December then I think back to RCCL after that. They will be losing close to $70000 in bookings.............dummies

Kathy

I worked my way through the app.  Not great for sure but not horrible.  My big problem now is getting a test scheduled at the CVS on A1A near the port.  For Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday that'll be fun..  

9 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I worked my way through the app.  Not great for sure but not horrible.  My big problem now is getting a test scheduled at the CVS on A1A near the port.  For Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday that'll be fun..  

Who knows maybe Princess will have their testing at the pier by the time you sail

4 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I live in Ft.Lauderdale there is another CVS VERY CLOSE to the port. 1700 S. Federal Hwy Ft. Lauderdale 33316. They will allow appts. Keep checking daily they get cancellations and sometimes allow appts a week or so out

Kathy

3 hours ago, rabin1 said:

I live in Ft.Lauderdale there is another CVS VERY CLOSE to the port. 1700 S. Federal Hwy Ft. Lauderdale 33316. They will allow appts. Keep checking daily they get cancellations and sometimes allow appts a week or so out

Kathy

We went to Tester at airport without an appointment and they were happy to serve us as walk in. Obviously better to have appointment this was last minute 'insurance' because 72 hour test had not responded in time. This was for a flight to Hawaii. 

12 hours ago, Tedferg said:

We went to Tester at airport without an appointment and they were happy to serve us as walk in. Obviously better to have appointment this was last minute 'insurance' because 72 hour test had not responded in time. This was for a flight to Hawaii. 

Was this FLL airport?  Where were they located? Before security or after? Thanks 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rabin1 said:

Kathy

In using the link I posted earlier and a zip of 33316 i actually found 3 CVS within a couple of miles of our hotel including the one you mentioned.  The link allows scheduling to start 14 days prior to the desired test date.  So in the wee hours of 11/13 I'll try to schedule our tests for 11/26.  Worked great when we've used it before.

2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

In using the link I posted earlier and a zip of 33316 i actually found 3 CVS within a couple of miles of our hotel including the one you mentioned.  The link allows scheduling to start 14 days prior to the desired test date.  So in the wee hours of 11/13 I'll try to schedule our tests for 11/26.  Worked great when we've used it before.

This one I told you is closest to the port. Where are you staying? Maybe can help you more

Kathy

I am livid. I just got an email with all the pretty pictures telling me to go to the app and cruise personalizer and book spa appointments and specialty dining etc but obviously cause of the stupid app cannot. This is simply wrong. These people are taking the fun out of the cruise and it is for sure not going to be stress free

Kathy

23 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

True dat!

By the end of October.

We just booked a British Isles cruise for Sep 2022 - our first cruise in a couple of years and the first since the Medallion system started.  Once I booked and went to the Princess site to start updating things I find there really isn't much I can do without the Medallion App - WE DON'T HAVE A CELL PHONE - and I darn sure don't want to get one just for this.  Is this post above saying that they are going to let us do things on the website again soon?  Thanks 🙂

5 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

We just booked a British Isles cruise for Sep 2022 - our first cruise in a couple of years and the first since the Medallion system started.  Once I booked and went to the Princess site to start updating things I find there really isn't much I can do without the Medallion App - WE DON'T HAVE A CELL PHONE - and I darn sure don't want to get one just for this.  Is this post above saying that they are going to let us do things on the website again soon?  Thanks 🙂

It has been reported that there will be web based options end Oct. or November. with dine my options to follow later. So you will have time. You may want to keep this telephone number, 1 844 525 0942. This is the current contact number for those that do not have smart phones or devices. 

Just now, skynight said:

It has been reported that there will be web based options end Oct. or November. with dine my options to follow later. So you will have time. You may want to keep this telephone number, 1 844 525 0942. This is the current contact number for those that do not have smart phones or devices. 

Thank you - I feel a bit better 🙂

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Was this FLL airport?  Where were they located? Before security or after? Thanks 

Sorry no, it was San Jose CA, Carbon Health. From their website Carbon Health | Modern Primary & Urgent Care I see they have two locations in Miami. My point was not to give up because appointment can't be found. I am sure many places take walk ins.

33 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

This one I told you is closest to the port. Where are you staying? Maybe can help you more

Kathy

We'll be at The Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale - Airport North.  For the Rapid Antigen several options pop up with the  1700 S Federal location about 2 miles away.  I think we'll be fine, thanks.

7 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

We'll be at The Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale - Airport North.  For the Rapid Antigen several options pop up with the  1700 S Federal location about 2 miles away.  I think we'll be fine, thanks.

Be careful I would call them first. I go about every 3 months for a test cause I am out selling advertising. I went to mine last time and they told me they don;t do the rapid tests

Good luck

1 hour ago, bjkTX said:

Here is one of the recent threads:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2800959-web-based-ocean-ready-coming-this-fall/

I wouldn't buy a phone until things are much, much more stable, and it is reasonably certain that THE PHONE

is the problem, and that replacing it will help.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bjkTX said:

Thank you - I feel a bit better 🙂

Also whatever you can not complete via a phone or website;  you can finish at the port.  There are pleny of Princess reps at the port helping people who are not 100% ready for ocean medallion green lane.  Not something to worry about.  Cheers

I JUST now got off the phone with a person that handles Jan Schwartz calls in Santa Clarita the home office. We talked calmly for over half an hour and he was very nice. I believe what he told me. He told me he has worked in that capacity in her area for 16 Years.  This is what he told me and it is not good

1. He said and his words "there is NO ETA for the date the app will work and he does not think it will be this year.

2. He also told me he knows nothing about them putting back up the personalizer like we used to have. Never heard anything about it.

3. He told me the 2 things I wanted to know which were the specialty dining and the spa appointments just go there first when I board.

This information does not make me a happy camper .What is your all take on this?

Kathy

9 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

I JUST now got off the phone with a person that handles Jan Schwartz calls in Santa Clarita the home office. We talked calmly for over half an hour and he was very nice. I believe what he told me. He told me he has worked in that capacity in her area for 16 Years.  This is what he told me and it is not good

1. He said and his words "there is NO ETA for the date the app will work and he does not think it will be this year.

2. He also told me he knows nothing about them putting back up the personalizer like we used to have. Never heard anything about it.

3. He told me the 2 things I wanted to know which were the specialty dining and the spa appointments just go there first when I board.

This information does not make me a happy camper .What is your all take on this?

Kathy

What it comes down to is show up at the pier with proof of vaccination, travel summary, passport and proof to covid test (at least for now) and they will get you on to the ship.  No reason to panic over specialty dinners or spa appointments.  We have never done these in advance and never had a problem booking while on board

• Like 2