Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

17 hours ago, Moonarino said:

My "planning" is making sure I've got printed copies of everything I can print, in case whatever might happen on their end. 30+ years as an IT pro, I've seen it all -- ALWAYS have a backup plan in case any part of the technology fails. 🙃

I know, way too scary to think about. But "it" happens.

"sh  "

On 9/17/2021 at 5:06 AM, summersbappi said:

if you prefer to dine different times and places you can just turn up at your chosen restaurant and you just wait for a free table there were lots of people who hadnt booked their table in advance and you just line up and wait for your turn for a table 

Thanks, that is good to know.

About this Medallion - insert choice words here - for two days I've tried to add an emergency contact to no avail!  (more choice words here).  The damn "loading' wheel just keeps spinning.  And I've just completed all of the other info I can at this time with the exception of the health statement and boarding pass, and I get a statement IN RED saying I don't have access to booking #XXXXXX and to check my records again.  Is this some kind of a joke that Princess is trying to foist off on us?

All I want to do is schedule my first night's dining preference.  Is this too much to ask?

Sorry for my rant, I'm really quite a pleasant individual!

Donna

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was FINALLY able tonight to book the 2 specialty restaurants I wanted. YEA !   BUT I have 2 complimentary fees for them and Princess charged them to my CC. What do I do?

Now if I could make the spa appointments I would be a happy camper.

Thanks in advance

Kathy

19 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

About this Medallion - insert choice words here - for two days I've tried to add an emergency contact to no avail!  (more choice words here).  The damn "loading' wheel just keeps spinning.  And I've just completed all of the other info I can at this time with the exception of the health statement and boarding pass, and I get a statement IN RED saying I don't have access to booking #XXXXXX and to check my records again.  Is this some kind of a joke that Princess is trying to foist off on us?

All I want to do is schedule my first night's dining preference.  Is this too much to ask?

Sorry for my rant, I'm really quite a pleasant individual!

Donna

Donna, have you tried logging in with Booking Number etc. ?

Hi, probably been said by someone before but was green lane plus specialty restaurant booked, now blue lane with none of my details there anymore and specialty restaurant booking has disappeared. Does this normally just reappear or do I need to call Princess?

13 hours ago, rabin1 said:

I was FINALLY able tonight to book the 2 specialty restaurants I wanted. YEA !   BUT I have 2 complimentary fees for them and Princess charged them to my CC. What do I do?

Thanks in advance

Kathy

I do not know why everyone is so crazy about getting complimentary dinners booked online. Just go to the restaurants when you board and book. If it is the first night complimentary for suites there wi be room for you. If it is another one there will be a card in your cabin with a date and time you can take that to the restaurant and change it.  Never had a problem with any of these 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, memoak said:

I do not know why everyone is so crazy about getting complimentary dinners booked online. Just go to the restaurants when you board and book. If it is the first night complimentary for suites there wi be room for you. If it is another one there will be a card in your cabin with a date and time you can take that to the restaurant and change it.  Never had a problem with any of these 

I am not CRAZY about complimentary dinners and would have paid if I had to and apparently did since they charged me and did not honor my complimentary fees. The problem is two fold. I have very bad legs and cannot run around quickly. I want to make sure I get the Sanctuary days I want and my hair is past my butt so I need the spa appointments I want. I travel alone so I have no one to help me. Lastly I know very well because I am in CC I would get the times and dates I want for restaurants I want. I am also like the lady that posted about planning. I like to have everything done BEFORE I get on the ship so I do not have to do anything except relax and have a good time. I think everyone likes to enjoy their cruise the way they want. If booking what I want be it hair appts, massages, dinner reservations and anything else I want to do and pay for my own reasons is your definition of being crazy I suggest you enjoy your cruise the way you should and not make comments about how I want to enjoy mine. thank you

Kathy

Edited by rabin1
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, rabin1 said:

Thanks in advance

Kathy

Was able to book spa appointments as of this morning for my 10/6 cruise. 17 days out. Still no luck with spa reservations for the 11/22/21 cruise though.

6 hours ago, memoak said:

Part of this phenomena could be since Princess is supposedly making it possible, then people want to do it.  Also, many of us could be testing to see if the App is working or not working since we know it has been full of bugs.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 11:43 AM, Tedferg said:

Donna, have you tried logging in with Booking Number etc. ?

No, I haven't, since the app opens to the page with all the check marks for completed entries, the only one not checked is for the emergency contact.  Just tried again and got the same thing.  Turned off my phone to stop the 'loading'.  I'll try to log in with my booking number when it opens again.  Thanks for this tip, Tedferg!

3 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

No, I haven't, since the app opens to the page with all the check marks for completed entries, the only one not checked is for the emergency contact.  Just tried again and got the same thing.  Turned off my phone to stop the 'loading'.  I'll try to log in with my booking number when it opens again.  Thanks for this tip, Tedferg!

OR delete the app and reinstall all the infor currently there would still be there

14 minutes ago, sammybonny said:

The Princess rep I spoke to when I booked the cruise told me to use the 'Quick Access' option on the app and booking ref to log in rather than log in details and seems to work most of the time.

I've been using Quick Access regularly and it has been pretty stable.

3 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

Welllll, still no luck adding emergency contact, so I'll not bother any further.  However, I was able to make my reservation for first night on board in Crown Grille; no option to chose preferred time, but the auto 7:30 works well for my sister and me. 

If your emergency contact is failing try adding the "1" to their phone number.

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been asked before - we have the Princess Plus for our cruise on Thursday. DH has the  medallion app on his phone so will use that onboard but can he also use his laptop or can he only use one device. Will he need to pay for another device? I will have my ipad.

This is very stressful......😟.

Many thanks.

Brenda

So my first experience of Medallion.

Had everything completed for me and my OH for a while and was Blue.  Last week registered my OH on their phone so they would be able to order stuff onboard but when I go to add the reservation to his account it doesn’t recognise his details despite them being exactly as per the booking confirmation.

strangely since doing this his details have gone from my app so where it had shown photos of both of us and both our personal details etc, his has gone. My status has gone back to green but the various sections are still completed but just for me.

don’t want to have to phone as in the U.K. I’ve had no success getting through after waiting 45 mins. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still no good.

any ideas folks?

1 hour ago, Lady Meer said:

Sorry if this has been asked before - we have the Princess Plus for our cruise on Thursday. DH has the  medallion app on his phone so will use that onboard but can he also use his laptop or can he only use one device. Will he need to pay for another device? I will have my ipad.

Many thanks.

Brenda

No, to use the Medallion App on board you can use any number of devices. No payment required unless you want to access the Net (as against the Intranet).

Don't stress, take it in your stride and if you have any problems just go to the Internet Cafe and ask questions. You have instructions how to access the on board Intranet in your cabin.

Even with Princess Plus I go to the bars or flag a waiter down, rather than use the App. The phone stays in the cabin.

Edited by leck57
spelling
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, leck57 said:

No, to use the Medallion App on board you can use any number of devices. No payment required unless you want to access the Net (as against the Intranet).

Don't stress, take it in your stride and if you have any problems just go to the Internet Cafe and ask questions. You have instructions how to access the on board Intranet in your cabin.

Even with Princess Plus I go to the bars or flag a waiter down, rather than use the App. The phone stays in the cabin.

Thanks so much for the info. I’m sure it’s not as complicated as we’ve found it so far! Neither of us are big phone users so will leave them in our rooms as we’ve done in the past.

Thanks once again.

Brenda

Another one intending to leave the phone in the cabin.....(same trip as Lady Meer).  We have managed to do all we need to do on the app but it took us a while to realise that we BOTH had to put in a credit card separately on each phone and that we needed a security photo that wasn't the same as putting up our profile picture. but I think we're there now....  I guess we'll find out if it really is all hunky dory on Thursday!

On 9/17/2021 at 6:57 PM, bjkTX said:

Thanks - although waiting until I get to the port to do things kinda scares me - probably works fine - but what if it doesn't - after a year of planning and waiting 🙂

I understand your concern; last time I cruised I was on Caribbean Princess; the first all medallion ship.  Everything at the port went very well.  Sometime in the future Princess will have the app working properly.  They should let Apple control the app;  that way it will work and it will be user friendly.  All the Best

Edited by AF-1

3 hours ago, Lady Meer said:

Many thanks.

Brenda

One can only be logged into one device at a time. To switch devices you have to log off then log back on. Regarding the laptop. Believe that the medallion app options will not be available on a laptop. Probably can use the internet. You may have to visit the "experts" on board to see how that works.

Stressful? Vacations are supposed to be stress free, just go and the ship takes care of everything. Not so with this Princess program. Princess has added stress to the entire process from planning, required equipment, boarding and so on. Not a very good business plan. 

4 hours ago, Lady Meer said:

Many thanks.

Brenda

The laptop will not be used for Medallion App functions like locating shipmates, ordering food & drink, looking up activities as in Patter information. 

All of those functions are using ship's INTRAnet which is free to all and you have to have a suitable device that will run Medallion Class App - just like at home.

You also have access to the INTERnet on board for connection to the World Wide Web where you can check your emails, check news sites, sports - all the things you might do today.  For that, you can use the laptop or the smartphone.

It is one device at a time for the internet for each of you on the PLUS package.  Just login using the laptop and it will ask and confirm you want to logout of the smartphone.  And vice-versa.

Thanks everyone for your help. Hopefully we have sorted it out now.

Skynight - we agree that vacations should be stress free. Have the days gone that we could book a cruise, look forward to it and just turn up at the port? I fear that has gone for good on Princess and just hope the other lines don’t follow.

Thanks again.

Brenda

• Like 1