Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

6 hours ago, ProfMHC said:

Because nobody can believe Princess would put something 

out there like this for their loyal customers! 

I have been trying to get something fixed for over a month.  I can't believe they didn't leave the ability to check in up on their website until they had worked out the bugs.  I called today to get an update on my issue that was reported to IT over two weeks ago just to find out that the "Navigation" number has been disconnected.  There is no live person you can speak with.  The only way to ask a question is to start a chat which is basically useless.  There is no way for them to check a que or even call IT to find out if my ticket had been assigned to anyone.  I have three weeks before my cruise and no way to check in or provide the other information they require.

HORRIBLE IMMPLEMENTATION

1 hour ago, cactusrose said:

I have been trying to get something fixed for over a month.  I can't believe they didn't leave the ability to check in up on their website until they had worked out the bugs.  I called today to get an update on my issue that was reported to IT over two weeks ago just to find out that the "Navigation" number has been disconnected.  There is no live person you can speak with.  The only way to ask a question is to start a chat which is basically useless.  There is no way for them to check a que or even call IT to find out if my ticket had been assigned to anyone.  I have three weeks before my cruise and no way to check in or provide the other information they require.

HORRIBLE IMMPLEMENTATION

Oh no!  Did you call Princess directly?

Tell them you need completing your check in.  The rest will  have to be done at the port.

So sorry you are having such problems.

Did you also try the app help email?

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

IF they are still available?

38 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Oh no!  Did you call Princess directly?

Tell them you need completing your check in.  The rest will  have to be done at the port.

So sorry you are having such problems.

Did you also try the app help email?

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

IF they are still available?

I did call Princess but they didn't not volunteer that they could complete the check in for me or order the medallion for me.  They suggested I wait a little longer to see if it's fixed.  I probably should call and talk to another CSR but I've already spent so much time today on hold that I think I'll wait until tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, cactusrose said:

I did call Princess but they didn't not volunteer that they could complete the check in for me or order the medallion for me.  They suggested I wait a little longer to see if it's fixed.  I probably should call and talk to another CSR but I've already spent so much time today on hold that I think I'll wait until tomorrow.

I don’t blame you.  I’d just check it periodically to see if it’s working.  
The medallion you can definitely pick up at the port.  It really doesn’t take that long.  I’d check the app during the week, as it looks like they do updates on the weekends. 

Have you deleted the app and then reinstalled it?  
Let us know how you make out.

Best of luck.

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

I don’t blame you.  I’d just check it periodically to see if it’s working.  
The medallion you can definitely pick up at the port.  It really doesn’t take that long.  I’d check the app during the week, as it looks like they do updates on the weekends. 

Have you deleted the app and then reinstalled it?  
Let us know how you make out.

Best of luck.

You usually get the medallion about 2 weeks before your cruise.  So it would need to be ordered very soon.  But, like I said, it’s really not a big deal to pick up at the port.  I’ve done that before.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You usually get the medallion about 2 weeks before your cruise.  So it would need to be ordered very soon.  But, like I said, it’s really not a big deal to pick up at the port.  I’ve done that before.

Thank you.  This is good info.

On 10/3/2021 at 9:09 AM, lakemurraykid said:

I got on the medallion app today and when I got to the health questions the entire screen went to white.  The only way I could get out of it was to shut my phone down.  But also, I had been in the green line and have since been moved back to the blue line.  Does anybody know what that means?  I hate this app; have had nothing but problems with it.  I think I'll only use the medallion to unlock our door and for the drink package.  I've read lots of people have been trying to make dining reservations and having great difficulties with that too.

I used the app on the first cruise out of LA for Princess last week and it worked great. I could order food and drinks anywhere on the ship and it would be delivered to me, from the Library to the hot tubs on the 16th deck. I was able to change my Dinner reservation quite easily when our excursion times changed and rebook my excursion from it. Back at the end of July this was posted that might help you and others.

I found this on a thread on CC and it worked for me. I was able to get into the green line status immediately after downloading my photo and filling in the required info. Try this out to see if it helps you.

Use the newest phone/tablet you have in the house (e.g. old iPhone 6 and 7s are known to have issues w/ this app).

-- Update your phone/device's latest firmware.

-- Ensure you have the latest update to Medallion Class installed from the Play/Apple Store.

-- Open the Medallion app and just "Sign Out."

-- Now do a restart of your phone/device.

-- Upon restart, open the app but do NOT use your previous username/pw combo.  Instead login by using your cruise confirmation number and a cruiser's birthday.  (Try to use the birthday of a person who was not the primary accountholder you had previously used.)

-- Go to "Travel Checklist"

-- Scroll to the bottom and touch "Next Step" (i.e. avoid clicking specific circles to fill in missing info).

-- Fill in any missing info/docs for pages the app presents.

-- Pray.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

While the Android-version apps for Celebrity and Royal get 3.8 of 5 stars in the Google Play Store (not all that great themselves), the Princess app gets a whopping 1.5 rating.

Didn't realize that.

I'm not as tech savvy as some of you. 

Nice to know its not just me having a tough go of the app.😏

• Like 1

Just the fact that they removed the ability to input information on the website is incredibly baffling.

My sausage fingers and the (relatively) tiny screen of my phone just really are not designed as data input devices... SMH...

<edit> 

Never mind the fact that the app it self is incredibly frustrating to use, I have not been able to launch OceanReady for two days to do anything...

Edited by chshrkt
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, chshrkt said:

Just the fact that they removed the ability to input information on the website is incredibly baffling.

My sausage fingers and the (relatively) tiny screen of my phone just really are not designed as data input devices... SMH...

<edit> 

Never mind the fact that the app it self is incredibly frustrating to use, I have not been able to launch OceanReady for two days to do anything...

They sure have no problem taking payments on the website.  

• Like 1

I feel like I just won the lottery - I have the green lane for our December cruise! I probably deleted and reloaded this app twenty times! But, no matter how many times I try I cannot get dining to come up. I just get a spinning circle and the word “loading”. Anyone have any ideas??

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GweninTX said:

I feel like I just won the lottery - I have the green lane for our December cruise! I probably deleted and reloaded this app twenty times! But, no matter how many times I try I cannot get dining to come up. I just get a spinning circle and the word “loading”. Anyone have any ideas??

I believe that they are still having issues with DineMyWay. Which ship are you on?

8 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Jo and Tom,

It’s Not The Rowboat 😁😁

Tony

EEAE9EEA-F3A7-4375-8B3C-FB876EB6EBC2.jpeg

And we are always grateful to cruise in the rowboat with you and your lovely wife! The service is top notch, chivalry abounds, butter pats are plentiful and formal nights a delight! 🤗

• Haha 1

Just wanted to let everyone know. Although there are glitches with the app prior to boarding  once on the ship the app runs flawlessly. I am on Grand Princess. Have been aboard for five days and the app has not failed me. I have ordered food and drinks, located my shipmates, used the crew chat feature, used the journey view to find out what was going on throughout the ship. Wifi works great.  Streamed a  movie on my ipad    Have a great day. Cheers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OK, for what it is worth to future cruisers, particularly in the UK, I have been having many issues with my iPhone 7 running i0S14 .  The app will not work on any iPhone running anything less than 13 and may not download at all.  After 3 stressful weeks trying to put info in for my cruise leaving next week, I had a bit of a wheeze and asked my son to download the app to his brand new iPhone 13.  Spent an hour putting info in and got green ticks all the way down and am in the Green Lane for check in.  Just the medical questionnaire to do the day before departure.  The app on my own iPhone 7 is now showing correctly and is updated and showing QR code for check -in.  The only glitch now is that it has forgotten what I put in for the Medallion wearable which shows correctly on the page but its check mark on the main screen is removed.