Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

2 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’ve never signed out so that’s what’s puzzling. I think I’ll call 📞 Princess tomorrow. Perhaps someone will post the direct number for the Medallion App people. 

Tom😀

Help line

Phone: 844 525 0942

and email support:

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

They may be updating the system.

Try again today before calling. 

@trbarton and @Ronnieslady Princess sent an email yesterday that they were working on the dining portion of the app and to not try to make or change any dinner reservations so I just stayed clear of the whole app for the night. Hopefully whatever they were doing is what caused your problems and it's fixed now.

3 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

@trbarton and @Ronnieslady Princess sent an email yesterday that they were working on the dining portion of the app and to not try to make or change any dinner reservations so I just stayed clear of the whole app for the night. Hopefully whatever they were doing is what caused your problems and it's fixed now.

Would be nice if they would just put an alert on the app.

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Not surprising I suppose.  I did notice on the weekend that the 1-800-PRINCES phone number has an option for MedallionClass help, so we still have a toll-free line.

The medallion help is just a bunch of tips. So back through the general lines.  27 minute sand counting.  Got cut off the first time !!

29 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Not surprising I suppose.  I did notice on the weekend that the 1-800-PRINCES phone number has an option for MedallionClass help, so we still have a toll-free line.

20 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

The medallion help is just a bunch of tips. So back through the general lines.  27 minute sand counting.  Got cut off the first time !!

Oh, boy.  Useless.  And you don't get option to be put through.  I just ASSUMED that option was to get through to them as well, but the last two times I called, I was using the direct line.

Great waste of time - have to talk to a rep who knows nothing and get screened before getting a Medallion Rep.  🥵

• Thanks 1

Even worse in the UK, we don't get our Medallions sent to us, we pick them up at the port.  Despite being allowed to enter details for all passengers, and get as far as label printing, I cannot get the app to recognise my wifes existence as a fellow passenger in my cabin.  Attempts to get anyone other than an apparent brain transplant donor on the phone (45 minute wait) failed.  I was told to turn up at the port where someone will help me (no ability to make the necessary arrival time appointment).  The person I spoke to had never seen a check in so didn't know what it was like.  According to the website, there will be three lines - green for completely electronic, blue for longer more documented process and yellow for even longer process with further checks.  So I don't know which one to join and the info I have seen suggest that at least one will be a drive thru so do I park the car first or not?  Feel sorry for less computer aware folks who will see a message to say that if they turn up without the right documentation, they may be denied boarding.  Bet your life that the person responsible for this crock of s*** will get a bonus this year whilst the hard working staff rely on tips for a living wage.  People will be dissuaded from booking Princess because of this and, as a shareholder, this concerns me.  I am turning up with as much documentation as I can muster, including evidence that I have paid, to see what happens.  So much for the paperless society - my pile is nearly half an inch thick (Insuarance details, vaccinations certificates, car park details, hotel details, etc)  Complete joke.

• Like 2

Well, after reading the last several comments I will concede that Princess is doing an even worse job than Celebrity with their app-"enabled" (haha) check-ins and other "conveniences" (haha but not at all funny). ... Maybe need to hire a "ghost-busters" type IT fix-it team or something.

I'm sure we're lucky it isn't worse, like if they were dealing with 100% ship capacities instead of maybe half or less. Imagine the on-hold times (and disconnects) then. And confused/angry mobs inside port terminals.

3 hours ago, barriedavis said:

Even worse in the UK ... Bet your life that the person responsible for this crock of s*** will get a bonus this year whilst the hard working staff rely on tips for a living wage.  People will be dissuaded from booking Princess because of this and, as a shareholder, this concerns me. ... Complete joke.

I'm betting it's "people" rather than "person" responsible, so plural on the bonuses? I feel every bit of your "view" on Princess booking management right how. And having a long history in the IT industry I'll wager that senior managrment/executive/board-level decisions (ergo the bonus-eligible bunch) are the most responsible for the likelihood that overworked IT staff are groaning under the strain of a top-level decree.

At the risk of repeating myself. A few times when I was on a long hold, the background music stopped and I thought I was disconnected. I held on and periodically 'All Agents are busy' message but no more music. Eventually I was answered.

43 minutes ago, Disneymom06 said:

I just heard platinum or elite no longer get free internet.

I so disappointed

But we do get 50% off now and we used to get 25% off.  Plus, you can order it pre-cruise and get the discount whereas before we had to wait until on board and only get discount off a higher price. 

$5/day for 1 device is pretty good net cost.  $10/day for 4 devices is even better if two or more of you are getting internet.

• Like 1

The App won’t recognise my booking number. I’ve given up on the phone helpline after an hour on hold. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app twice. My cruise leaves in 12 days!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Iggy68 said:

The App won’t recognise my booking number. I’ve given up on the phone helpline after an hour on hold. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app twice. My cruise leaves in 12 days!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am having the same problem. I leave oct 15

Keep trying or give up.  Mine only lets me do certain things then thats it.

I have cruise later this week.  I plan to show up with all my docs in hand.

I'm picking up my Medallian at check in, and call it good.

Plan to make Dining rez onboard.  And I'm not worrying about it.

Just showing up with what I need to check in, and were done trying to make app work ahead.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Keep trying or give up.  Mine only lets me do certain things then thats it.

I have cruise later this week.  I plan to show up with all my docs in hand.

I'm picking up my Medallian at check in, and call it good.

Plan to make Dining rez onboard.  And I'm not worrying about it.

Just showing up with what I need to check in, and were done trying to make app work ahead.

My thing is how do you check in how do you do the medical questionnaire. 

I am traveling from Canada and hate to show up and then not be aloud to board. 

just cruised with carnival a few weeks ago and it was so much easier than this mess

As long as you have your Negative covid test,  I don't see why you can't fill out

your Medical questionairre when you check in/embarkation?

(Thats how weve always done it, til now)

You are Not the only ones having App probs, and Princess knows it.

I don't think you need to worry as long as you have your docs. like Vax card,

passport & Negative test within 2 days.😷

• Like 1

I got on the medallion app today and when I got to the health questions the entire screen went to white.  The only way I could get out of it was to shut my phone down.  But also, I had been in the green line and have since been moved back to the blue line.  Does anybody know what that means?  I hate this app; have had nothing but problems with it.  I think I'll only use the medallion to unlock our door and for the drink package.  I've read lots of people have been trying to make dining reservations and having great difficulties with that too.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tracyvansmith said:

just cruised with carnival a few weeks ago and it was so much easier than this mess

But...

But...

But...

Princess is the Consumate Host!!!

One thing I have noticed about the medallion app...

In the old days, if anyone dared to post anything negative about anything related to princess.

They would be slammed, mocked, insulted, etc

The medallion app seems to have broken that barrier!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2