Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

@rabin1Just saw your current post of 2 minutes ago.  That is certainly not good news and so very opposite of what the various areas are saying about putting things back on the personalizer.  Not good PR for sure.  I have most everything done on the app and my cruise is not until 2/27/2022 so will take a wait and see.  Final payment is due end of November and if the current requirements for testing 2 days prior to boarding and masks wearing in some indoor places are still in place (as they certainly appear to be since they now say until 12/31/21) then I think we will be cancelling as my adult son is going with me and he does not like having to wear a mask.  I'm use to it as I live in CA and wear one in all public places even though totally vaccinated.  He lives in TN where they do not wear masks.  I just may be cancelling our mini suite and rebooking myself in a balcony cabin as a solo.  Thanks for the info that you found out.

52 minutes ago, memoak said:

What it comes down to is show up at the pier with proof of vaccination, travel summary, passport and proof to covid test (at least for now) and they will get you on to the ship.  No reason to panic over specialty dinners or spa appointments.  We have never done these in advance and never had a problem booking while on board

Same here.  Always been able to get whatever appointments we want once onboard.  No worries!

1 hour ago, rabin1 said:

He also told me he knows nothing about them putting back up the personalizer like we used to have. Never heard anything about it.

I don’t believe there was any talk about re using the personalizer.  The reporting was that there is to be a “web based Ocean Ready” which I took to be a new and separate web site interface to the app.   Back at the beginning of the medallion there was a separate website for Ocean now etc but it is now defunct.  I think they are reviving a version of that site.  I may be wrong but that is how I interpret it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rabin1 said:

1. He said and his words "there is NO ETA for the date the app will work and he does not think it will be this year.

2. He also told me he knows nothing about them putting back up the personalizer like we used to have. Never heard anything about it.

. . .

What is your all take on this?

#1 is really no surprise, based on what folks here are reporting. For #2, he may have been confused at the terminology - there have been web captures posted here of the announcement that there would be what they call 'Web-based Ocean Ready'; he may not have realized that was what you were referring to as the personalizer (tho it may just be a case of him not being in the loop wrt those plans).  My overall take is that Carnival/Princess IT management team is as bad (or worse) at keeping top management up-to-date on their status as they are at implementing software.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, memoak said:

What it comes down to is show up at the pier with proof of vaccination, travel summary, passport and proof to covid test (at least for now) and they will get you on to the ship.  No reason to panic over specialty dinners or spa appointments.  We have never done these in advance and never had a problem booking while on board

I don't want the RCCL experience of having to book everything ahead of time, so I'm not using the app for that. If we ever cruise with my in-laws or another couple again,  I would probably try to book dinner at a set time. Otherwise we wander in when ready, or eat somewhere else. 

On 6/26/2021 at 2:20 PM, margord said:

I was able to make it through most of the Medallion App but when I got to the part to order my Medallion my cruise was not showing.  I called the number and (long story short) they said they would get it fixed and to try again tomorrow.  Next day I tried again and the cruise was there and I was able to order the Medallion.  I set up my dining which I am not overly happy about because I always liked to decide the dining time each day, but what can you do.  I could not set up my arrival and departure times as they were not available (yet!).  Also, the health portion they said was not to be done till a few days prior to the cruise.  It looks like once you make it through the Medallion App it will be good for other cruises (at least until your passport expires).  Looks like I will only need to set up dining times, arrival and departing times, ordering of the Medallion and the health check going forward.

I talked to someone who (at least) seemed knowledgeable who said once I arrived at the port they would basically scan my Medallion and I would then board the ship.  If you can figure out the Medallion App the first time, seems like everything else gets easier (as in subsequent cruises and boarding of the ship).  Good luck everyone.

if you prefer to dine different times and places you can just turn up at your chosen restaurant and you just wait for a free table there were lots of people who hadnt booked their table in advance and you just line up and wait for your turn for a table 

On 6/26/2021 at 5:02 PM, skynight said:

Room Service is not included with the Premier Beverage Package. Really has nothing to do with the medallion app. If specialty coffees are available on the room service menu you can order them and there will be a charge. Regular coffee is free. 

you can get drinks delivered to your cabin we did one in august and you can request drinks to your cabin free of service charge if you have taken out the plus fare which includes drinks wifi and service charge

2 hours ago, summersbappi said:

you can get drinks delivered to your cabin we did one in august and you can request drinks to your cabin free of service charge if you have taken out the plus fare which includes drinks wifi and service charge

Princess changed the terms & conditions since the re-start in August. Room service plus some other revisions were made. Room service is now included in the beverage package. Prior to the re-start room service was excluded. 

23 hours ago, rabin1 said:

I am livid. I just got an email with all the pretty pictures telling me to go to the app and cruise personalizer and book spa appointments and specialty dining etc but obviously cause of the stupid app cannot. This is simply wrong. These people are taking the fun out of the cruise and it is for sure not going to be stress free

Kathy

Spa appointments are on the Personalizer. Booked ours for March Majestic this week.

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

Spa appointments are on the Personalizer. Booked ours for March Majestic this week.

They are still not available for my 10/6/21 or 11/22/21 cruises. 😞 I can and have booked spa reservations for my 11/7/2022 cruise which seems crazy. A bit frustrating. Just hope I can get an Enclave pass once on board.

58 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

They are still not available for my 10/6/21 or 11/22/21 cruises. 😞 I can and have booked spa reservations for my 11/7/2022 cruise which seems crazy. A bit frustrating. Just hope I can get an Enclave pass once on board.

With reduced passenger count for social distancing, it might be easier to book things on board, as there

will be fewer people competing for them.

However, a lot of the early plans of how "things would be" seem to have been dropped.

So, who know at what percentage-of-full capacity ships will be sailing at.

29 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

With reduced passenger count for social distancing, it might be easier to book things on board, as there

However, a lot of the early plans of how "things would be" seem to have been dropped.

I didn’t know they were doing that. My cruise is almost sold out over Christmas 

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

I also got Arrival Group A and I'm sailing in a Club-Class Mini-Suite so I get "priority boarding" whatever that means these days. So I'm pretty hopeful I can snag one when I board. But I'm a planner. I get almost as much joy from planning and prepping for my cruise as I do actually on the cruise. I'm missing out on a big part that I love. I guess I'll survive though. 🙂 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 3:03 PM, AF-1 said:

Also whatever you can not complete via a phone or website;  you can finish at the port.  There are pleny of Princess reps at the port helping people who are not 100% ready for ocean medallion green lane.  Not something to worry about.  Cheers

Thanks - although waiting until I get to the port to do things kinda scares me - probably works fine - but what if it doesn't - after a year of planning and waiting 🙂

29 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

Thanks - although waiting until I get to the port to do things kinda scares me - probably works fine - but what if it doesn't - after a year of planning and waiting 🙂

My "planning" is making sure I've got printed copies of everything I can print, in case whatever might happen on their end. 30+ years as an IT pro, I've seen it all -- ALWAYS have a backup plan in case any part of the technology fails. 🙃

I know, way too scary to think about. But "it" happens.

Edited by Moonarino
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, pinkshelleyg said:

Has anyone else not been able to retrieve travel documents?  We have completed all of the necessary information but keep getting an error.  We cruise in just over a week!

All there and green for Oct 2022 voyages.  Sorry to read your note.  Sign in to Princess.com and check your Captain's Circle profile and see if the info is there.

• Like 1