Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

I understand your concern; last time I cruised I was on Caribbean Princess; the first all medallion ship.  Everything at the port went very well.  Sometime in the future Princess will have the app working properly.  They should let Apple control the app;  that way it will work and it will be user friendly.  All the Best

The last Princess cruise we took was supposed to be the first Medallion cruise and they couldn't get it ready.  I think they gave us some OBC 🙂  BTW - love your screen name :-)

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

If your emergency contact is failing try adding the "1" to their phone number.

Hi, Thrak!  Yes, the +1 is entered for the emergency contact, but still nothing.  I'm not going to worry about it any more; I'm done playing around with their app.  Must be ok, since it allowed me to make dinner reservations though.  Will find out on the 15th when we arrive at the terminal.

Donna

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lady Meer said:

Thanks everyone for your help. Hopefully we have sorted it out now.

Skynight - we agree that vacations should be stress free. Have the days gone that we could book a cruise, look forward to it and just turn up at the port? I fear that has gone for good on Princess and just hope the other lines don’t follow.

Thanks again.

Brenda

This is what we get from contemporary "conveniences" like phone apps and such. Being "connected" 24/7 (especially regarding phones they never truly "sleep" unless we actually power them off). The real story behind almost all of the "convenience" is the money made from ads or grabbing our contact info and selling it.

I for one, so far, have done nothing with the Medallion app, haven't even installed it yet, as I can find most (or all?) of what I need to do on the Princess webpage. All those links -- for WiFi packages, Dining and Drink packages (even a water package, sorely missing on RCL), Excursions, Spa, more than I'm even interested in.

I don't really understand why the cruise lines (including Celebrity, my closest upcoming cruise) are so insistent and persistent on pushing the apps front and center these days, when their websites still work very well ... most of the time anyway ... and thereby just confusing, frustrating and stressing people needlessly.

Boiling all this down, my strong advice is to stay on the web as long and as deep as one can for setting everything up initially, and maybe after all this is done, then and only then see what "extra", if any, the app actually offers. As I mentioned above, this is my experience with Princess and also Celebrity, just in the past month. As for Celebrity I've done just about all I want to do on the web except arrange specific nightly dining times, but it looks like I can even do that -- and with less hassle than on the app I'm quite sure. I've only recently booked my Princess cruise but as I said, I'm seeing on the web pretty much everything I'm interested in arranging for that cruise too.

6 hours ago, Lady Meer said:

Thanks everyone for your help. Hopefully we have sorted it out now.

Skynight - we agree that vacations should be stress free. Have the days gone that we could book a cruise, look forward to it and just turn up at the port? I fear that has gone for good on Princess and just hope the other lines don’t follow.

Thanks again.

Brenda

As far as I can tell you can still show up with passport, CDC card, Travel Summary, test data and credit card and board as always

• Like 2

6 hours ago, memoak said:

As far as I can tell you can still show up with passport, CDC card, Travel Summary, test data and credit card and board as always

Thats my plan, and pickup the Medallion! 

Weve done a few medallion cruises and it wasn't a big deal to get it at Embarcation.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Moonarino said:

All those links -- for WiFi packages, Dining and Drink packages (even a water package, sorely missing on RCL), Excursions, Spa, more than I'm even interested in.

Not sure how your Princess.com experience varies from the norm, but you cannot book internet there (have to phone in for now until they add it to the MC App).  You cannot arrange dining on Princess.com since it was removed.  A Princess guest would mostly be pound-foolish to book the drink package at a huge upcharge to booking a cruise with the PLUS option.

That said, Princess is working on new website functionality to bring many of the MC App functions to the website.  Probably a NOV delivery date.

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Not sure how your Princess.com experience varies from the norm, but you cannot book internet there (have to phone in for now until they add it to the MC App).  You cannot arrange dining on Princess.com since it was removed.  A Princess guest would mostly be pound-foolish to book the drink package at a huge upcharge to booking a cruise with the PLUS option.

But, if you book with the plus option, "employee incentive" is included, and can not be removed.

It may be more important to some of the posters here to remove the "employee incentive", no matter what the cost...

It must be a very emotional choice for them.

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

But, if you book with the plus option, "employee incentive" is included, and can not be removed.

It may be more important to some of the posters here to remove the "employee incentive", no matter what the cost...

I really don't think that is a material thing.  Even so, the PLUS is still a bargain compared to PBP.

23 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

Has anyone been able to book spa appointments? If so how far before the cruise and where and how?

Thank you

I was finally able to book them for my Oct 6th cruise 17 days out. Still can't book for our Nov 22nd cruise

20 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Even if crew incentive and wifi are excluded the plus fare is still at least break even vs. purchasing the Premier Beverage Package alone.

Premier Beverage Package for one person = $70.79/day. Cabins mates do not have to purchase.

Plus fare in most cases = $40/day. Everyone in the cabin has to purchase.

Two in a cabin = $80/day, $9 extra/day over the price of one PBP. Just makes sense. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 9:50 AM, Steelers36 said:

That said, Princess is working on new website functionality to bring many of the MC App functions to the website.  Probably a NOV delivery date.

"norm" as in the "new" norm? Not sure what you're getting at. I booked my Nov 2022 Princess cruise the old-fashioned way, on Princess.com. Maybe other functionality is no longer (or will no longer be) there, and I never buy drink packages anyway (hence "more than I'm even interested") but I did see options to manage most other aspects of my cruise. But I'm not really looking to spend much on that cruise right now anyway, as I have two cruises before that one to throw money at. When the time comes to work up my Princess cruise, I'll see how much I can do on the website at that time, before I go to the app. That was my only point in a nutshell -- avoid "work-in-progress" hassles and do as much as I can (or as much as I'm interested in doing at this time) the old-fashioned way, pre-app.

Edited by Moonarino

3 hours ago, Moonarino said:

"norm" as in the "new" norm? Not sure what you're getting at. I booked my Nov 2022 Princess cruise the old-fashioned way, on Princess.com. Maybe other functionality is no longer (or will no longer be) there, and I never buy drink packages anyway (hence "more than I'm even interested") but I did see options to manage most other aspects of my cruise. But I'm not really looking to spend much on that cruise right now anyway, as I have two cruises before that one to throw money at. When the time comes to work up my Princess cruise, I'll see how much I can do on the website at that time, before I go to the app. That was my only point in a nutshell -- avoid "work-in-progress" hassles and do as much as I can (or as much as I'm interested in doing at this time) the old-fashioned way, pre-app.

Yes, I meant the new norm.

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one having problems with the app. Hubby and I have a cruise coming up for next month, so I downloaded the app like the website requested, but I was getting so frustrated with it since it will not let me do the acceptance of passage contract acknowledgement or upload any of the required travel documents. It kept freezing and I had to close the app and reopen it. I did that several times and finally just gave up.   I will instead take all the required documents with us to the pier and let them do it there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enigmalady777 said:

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one having problems with the app. Hubby and I have a cruise coming up for next month, so I downloaded the app like the website requested, but I was getting so frustrated with it since it will not let me do the acceptance of passage contract acknowledgement or upload any of the required travel documents. It kept freezing and I had to close the app and reopen it. I did that several times and finally just gave up.   I will instead take all the required documents with us to the pier and let them do it there. 

Why don't you just walk over to the headquarters and ask Jan for help? 😋

And, are you really a mysterious lady?

Edited by 2 cruises a year
  • Haha 1

In today’s MC app’s update to Version 3.3 for iPhone/iPad the option to pre-purchase the MedallionNet package was added.

For Elite & Platinum level passengers this price will be discounted by 50% onboard & received as refundable OBC. As I recall Steelers36 wrote that eventually we can purchase it onboard through the app for the discounted price which could be paid by using OBC.

35F5F54C-6B56-438D-911E-4BB74D2692AE.jpeg

72F724E4-33A5-4AD4-8AC1-AA69BEB3BF4A.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer