Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

On 7/10/2021 at 12:15 PM, Tedferg said:

At last I have Travel Info Emergency Return Airport for just one cruise, 2/26/22 not for 10/24/21, Hard to imgine this is passenger dependent not App dependent. 

Any thoughts why one cruise 2/26/22 would have Travel Info items and another 10/24/21 would not have them?

5 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Any thoughts why one cruise 2/26/22 would have Travel Info items and another 10/24/21 would not have them?

That i strange since the later date is showing the items.  The new items showed up for our Oct 2022 voyages on the weekend.  I suspect it is data driven by voyage and not passenger.  Otherwise, no idea.

Re the Travel Information request that has been, is being requested on the MC app. According to my princess pvp, if your ezair flight info is in your personalizer you may skip this. I noticed it has no asterix indicating it is not required regardless. They have it there so they can be sure there is no conflict with your cruise & your flight itineraries. 

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

That i strange since the later date is showing the items.  The new items showed up for our Oct 2022 voyages on the weekend.  I suspect it is data driven by voyage and not passenger.  Otherwise, no idea.

1 hour ago, 1965 said:

Re the Travel Information request that has been, is being requested on the MC app. According to my princess pvp, if your ezair flight info is in your personalizer you may skip this. I noticed it has no asterix indicating it is not required regardless. They have it there so they can be sure there is no conflict with your cruise & your flight itineraries. 

What is strange is that you would expect the same 'form' on both cruises and just not need to enter data if not necessary. Perhaps have those selections grayed out if not needed.

Also under travel information it asks about Drive, Share Ride, Taxi etc. so not completely EZAir.

I made this comment before but didn’t see a response. I am surprised PCL wants credit card info for cruises long in the future. My TA does not store. CC info, I give it to her when needed. Do you feel confident that Medallion is secure, when did we previously provide CC to PCL ?

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Also under travel information it asks about Drive, Share Ride, Taxi etc. so not completely EZAir.

I didn't get that far since it's not required. I'm ignoring it. 😁

4 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I made this comment before but didn’t see a response. I am surprised PCL wants credit card info for cruises long in the future. My TA does not store. CC info, I give it to her when needed. Do you feel confident that Medallion is secure, when did we previously provide CC to PCL ?

You were able to input your credit card info into the cruise personalizer as soon as you booked.  It’s no different in the medallion class app.  When did you fill out all your stuff before?  You can do it whenever you want to, you just won’t have a “completed” check mark until you do (same as the personalizer). 

also, there is a difference between the “medallion” and the “medallion class app”. I assumed you meant the app when you asked if it was secure.  The medallion itself stores no information.  It just has a passenger id that links to your account.  As to the app security time will tell.  Most banking apps today are very secure so there should be no reason that this one can’t be.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

You were able to input your credit card info into the cruise personalizer as soon as you booked.  It’s no different in the medallion class app.  When did you fill out all your stuff before?  You can do it whenever you want to, you just won’t have a “completed” check mark until you do (same as the personalizer). 

also, there is a difference between the “medallion” and the “medallion class app”. I assumed you meant the app when you asked if it was secure.  The medallion itself stores no information.  It just has a passenger id that links to your account.  As to the app security time will tell.  Most banking apps today are very secure so there should be no reason that this one can’t be.

Yes I did mean the App. thank you, or more importantly, the Server where App stores data. I did decide to wait until nearer cruise time, just could not remember when we did it previously.

On 7/7/2021 at 10:18 PM, Steelers36 said:

I too do not have the new additional sections to Personal Info & Documents.  I even wondered if there was a new App version and uninstalled and re-installed.  Nope - still not there. 

I wonder if they programmed those sections to show only for voyages within the next X days?  Ours are for OCT, 2022. 

One new change is that our dining setup for the first virtual voyage of 25 nights (B2B2B) is all gone.  Further, I cannot make any individual night res on that journey, nor a full-journey res for same time every night.  Our dining res setup for OCT 31 is still there.  Not sure if action by IT Team to address dining issues or if it relates to my recent detailed email to various key personnel at PCL HQ in regards to MC App and DMW.  I may get some further insight tomorrow, but nothing more I can say right now.

Hi Steelers36, I've been having the same problem. We had our MDR reservations and they now have disappeared. Our cruise is for March 2022 and I received an e-mail from Princess saying that Platinum and Elite can reserve dine my way in advance but when I try it on the app it answers that this option is not yet available. Were you able to get your res for same time every night, if so how?

15 minutes ago, LouCoop said:

Hi Steelers36, I've been having the same problem. We had our MDR reservations and they now have disappeared. Our cruise is for March 2022 and I received an e-mail from Princess saying that Platinum and Elite can reserve dine my way in advance but when I try it on the app it answers that this option is not yet available. Were you able to get your res for same time every night, if so how?

I believe I did update that we now have Travel Information and Emergency Airport items showing in our App.

Our dining res disappeared for our first voyage of 25 nights (B2B2B).  Has not re-appeared.  Our second voyage (a later date and single 14-nighter) never did "lose" the res.  It is still there, but cannot make anything else as get nothing found message.

I believe they erased all the setup for many voyages (no idea how many).  Not sure what is going on.  In terms of me getting some insight into this further, I have not had the conversation as yet and perhaps on Wed afternoon.

Originally, I had to make our res using DMW because Princess defaulted us to dine alone at a 2-top and we are sailing with friends.  I set up dining with them at a 4-top but we didn't get a 4-top for the entire first voyage.  It looks good for the second voyage.  

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I believe I did update that we now have Travel Information and Emergency Airport items showing in our App.

Our dining res disappeared for our first voyage of 25 nights (B2B2B).  Has not re-appeared.  Our second voyage (a later date and single 14-nighter) never did "lose" the res.  It is still there, but cannot make anything else as get nothing found message.

I believe they erased all the setup for many voyages (no idea how many).  Not sure what is going on.  In terms of me getting some insight into this further, I have not had the conversation as yet and perhaps on Wed afternoon.

Originally, I had to make our res using DMW because Princess defaulted us to dine alone at a 2-top and we are sailing with friends.  I set up dining with them at a 4-top but we didn't get a 4-top for the entire first voyage.  It looks good for the second voyage.  

Thanks for the info, guess I will continue trying DMW.

How will we print our baggage tags?   I have an almost new Android phone that the MC app works on but not sure how to print from this app if this is indeed the portal for printing bag tags.  Hopefully this function will be available from the Personalizer on my desktop.

PS Dine my Way function on my phone does not work.  All other functions appear to be ok since I got green check marks on all the other requirements.

Thanks,

6 hours ago, HleeCruiser said:

How will we print our baggage tags? 

I was able to print our luggage tags today for our August 29th cruise. You still print these through the Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website.

NEW ANDROID VERSION FOR MC APP

Hey all.  I was wondering what about DMW and some people writing about the OCEAN team line setting up dining.  Since mine disappeared over a week ago, been checking if working again.

Called OCEAN today and spoke to a nice woman, Beverly, who has probably worked for Princess a long time.  She worked on the cancellations and refunds a year ago and was recently assigned to OCEAN.

First thing is, there is a new release out.  Most of the time (all???) I get notice if any of my Apps has a new version to install.  But not with MC App.  She mentioned a new release, so I deleted and re-installed.  After the install from Play Store, it changed to an UPGRADE button, so I did that.

The new Android version is:  3.0.92725

Did I notice anything different?

YES.

1) At first I only had #2 - Medallions checked GREEN.  I tapped on Personal Info & Docs and all appropriate sections were GREEN for us - based on sailing date.

2) When I went back to OCEAN Ready on main app page, now Steps 1 thru 3 were all GREEN checked.  Well, I'd say the first time the Step #3 was also not GREEN.

3) I should say that I tapped into Personal Info more than once as the first time I got the old "All Hands on Tech" error msg and went "OH NO".  LOL.

4) DMW was not working (more later).

5) A couple of hours later ... I re-open the App and Steps 1 thru 3 are all GREEN checked.

6) HOWEVER, I am in the BLUE Lane.  I saw this originally as well when doing #1 thru #3 above.

Even though we have done all the steps we can for now, we are BLUE LANE.  I guess they must have had a change of mind as to how to designate guests.  We were considered GREEN Lane before when I had been able to complete Steps 1 thru 3.  It is far too early for us to be able to select Arrival Group and do the Health Form.  If they keep with this, I guess we will be considered BLUE all the way down to doing the Health Form a couple of days before sailing.  (Correct me if I have lost my mind, but I do think they were labeling us as GREEN if Steps 1 thru 3 in Ocean Ready were complete>

This isn't a big deal - just a behavior change and need understand things are okay.

DineMyWay has been off-line today, so Beverly could not see if we had any res or not (I had mentioned we lost our res for first three cruises).  She was aware the team was working on DMW weekend and today.  So, a new release was out, but DMW not up.

In discussing DMW, she said we weren't linked with our friends' bookings.  I found that strange as we were linked in MC App and I could see that after doing the linking.  I had made dining res using all four of us.  Whatever Beverly saw on her end indicated we were NOT linked.  Hmmm.  Not looking to start a flurry of calls, but anyone else who has a cruise with friends or family and your bookings were linked PRIOR TO JUNE 7 might want to check with Princess agent or OCEAN team just to be sure.  Not sure what impact this has/had to dining over all, or if it had anything to do with the "loss" of our reservations, but I thought we were linked based on what I saw in the App. 

I will post this and some more DMW notes on the DMW thread.  If you want to read this and a bit more, check that out.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Adding Travel Info.  

LOL.  Took a peek at this today in the new release.  What a joke.  Some others have posted about missing airport codes and such.  Scrolling down airport codes just ran out in the B's.  But I could type in "YYZ" and it found it and displayed "YYZ - Toronto".  It found "FCO - Rome" as well, but wouldn't accept it if I tapped on the result.  As for flight info (which we don't have as yet), the airlines were even worse.  Completely out of order and full of airlines that don't exist anymore.  I found at least two Canadian carriers that are long out of business or bought out.  I also noticed Eastern Airlines.  Remember them all you US members?  Makes me wonder how many more mistakes and gaffes are in this section.  No, it isn't end of the world critical, but just more sloppy work by Princess IT.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

Another item to add to Post #193.  I did ask the Princess rep about Arrival Groups.  Did she know if there was going to be an official date or time period ahead of each sail date when these could be selected.  (And kick me for not asking about staggered access for Elites first, etc).  She thought it could be as early as can make airline reservations.  I didn't take this as definitive and it doesn't make sense with what users have been experiencing.  If anyone else learns/knows more, please post.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Another item to add to Post #193.  I did ask the Princess rep about Arrival Groups.  Did she know if there was going to be an official date or time period ahead of each sail date when these could be selected.  (And kick me for not asking about staggered access for Elites first, etc).  She thought it could be as early as can make airline reservations.  I didn't take this as definitive and it doesn't make sense with what users have been experiencing.  If anyone else learns/knows more, please post.

I didn't include all three of your posts but thank you for the details of what you've learned. I guess it just reinforces to me not to try and remove and reinstall the app for some time to come. Right now, the app shows us in the green lane with everything in Personal Info green checked; only the arrival group and health status are incomplete (we're too far out for those). The rep's comment about Arrival Groups possibly being as early as airline reservations is curious since most airlines (Southwest excluded) open up reservations about 11 months out. Unless I misunderstand what she meant by "make airline reservations?" 

Iphone Medallion Class app revision 3.1.3 came out July 13th.  It says Health & Vaccine Submission form available in MCLass Ocean Ready Checklist.  I assume this is part of Health Status link; which you can not submit until 72 hrs prior.  Any thoughts on this? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Iphone Medallion Class app revision 3.1.3 came out July 13th.  It says Health & Vaccine Submission form available in MCLass Ocean Ready Checklist.  I assume this is part of Health Status link; which you can not submit until 72 hrs prior.  Any thoughts on this? 

We are sailing on August 29th and I was able to complete the health status section today. We’ve now got 5 green check marks and our QR code says proceed to the green lane. I guess we’ll see if we have to confirm the information again just a few days before the cruise.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

First thing is, there is a new release out.  Most of the time (all???) I get notice if any of my Apps has a new version to install.  But not with MC App.  She mentioned a new release, so I deleted and re-installed.  After the install from Play Store, it changed to an UPGRADE button, so I did that.

@Steelers36Thanks so much for posting this information. I have an iPhone but I did as you suggested and deleted and reinstalled the app this morning. I was finally able to make dining reservations for our November 20th sailing. I was also able to complete the health status form for our August 29th sailing. Very happy that the app is working better for me today.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Adding Travel Info.  

LOL.  Took a peek at this today in the new release.  What a joke.  Some others have posted about missing airport codes and such.  Scrolling down airport codes just ran out in the B's.  But I could type in "YYZ" and it found it and displayed "YYZ - Toronto".  It found "FCO - Rome" as well, but wouldn't accept it if I tapped on the result.  As for flight info (which we don't have as yet), the airlines were even worse.  Completely out of order and full of airlines that don't exist anymore.  I found at least two Canadian carriers that are long out of business or bought out.  I also noticed Eastern Airlines.  Remember them all you US members?  Makes me wonder how many more mistakes and gaffes are in this section.  No, it isn't end of the world critical, but just more sloppy work by Princess IT.

I have Pixel 4a running Android 11.  Fully patched and all apps up to date.   I had the same issue you did with the Emergency Airport Codes.  However I tried it on an iPad and it worked fine.  I guess the iPadOS programmers are better than the Andorid guys.  🙂

Also as far as putting in dining times.....  I can do it one day at a time and it works.   However if I try to do the entire cruise (well actually 4 cruises B2B) it fails.  The same "no reservations" message.  Same issue with Android and iPadOS.    

• Like 1