Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

I've just done the update on my iPhone; it isn't yet available on our iPad.  Here is a SUMMARY of what the Health section says for our Alaska cruise on August 1:

- Complete/update your health status [see below] and confirm within 24 hours of sailing

- "Face masks are required at the terminal, when moving around the ship, and on shore excursions.  Masks may be removed in restaurants and bars while eating or drinking."

- "Upon arrival at the terminal, a temperature check will be performed."

Then there is a section of questions you are to answer about your health in the 14 days prior to your cruise, so I can't answer those yet.  The questions relate to Covid, such as "have you been exposed to Covid in the past two weeks" and "have you been tested recently" and "will you be fully vaccinated when you board".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Iphone Medallion Class app revision 3.1.3 came out July 13th.  It says Health & Vaccine Submission form available in MCLass Ocean Ready Checklist.  I assume this is part of Health Status link; which you can not submit until 72 hrs prior.  Any thoughts on this? 

Thanks for the info & these are the things they’re reporting in the update.

03773A56-399A-4163-BF9A-BED6992B39B0.jpeg

24 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

I have an iPhone but I did as you suggested and deleted and reinstalled the app this morning. 

I thought it was suggested earlier that 'Update' is sufficient. I checked App Store on 13th and it said 'Open' so that implies there is no Update. I will check again but of course that means leaving my PC and finding my iPad.

This really is absurd that I can be sitting at a PC, on Princess site, checking Bookings etc and have to stop and go to another device !!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuilterGirl said:

I've just done the update on my iPhone; it isn't yet available on our iPad. 

It is available you just may have not gotten a notification yet.  If you click on the app in the app store there is an update button.  Did it just this morning.

For those that always “delete” and “reinstall” try checking the update radio button first. You should not have to delete and reinstall unless there are significant issues. I’ve been using the same download and just running updates since 2019. 

48 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

App Store on 13th and it said 'Open' so that implies there is no Update

If it says “open” still click on the app title until it goes to the next screen where all the app data is. If there is an update that you have not yet received notification for there will be an update button

51 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

It is available you just may have not gotten a notification yet.  If you click on the app in the app store there is an update button.  Did it just this morning.

For those that always “delete” and “reinstall” try checking the update radio button first. You should not have to delete and reinstall unless there are significant issues. I’ve been using the same download and just running updates since 2019. 

I manually do Apple Store updates daily and last night it wasn’t available for either my iPhone nor my iPad but this morning both were there.

I also do updates & not reinstall and they install without any problems.

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

Thank you for this! I just updated my APP (did not delete) and now I finally was able to enter my travel documents! The only thing pending is my health screening which I guess I will have to wait until close in to do that. I've been trying for weeks with no help from the princess email address so I'm so glad to get this figured out! 

You’re welcome!  One of things people should do which may help is after being in the app is to make sure you sign off and “close” the app.  That means don’t just minimize it but swipe it off!  If you are unsure what I mean google “how to close apps for whatever device your using”.  Each time you reopen it you might see changes that occurred that did need a full on version update in the app store.  Also, checking for updates in the app store as I noted above in case the notification didn’t come through.  A reboot of your device (turning it completely off and back on) can help too but I haven’t ever had to do that for this app.

Re my previous post, the official line from Apple is not to bother closing your apps unless they are “frozen” as it can effect battery life, however I would definitely still “close” it before I would ever uninstall. 

3 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

Re my previous post, the official line from Apple is not to bother closing your apps unless they are “frozen” as it can effect battery life, however I would definitely still “close” it before I would ever uninstall. 

Must check that - on iPad I have pressed on my photo/icon and then 'Sign Out' but did not swipe the App. Just Updated and can make reservations for every night for Oct 24, 21 cruise but Feb 26, 22 still says unavailable.

Oct cruise still does not show Travel Info section, Feb cruise does. I emailed Support.

Can anyone advise please - I have checked in both myself and my husband in on my log in and can toggle between us to input info -which hopefully now is all complete. All green ticks and there is a QR code appeared on the initial page but will this be for both of us or should I be seeing two QR codes ie one for each of us?

Wonder how different it will be for people who are not aware of the Medallion. We have neighbors who will be on the same Oct 2021 cruise as us, just a coincidence. They do not seem to be aware of Medallion and we know them just a casually and chose not to involve them in Medallion discussion.

If it was not for Cruise Critic we would be oblivious and would just turn up to get Medallion at Pier. Hard to remember what we used to do previously. Print Boarding Pass and Luggage Tags, right ?

See topic: Accomplished Check In Without Ocean Medallion No App Needed.

Person did everything over the phone. Maybe, regarding my post above, some TA will call Princess and do the hand holding.

5 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I manually do Apple Store updates daily and last night it wasn’t available for either my iPhone nor my iPad but this morning both were there.

I also do updates & not reinstall and they install without any problems.

I had to hunt for the update on my iPad - it wasn’t showing on the list to update.

Very strange.  Bottom line, I updated the app on my iPad and iPhone and Voila!!

We now have dining reservations for our B2B in October.  Our dining reservations for

our December cruise are still there. 
Now, I will continue to stalk the app for Arrival times for October and December 🤣

Please remind me why I should have a login for DW. She is travel companion on MC, made DMW reservations for two, etc. 

BTW I tried to change reservation time and was told Nothing Available then later worked OK. 

Edited by Tedferg

10 hours ago, joepeka said:

The rep's comment about Arrival Groups possibly being as early as airline reservations is curious since most airlines (Southwest excluded) open up reservations about 11 months out. Unless I misunderstand what she meant by "make airline reservations?"

She was referring to the 330 day mark when EZ-Air reservations open.  But, this didn't really make sense and I think it was more of a guess.  Perhaps it is a plan for MC App - who knows? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tedferg said:

See topic: Accomplished Check In Without Ocean Medallion No App Needed.

Person did everything over the phone. Maybe, regarding my post above, some TA will call Princess and do the hand holding.

Here is a link to the post with information about the telephone number to call so you can get a medallion without using the App.

The number listed in the post is (844) 525-0942.

I was chatting with some friends this evening who have done a couple of world cruises with Princess and they were sharing how much they dislike the app and that there is no option to complete registration on a regular computer.

I was just playing around on the app (delete / reinstall  / no way to update on my droid otherwise) and now I can enter that I'm vaxed!! I still need to go in within 3 days of embarkation and check 1 box but I'm GREEN LANE AGAIN! 

FWIW I do log off each time, it just doesn't update so I do a workaround 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Tedferg said:

This really is absurd that I can be sitting at a PC, on Princess site, checking Bookings etc and have to stop and go to another device !!!!!!

I hadn't thought of it like that but you are spot on. I just checked a cruise on my Personalizer but to do other things I need to go to a device that has the App. Just stupid.

We have sailed Princess before but not on Medallion class. My question is regarding activities which we have to book via the app. Previously on the daily patter it would indicate, if my memory serves me right, if there was an additional fee to pay. Am I assuming right that the app would also? I have reserved numerous activities and now wonder if when I board on 31st July I’ll see charges on my account! This is on Regal leaving Southampton . Thanks for your help

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

I was just playing around on the app (delete / reinstall  / no way to update on my droid otherwise) and now I can enter that I'm vaxed!! I still need to go in within 3 days of embarkation and check 1 box but I'm GREEN LANE AGAIN! 

When does your cruise depart?

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

I tried Health Status this morning and it was functional (Android latest MC App release).  Answered the stuff, but no ask to upload vaccine proof.  Completed and status is HEALTHY.  As you said, need to check box attesting as current two/three days before sailing.  With Step 5 having a GREEN check, we are back in the GREEN LANE.  Still do not have Step 4 (Arrival Groups) done as not open yet. 

I guess they aren't going BLUE Lane all the way to sailing after all. 

(Still DMW not working for me since the new MC App release/upgrade).

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, PAMJP said:

We have sailed Princess before but not on Medallion class. My question is regarding activities which we have to book via the app. Previously on the daily patter it would indicate, if my memory serves me right, if there was an additional fee to pay. Am I assuming right that the app would also? I have reserved numerous activities and now wonder if when I board on 31st July I’ll see charges on my account! This is on Regal leaving Southampton . Thanks for your help

What activities? If you reserved spa services, specialty dining, those charges would be charged directly to your credit card when reserved. You should already see them on your credit card accounts. The charges will not show in your on board account. If you wish to cancel read the cancelation procedures. Shore excursion tours. These reservations first use up your OBC. Any excess is then charged directly to your credit card. Again review the cancellation terms if you wish to cancel.

If you are speaking about craft session fees these should be charged once on board if you show to the session and purchase the craft. 

Thanks for your reply skynight, I was asking about what would normally be shown in the daily patter, which now are on the medallion app as to what is schedule for your daily activities. Some of the things they want you to book for are theatre shows, afternoon tea, enrichment lectures etc. I think this is all down to Covid, as we are on the first cruise that Princess are leaving from Southampton on 31st July seacation.