Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

Heads up, there's a new Travel Information input on the app and it's another fail.  Everything else that I've reported over the past month + has been fixed but this is a new problem.  Here's the email that I just sent to the Ocean help folks:

"Hello again.  I noticed that you have added a new “Travel Information” option under Personal Information & Documents.  This is for our August 8, 2021 sailing that has a booking number of XXXXXX.  The data in there was incorrect.  We purchased our air through Princess but what was sent to the app was very old information, so the app doesn’t seem to pick up schedule changes.  I tried and failed to just accept the bad data as it wasn’t that far off timewise but we still showed as red for this step.  So I figured I would simply delete the bad information and start over.  Oddly it showed us as green for this step after I deleted the old data.  Then I tried to manually load our flights.  First thing is that the airlines in the dropdown are not in alphabetical order but I was able to pull up United Airlines by typing it in.  Then I tried to enter airports but it doesn’t seem to have Phoenix (PHX) or San Francisco (SFO) in the selections.  Lots of airports in other countries that I’ve never heard of though.  In any event I stopped trying and figured I had best write back to you.  I indicated it below but I am trying to do this on a fully updated iPhone11."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was able to enter both pieces of my travel info (Starting your Journey, and Onward Journey) into the app. You have to use the drop down to select each day and enter your info. 

I kind of broke the app logic being that my entire travel time is 15 minutes. I live here, Princess! 

image.thumb.jpeg.3df6922427ba511f3236ae3f11ac5bcc.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

"Hello again.  I noticed that you have added a new “Travel Information” option under Personal Information & Documents. 

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Interesting...there is no place to see flight information at all in my app.

Just checked and it's not there for me either. Of course the flights I have booked are likely no longer available since they are round trip to Melbourne, Australia. I'm not even going to bother checking them on the Princess site as I can't imagine the flights are still going to be listed - even though I do have them booked.

• Like 1

This just reinforces my thoughts that the majority of the issues a lot of us are seeing is data corruption.  If all the planets and stars align such that your data is "good" then the app shows more info and generally  "works " for you!

1 hour ago, ChangeOrder said:

The two new items are here:

image.thumb.jpeg.14006eb48b669646927eb748145b3cee.jpeg

I noticed these new options today as well, in fact, it caused my status to go from Green Line to Blue Line. Regardless, I did try to change the emergency return airport info without updating travel info (since we don't have flights booked yet) and it would not save the emergency return. Good thing we're not sailing any time soon. 🤬

• Like 1

5 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Then I tried to enter airports but it doesn’t seem to have Phoenix (PHX) or San Francisco (SFO) in the selections.

Thanks for reporting this issue to Princess. It also doesn’t have Seattle or Sacramento airports listed. In fact when I looked at the drop down options it only has airports listed that begin with an A, B or C. The last airport option I have on my drop down menu is COW - Coquimbo. I have no idea where this is! I guess the app developer in charge of entering all the airports went home for the day and perhaps this person will enter some additional airports tomorrow.

• Like 1

I too do not have the new additional sections to Personal Info & Documents.  I even wondered if there was a new App version and uninstalled and re-installed.  Nope - still not there. 

I wonder if they programmed those sections to show only for voyages within the next X days?  Ours are for OCT, 2022. 

One new change is that our dining setup for the first virtual voyage of 25 nights (B2B2B) is all gone.  Further, I cannot make any individual night res on that journey, nor a full-journey res for same time every night.  Our dining res setup for OCT 31 is still there.  Not sure if action by IT Team to address dining issues or if it relates to my recent detailed email to various key personnel at PCL HQ in regards to MC App and DMW.  I may get some further insight tomorrow, but nothing more I can say right now.

10 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

Thanks for reporting this issue to Princess. It also doesn’t have Seattle or Sacramento airports listed. In fact when I looked at the drop down options it only has airports listed that begin with an A, B or C. The last airport option I have on my drop down menu is COW - Coquimbo. I have no idea where this is! I guess the app developer in charge of entering all the airports went home for the day and perhaps this person will enter some additional airports tomorrow.

Coquimbo is a port n Chile. We stopped there on a Princess 49 day cruise around South America.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2021 at 12:35 PM, Esjung1 said:

Any experience issues getting their travel documents entered?  I have all other categories filled out and check marks showing but every time I try to put in my passport or birth certificate information it just keeps telling me "We're sorry, the OCEAN network is having some difficulty. We cannot access your details."  I called the 1-844 princess number and they couldn't help me, the answer was to download the app on a different phone or download it again.  Both of which I did and it still doesn't work.  Do I just show up at the port with my documentation and not worry about it?  Thanks in advance, first time dealing with this so new to me! 

I'm having the same issue and I've tried on three devices and two separate platforms. 😞 It's not just you. 

13 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

You must be living right!

14 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I got a quick response back from my email to the Ocean team:

"We have shared this latest development with the team to research.

Thank you!"

I got the same reply, but they haven't fixed any of the bugs. So....

1 hour ago, Informatics Nurse said:

I got the same reply, but they haven't fixed any of the bugs. So....

Well I will stay hopeful.  I've been reporting problems to them for a month now and they've fixed every single one to date.  It could be that I am on a cruise in a month, but I do think they are trying to get it right, they are just overwhelmed.

We are back in the green lane for our October B2B.   Guess whoever was in charge of loading the airport codes came back to work today. 🤣

Still can’t get an arrival group or dinner reservations but not going to fret since it’s just the 2 of us.  We can be flexible.

And, since the Majestic doesn’t have the Sanctuary, I am not so concerned about being in an early arrival group.  Still hope we can board early enough for lunch in the Dining Room.

That is one tradition I would hate to miss.

• Like 3

Can someone tell me which Medallion App version folks are using the show the additional travel information e.g. Emergency Return Airport & Travel Information. I reloaded Medallion Class app from the Apple Store Version 3.1.2. My screen does not show the above mentioned items. 

Could this information only be available for early sailings? My bookings begin in March 2022. etc.

17 minutes ago, kjg46 said:

Can someone tell me which Medallion App version folks are using the show the additional travel information e.g. Emergency Return Airport & Travel Information. I reloaded Medallion Class app from the Apple Store Version 3.1.2. My screen does not show the above mentioned items. 

Could this information only be available for early sailings? My bookings begin in March 2022. etc.

They have not updated the Android version.  They must have been able to "turn on" these features depending on cruise departure date.  Perhaps they have been there all along???  I don't see them and we sail OCT 2022.  A new version of the App is not required for these features for whatever reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

They have not updated the Android version.  They must have been able to "turn on" these features depending on cruise departure date.  Perhaps they have been there all along???  I don't see them and we sail OCT 2022.  A new version of the App is not required for these features for whatever reason.

I mentioned this yesterday, I noticed these two new travel info items yesterday and I did not update my Android version of the app, it's the same one I've had since early last month. We sail next April. I'm waiting until September when all the big August updates are supposed to finish before I update.

3 hours ago, kjg46 said:

I can see them for October & November cruises but not for December 1.   I vaguely remember in one of the latest Webinars, John C mentioned the priority was the first 3-4 months of cruising startup.

IDK where all I suggested this, but these posts seem to indicate that they have software control on whether the travel info and home airport info are shown or not.  No doubt it will open for future voyages as time passes.  If Princess would just tell us what is going on we'd have nothing to speculate about, would we?  😉