Carnival Share OBC

amajaa

6 hours ago, BrianI said:

I prefer not to involve a third person in the application process so I simply download my current HL statement, blank out the non relevant items and then attach to an email direct to P&O.

Details on how to do this is shown on the link in my post #16.

I normally get an acknowledgment within two or three days. Later I get a revised P&O invoice via my TA which shows the extra on board credit.

Brian

That is exactly what I did, it has always worked before and did with Princess and Cunard.  But this time not worked and I even attached a copy of original contract note as well . Perhaps I got a jobsworth person who was being awkward but he said not enough info and I have to provide more. Goodness knows what other info he wants. 

Interesting that HL will inform Carnival/P&O of your share holding.  Halifax share dealing arm seem to delight in telling their customers that due to GDPR they cannot tell third parties i.e. P&O ( or other companies who offer share holder perks) how many shares you hold. I can’t believe it’s because it’s easier to bang out a standard letter than to actually select the information and carry out the customer’s request. 
Is selective GDPR a recognised condition? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ranchi said:

Interesting that HL will inform Carnival/P&O of your share holding.  Halifax share dealing arm seem to delight in telling their customers that due to GDPR they cannot tell third parties i.e. P&O ( or other companies who offer share holder perks) how many shares you hold. I can’t believe it’s because it’s easier to bang out a standard letter than to actually select the information and carry out the customer’s request. 
Is selective GDPR a recognised condition? 

Probably! 

Hargreaves has a reputation for being expensive (though in some circumstances, particularly with Investment Trusts, it can be one of the cheapest) but their customer service is always impeccable.

I see it as the First Direct of their sector.

Anybody remember when there was just one member of staff at Southampton who sorted out all the OBC requests, usually on the same day, sometimes taking as long as 24 hours, no fuss, and who ended her confirmatory email with “Enjoy your cruise”?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BrianI said:

I prefer not to involve a third person in the application process so I simply download my current HL statement, blank out the non relevant items and then attach to an email direct to P&O.

Details on how to do this is shown on the link in my post #16.

I normally get an acknowledgment within two or three days. Later I get a revised P&O invoice via my TA which shows the extra on board credit.

Brian

That's what I have always done. There certainly used to be a specific shareholderbenefits address.

12 minutes ago, Britboys said:

That's what I have always done. There certainly used to be a specific shareholderbenefits address.

There still is

shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com 

Brian

• Thanks 1

On 7/7/2021 at 9:01 PM, BrianI said:

There still is

shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com 

Brian

Just sent my request and got the auto reply, some delay in applying credit.

It helps if your shares are held by Equiniti as you only need to send your shareholder reference and name, cruise details etc

19 minutes ago, davecttr said:

It helps if your shares are held by Equiniti as you only need to send your shareholder reference and name, cruise details etc

It’s not much difference to what I do. I just email direct to P&O with a current statement attached. 
Just looked up their dealing charges - 1.5% with minimum of £45. HL charge £11.95.

Brian

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BrianI said:

It’s not much difference to what I do. I just email direct to P&O with a current statement attached. 
Just looked up their dealing charges - 1.5% with minimum of £45. HL charge £11.95.

Brian

not bothered about dealing charges, bought the Carnival shares years ago for the shareholder benefit and they are the only shares I own.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, davecttr said:

not bothered about dealing charges, bought the Carnival shares years ago for the shareholder benefit and they are the only shares I own.

That is why I bought them and we opted at the time for a share certificate so we dont have any dealer charges and the  money we have gained through OBC benefit and dividends for what we paid they dont us anything.

I was naughty had forgot the rules applied 2 weeks before paying balance today but I got acknowledgement after a week from p and o and checked today when I paid balance for October cruise  with T .A. and it was showing on my booking so all is well 

53 minutes ago, suekay said:

Thanks for the link which I've bookmarked for use after final balance paid

No need to wait until paying your balance.  I've already claimed, and had the paperwork through,  for my March cruise on Arcadia.   

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

No need to wait until paying your balance.  I've already claimed, and had the paperwork through,  for my March cruise on Arcadia.   

Thanks all. I'll apply now instead of waiting til balance is paid

I’ve had my extra onboard credit rejected as I booked a staycation cruise whilst onboard and they were offering 15% discount. 
Unfortunately I am unable to apply your shareholder discount to this cruise. As you have a promotion of an on board booking discount applied to your booking already, the share holder benefit is not combinable with this”.

This doesn’t seem very fair as we are still shareholders and the discount was a benefit for everyone, I could understand it if they had offered this discount only to shareholders.

• Like 3

I take it you were on a staycation when you booked another staycation?

Whenever we have booked on board, the only "incentive" was additional OBC for the new booked cruise.  We have always been able to combine OBC received for booking on board with Shareholder OBC.

Someone did previously post a copy of the T & Cs regarding shareholder OBC.  It does mention there that shareholder OBC may not be applied to discounted cruises.  Maybe P&O are applying the T & Cs to the letter.  I fully understand that with the BLC discount, as that can be up to 45%, which for our staycation in September far exceeds the £60 OBC, even when added to the £160 OBC for  an Early Saver fare.

Does seem a little bit mean to withhold the shareholder OBC when the fare reduction is only 15% though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I take it you were on a staycation when you booked another staycation?

Whenever we have booked on board, the only "incentive" was additional OBC for the new booked cruise.  We have always been able to combine OBC received for booking on board with Shareholder OBC.

Someone did previously post a copy of the T & Cs regarding shareholder OBC.  It does mention there that shareholder OBC may not be applied to discounted cruises.  Maybe P&O are applying the T & Cs to the letter.  I fully understand that with the BLC discount, as that can be up to 45%, which for our staycation in September far exceeds the £60 OBC, even when added to the £160 OBC for  an Early Saver fare.

Does seem a little bit mean to withhold the shareholder OBC when the fare reduction is only 15% though.

And where will it end? No shareholder OBC if you've booked at launch and had a 5% past passenger discount? 

37 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

And where will it end? No shareholder OBC if you've booked at launch and had a 5% past passenger discount? 

I agree. If you have booked a cruise fare that is basically available to anyone (so no BLC discount) , then you should  be  entitled to the  shareholder OBC.

• Like 3

*Shareholder benefit will not be granted if your booking is booked through as Friends and Family offer, TIS (Travel Industry Services) or a complimentary booking. All other fares types are currently combinable with shareholder benefits.

Sharholder benefits need to be applied no later than three weeks prior to sail date

That is shown here

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/PO/why-book-with-us/more-info-share-holder

So changing the rules ? 

Another question regarding the shareholder benefit...
Last night I booked another summer cruise, for 20 days time - Carnival the latest you can apply for the shareholder benefit is 3 weeks before. Has anyone had any issues getting the OBC added with less than 21 days to go before sailing?

1 hour ago, reef112 said:

Last night I booked another summer cruise, for 20 days time - Carnival the latest you can apply for the shareholder benefit is 3 weeks before. Has anyone had any issues getting the OBC added with less than 21 days to go before sailing?

I have had it refused in the past, but not always.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reef112 said:

If it is a Staycation and heavily reduced in price you might find that they will refuse shareholder OBC because of the discount given. P&o and Cunard have done this recently.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

If it is a Staycation and heavily reduced in price you might find that they will refuse shareholder OBC because of the discount given. P&o and Cunard have done this recently.

They do seem to change the goal posts on whim for UK bookings.

Edited by LifeonMars

3 hours ago, LifeonMars said:

They do seem to change the goal posts on whim for UK bookings.

Not normally I have never had shareholder OBC refused by P&O/Cunard or Princess after many cruises but the recent one by Cunard which was refused is understandable. It does clearly state in their T&Cs on which fares OBC will not be applied.