Carnival Share OBC

amajaa

Is anyone else having trouble getting the OBC for shareholders added to their cruise. I sent exactly the same info I have always sent with of course an up to date statement but they have said not enough proof of share ownership and that they need to know at least 100 shares. It clearly shows in a few places 100 shares.  Completely confused with this, I sent off for a Princess  Cruise at the same time and they added straight away. 

I sent mine off last week and got confirmation yesterday.  It was a letter of confirmation from IWeb.  I'd called them a couple of weeks ago and they put in the diary and sent it out later.  I'm expecting the same for my November cruise.  First time I've ever done it.

31 minutes ago, Waju said:

We have proof that Hargreaves Lansdown have sent details of our holding to P and O but no confirmation yet from P and O to say they have received it!

Ah you got HL to send it for you did you? I might have to do that,  have always just sent a copy of the original contract note and an up to date statement before. It always was enough proof before and as I said Princess happily accepted okay.

22 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Ah you got HL to send it for you did you? I might have to do that,  have always just sent a copy of the original contract note and an up to date statement before. It always was enough proof before and as I said Princess happily accepted okay.

I usually phone HL too and get them to contact P and O as I don't have the share certificate.

I emailed my Princess screen shot of shares on Sunday and they replied they had been added the next day. Always poted my P&O ones which took a week or two.

• Like 1

I e-mailed Princess on Saturday with my cruise number, name and address and share certificate number and received an e-mail return on Monday saying it had been added to my account and then an hour later received another e-mail from my TA with a new invoice confirming my shareholder benefit had been added. Di exactly the same with Cunard at the same time and have yet to hear anything but I am expecting no problems.

Can someone please remind me how long before a cruise we can apply for share benefit?  We are on a Princess cruise departing 22nd October this year and have just paid the balance.  Is it too early to apply yet?  

5 minutes ago, tring said:

Can someone please remind me how long before a cruise we can apply for share benefit?  We are on a Princess cruise departing 22nd October this year and have just paid the balance.  Is it too early to apply yet?  

I've already applied for mine, and at the same time applied for our March 22 cruise. 

• Thanks 1

I thought it had to be applied after the balance had been paid because in theory you could sell the shares months before you sail but things may have changed.I am waiting until I have paid the balance before contacting H/L

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ann141 said:

I usually phone HL too and get them to contact P and O as I don't have the share certificate.

What P&O details do you give them? Is there a specific email address? This is on my jobs list for this week amd was wondering how on earth to go about this as I'm also with HL and its all just online now (no share certificate)

3 minutes ago, NaomiW said:

What P&O details do you give them? Is there a specific email address? This is on my jobs list for this week amd was wondering how on earth to go about this as I'm also with HL and its all just online now (no share certificate)

I phone HL up and normally they just ask for your booking reference, date of sailing and name of ship

• Like 1

Just now, ann141 said:

I phone HL up and normally they just ask for your booking reference, date of sailing and name of ship

Thanks Ann - that’s useful to know. I’ve asked them for written confirmation before, which they happily provide, but your method’s even simpler.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ann141 said:

Thanks, I will do the same but might wait till nearer sailing date. As I said I have never had a problem before with P & O and Princess is really good.

Princess is good for the Military OBC as well as they have a note of it and automatically add it when they see my Husband’s name. With P  & O  you have to apply each time and it goes on straight away  This time though with all 3 bookings we have with P & O we gave details to T A as normal and it still hasn’t been applied although they were all booked over a year ago. From what I can gather others are having same problem with P & O. 

I prefer not to involve a third person in the application process so I simply download my current HL statement, blank out the non relevant items and then attach to an email direct to P&O.

Details on how to do this is shown on the link in my post #16.

I normally get an acknowledgment within two or three days. Later I get a revised P&O invoice via my TA which shows the extra on board credit.

Brian

2 minutes ago, BrianI said:

I prefer not to involve a third person in the application process so I simply download my current HL statement, blank out the non relevant items and then attach to an email direct to P&O.

Details on how to do this is shown on the link in my post #16.

I normally get an acknowledgment within two or three days. Later I get a revised P&O invoice via my TA which shows the extra on board credit.

Brian

I did exactly the same as you, to Carnival yesterday. Got an automated reply instantly, so I know it is in the system.

Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I prefer to to do it myself, rather than rely on a third party doing it for me.

13 hours ago, tring said:

I applied direct to Princess by e-mail last Saturday for my UK Staycation cruise on 9th September (balance just paid) and received confirmation by e-mail on Monday that it had been applied and was on my booking online on my account on Princess the same day. Excellent service. Must admit it makes it easier for me as I have a share certificate so only have to e-mail cruise number, name and address and share certificate number.

Edited by majortom10

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I did exactly the same as you, to Carnival yesterday. Got an automated reply instantly, so I know it is in the system.

Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I prefer to to do it myself, rather than rely on a third party doing it for me.

My investment company always provided this service, and since they offer the facility to all their clients, they clearly have a reliable and routine operation, and it always worked. 

You can do the same yourself, but each application will vary and will need careful scrutiny by P&O, whereas the investment companies standard approach will make things much easier for P&O and therefore much faster.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

I applied direct to Princess by e-mail last Saturday for my UK Staycation cruise on 9th September (balance just paid) and received confirmation by e-mail on Monday that it had been applied and was on my booking online on my account on Princess the same day. Excellent service. Must admit it makes it easier for me as I have a share certificate so only have to e-mail cruise number, name and address and share certificate number.

DH sent a statement from the brokers by email this morning, which is what they ask for.  Had a reply immediately saying they hope to apply it within two weeks, but may take four since they are inundated with work.  Our cruise is not until late Oct though, which may well be the difference.  We paid our balance at the weekend.

Edited by tring

7 minutes ago, tring said:

DH sent a statement from the brokers by email this morning, which is what they ask for.  Had a reply immediately saying they hope to apply it within two weeks, but may take four since they are inundated with work.  Our cruise is not until late Oct though, which may well be the difference.  We paid our balance at the weekend.

Dont know why mine was actioned so quickly then I sent it to the Benefits e-mail and to be honest I was surprised I got a response so quickly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Dont know why mine was actioned so quickly then I sent it to the Benefits e-mail and to be honest I was surprised I got a response so quickly.

Ours sent to benefits email and came back from the same.  I think it is perhaps our later cruise date, but may turn up a lot earlier than it said.